Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? (841 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? / Do Pastors Fall Sick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
The Blessings and Miracles of God is free...Why must Pastors Collect Salaries.. Jesus never Collected a dime from anyone.. Can't Pastors Be Employed with a Job and Still be Ministering
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Full time pastors get paid....
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
Luke 10:7King James Version (KJV)

7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by edogho(m): 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
ACTS 20:33,34 -
33- I have coveted no man's silver or gold or apparel.
34- You yourselves know that these hands have attended to the needs of me and of those with me.

Ok, where mi oga them? i think this rules out any leeching of any acclaimed minister, since d Apostle Paul who's known as a travelling evangelist can say this.. a pastor friend once told me his calling does not involve him working since he's a levite. i showed him this verse and he wasn't happy with mi showing it to him buh he still turned a blind eye. ok. i don give way
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
:s
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by asalimpo(m): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
edogho:
ACTS 20:33,34 -
33- I have coveted no man's silver or gold or apparel.
34- You yourselves know that these hands have attended to the needs of me and of those with me.

Ok, where mi oga them? i think this rules out any leeching of any acclaimed minister, since d Apostle Paul who's known as a travelling evangelist can say this.. a pastor friend once told me his calling does not involve him working since he's a levite. i showed him this verse and he wasn't happy with mi showing it to him buh he still turned a blind eye. ok. i don give way

he was angry with you or the scriptures? Besides Levites were not preachers neither ar they mentioned as offces in the new testament.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by asalimpo(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Iamsynord:
The Blessings and Miracles of God is free...Why must Pastors Collect Salaries.. Jesus never Collected a dime from anyone.. Can't Pastors Be Employed with a Job and Still be Ministering

how will they survive and pay bills?
Pastors can b employed else where and pastorg but the strain for juggling to jobs can b much.

A pastors remuneration isnt a bill for a miracle or blessing. You cant buy anythng from God.

A pastor doesnt need to collect a salary,but they shud b catered for.
But many church members ar all about gimme gimme.
They wudnt giv a hoot about their pastor. Hence, to keep d man from strvg,stealg, a structure has to introduced.
Som pastors cud b wearing tattered cloths and shoes. Members will see this but do nothing.
They just wanna get their sermon and run out!
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by edogho(m): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

he was angry with you or the scriptures? Besides Levites were not preachers neither ar they mentioned as offces in the new testament.
i only questioned his claim of being a levite (a yoruba man from kwara state for that matter grin)and i just pointed it out o and that was y he began seeing me as an enemy of his progress. seriously, if u too see what his members dey do for him(not like he owns his own church o), u go rush go open church.. grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by edogho(m): 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

Pastors can b employed else where and pastorg but the strain for juggling to jobs can b much.

A pastors remuneration isnt a bill for a miracle or blessing. You cant buy anythng from God.

They wudnt giv a hoot about their pastor. Hence, to keep d man from strvg,stealg, a structure has to introduced.
Som pastors cud b wearing tattered cloths and shoes. Members will see this but do nothing.
what u just pointed out is somewhat understandable sha..buh i wouldn't be heartless to have something and withhold it from anyone. come to