Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Should He Divorce Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should He Divorce Her? (1920 Views)

When Can A Nigerian Woman Divorce Her Husband? / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / I Don't Want To Divorce Her,but Do I Have Any Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Divorce Her? by nikky5(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
Femi lost his amiable wife four years ago.He has two kids aged 6 and 8years respectively. Two years he found another lady who loves his kids dearly and promised to take good care of them.The challenge Femi is facing now is that the lady is bloating or rather growing too big for his liking.Initially she weighed 45kg and slim but now she weighs 97kg with very big tummy.He never liked fat ladies. They have a baby now but he is contemplating a divorce cos she sometimes snore heavily at night which is very embarrassing to Femi. He confided in me that when he saw stretch marks underneath her armpit and questioned her about the likelihood of becoming fat she denied that her mother was never a fat woman.The baby also took after her in size as she weighed 5.00kg after birth.Though the woman has embarked on dieting but it seems not to make any difference.Please advice my friend because they are Christians and his wife loves him dearly.
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by freecocoa(f): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mschew.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Juliaann(f): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
That your friend is confused

I really don't think he loved the lady at first

3 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
so because of fatness, he wants to divorce his wife?? the man needs help! angry rabbish!!

3 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
I am not saying he should divorce her but I understand that he has a problem.
She doubled in size. This is too much. undecided
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by flashinglights: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
this is a very funny post.
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ask him if he will be happy if his wife decides to cheat and divorce him simply because he got broke. He is to support his wife in her weight loss journey. He has to understand that once a woman adds twice her weight, it is very difficult to loose it all fast. He has to exercise patience and keep encouraging her to hit the gym as regularly as possible. Is he gonna keep divorcing women simply because they added weight? should women avoid getting pregnant to please men? Adding weight during pregnancy is perfectly normal but a woman has to be careful not to allow herself get so fat that it becomes difficult to loose it.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by thorpido(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Divorce,on top weight gain?
Marriage means you have to pull through it together.He should work with her in her journey to shed the weight.It won't happen quickly,he has to be patient too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by nikky5(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for your replies but I must say that it is not as easy as most of you think.There is something every man cherish in a woman that attracts you to her. I wish you knew my friend and how he has emaciated.His mother has been pleading with him to leave Tina but he insisted that she lied to him.He simply doesn't like fat women.He has even refused to pick my calls because of this. Candid speaking I love this couple and Femi's children love Tina very dearly.My heart is bleeding right now.
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
nikky5:
Thanks for your replies but I must say that it is not as easy as most of you think.There is something every man cherish in a woman that attracts you to her. I wish you knew my friend and how he has emaciated.His mother has been pleading with him to leave Tina but he insisted that she lied to him.He simply doesn't like fat women.He has even refused to pick my calls because of this. Candid speaking I love this couple and Femi's children love Tina very dearly.My heart is bleeding right now.

Then give them a season ticket for the gym. cheesy

She should also do a medical check-up, it is not normal to gain so much weight, not even during pregnancy.
Something could be wrong with her thyroid. A dysfunction can lead to rapid weight gain.
The good news is, it can be easily tested and treated.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by ifyalways(f): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Your wife gains weight and the first thing he thinks is "divorce "

End time husband

2 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by TV01(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
nikky5:
Femi lost his amiable wife four years ago.He has two kids aged 6 and 8years respectively. Two years he found another lady who loves his kids dearly and promised to take good care of them.The challenge Femi is facing now is that the lady is bloating or rather growing too big for his liking.Initially she weighed 45kg and slim but now she weighs 97kg with very big tummy.He never liked fat ladies. They have a baby now but he is contemplating a divorce cos she sometimes snore heavily at night which is very embarrassing to Femi. He confided in me that when he saw stretch marks underneath her armpit and questioned her about the likelihood of becoming fat she denied that her mother was never a fat woman.The baby also took after her in size as she weighed 5.00kg after birth.Though the woman has embarked on dieting but it seems not to make any difference.Please advice my friend because they are Christians and his wife loves him dearly.
As a Christian, he can as readily divorce his wife as he can dis-father the child they have together. No, capital N.

What was he looking as she ballooned? He should have intervened way earlier - even, and especially if the condition is medical.

Nothing to do here except to support his wife. She also should be willing to work at it. You can lead a horse to water...

TV

**thank God got foresight & discernment - I checked out my wife' mum and made sure WTB was a little below the ideal size when I married her. Everyone shine eye wella before marrige. Shut am tight after grin!**

2 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by spyg1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
freecocoa:
Mschew.
boosted! You are fat
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by coogar: 5:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
TV01:

**thank God got foresight & discernment - I checked out my wife' mum and made sure WTB was a little below the ideal size when I married her. Everyone shine eye wella before marrige. Shut am tight after grin!**

but is it ethical & moral to check the size of one's potential mother-in-law before proposing? was it really foresight for you or you got lucky?

i used to know a chic that was size 8 way back in naija in her early 20s.....then her family moved to the US via visa lottery. 3 months after arriving in america, she became size 18. grin

i am 100% certain she would have maintained her size 8 if she never traveled out of her comfort zone in lagos. what i am trying to say is - "other factors" get in the way of these things sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
spyg1:
boosted! You are fat
I'm fat, oya do your worst.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
nikky5:

Emaciated because somebody added weight? Is he normal at all? Is he a baby or what?

3 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by spyg1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
freecocoa:
I'm fat, oya do your worst.
Give me the opportunity nahn, make i show you my worst grin grin grin grin
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by TV01(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

but is it ethical & moral to check the size of one's potential mother-in-law before proposing? was it really foresight for you or you got lucky?

i used to know a chic that was size 8 way back in naija in her early 20s.....then her family moved to the US via visa lottery. 3 months after arriving in america, she became size 18. grin

i am 100% certain she would have maintained her size 8 if she never traveled out of her comfort zone in lagos. what i am trying to say is - "other factors" get in the way of these things sometimes.
It falls under "due dilligence" - and plain ole' common sense grin

There's a old Ukrainian saying "before you marry a woman check out her mother" - paraphrased somewhat.

You are spot on about environment change - and that must be factored in grin! I once met a girl fresh from Naija. Fabulous figure, but within 3 months she had rolling flesh everywhere - even at the knees shocked shocked shocked

My wife was born and bread in the UK, not up to 3 years in Nigeria in total. Exposure to KFC won't make a difference grin! Diligence must be manifold cheesy cheesy.

TV
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by coogar: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
TV01:

It falls under "due dilligence" - and plain ole' common sense grin

There's a old Ukrainian saying "before you marry a woman check out her mother" - paraphrased somewhat.

You are spot on about environment change - and that must be factored in grin! I once met a girl fresh from Naija. Fabulous figure, but within 3 months she had rolling flesh everywhere - even at the knees shocked shocked shocked

My wife was born and bread in the UK, not up to 3 years in Nigeria in total. Exposure to KFC won't make a difference grin! Diligence must be manifold cheesy cheesy.

TV

this is a brilliant point!
in a nutshell, you have to "western-test" a woman before marrying her.....especially if there's a future plan to settle in the west.

some environments are fatty-friendly. grin
a woman who has eaten all the eateries western societies have to offer and she still manages to be very fit are the jewels. grin

4 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by TV01(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

in a nutshell, you have to "western-test" a woman before marrying her.....especially if there's a future plan to settle in the west.

a woman who has eaten all the eateries western societies have to offer and she still manages to be very fit are the jewels. grin

Exactimondo! The West is deadly - weight wise - to any Naija fresher who is not disciplined. Especially those that are at that point were the metabolism slows down or likely to give birth in the near future.

I went to a birthday party recently - if you see the parade of gbo gbo big girls - and they are hungry. Wifey said she couldn't tell if they were eyeing me or my plate of rice, moin-moin and pepper stew

Avoid like the plague.

TV

1 Like

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by coogar: 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
TV01:

Exactimondo! The West is deadly - weight wise - to any Naija fresher who is not disciplined. Especially those that are at that point were the metabolism slows down or likely to give birth in the near future.

wicked!!!!!!

I went to a birthday party recently - if you see the parade of gbo gbo big girls - and they are hungry. Wifey said she couldn't tell if they were eyeing me or my plate of rice, moin-moin and pepper stew

Avoid like the plague.

TV

most london parties are trash these days. it's like showcasing obesity of the naija chics here. the ratio of fat chics to the fit ones is about 40:1. they all wear black to hide the weight & the ever-present protruding bellies.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
coogar:

i love my sexy slim self even after a kid u wunt blive i av any.
i eat healthy and nature has its effect.
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by coogar: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
ephee:

i love my sexy slim self even after a kid u wunt blive i av any.
i eat healthy and nature has its effect.

ephee, provide a pictorial evidence grin
after all, pictures say a million words.

1 Like

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
If he is really thinking about divorcing her, he is an idi0t and you are equally an idi0t for asking this question on his behalf. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Godmystrength: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Yields:
If he is really thinking about divorcing her, he is an idi0t and you are equally an idi0t for asking this question on his behalf. cheesy
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2014
Yields:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2014
Something tells me that Op wants the man.
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Godmystrength: 11:31am On Oct 15, 2014
Odilafta:
Something tells me that Op wants the man.
Is the OP not a man?
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by AdimGreat(f): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Orisirisi!

Divorce his wife cos she got some extra fat

Again I say ORISIRISI
Re: Should He Divorce Her? by Godmystrength: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
@nikky5- please tell your friend to be quick with his divorce proceedings and stop wasting the ''fat'' woman's time.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED. / Help! My Pastor's Wife Seems To Have More Influence On My Wife Than I / God Has Done It Again. Another Nairalander Has Round It Up For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.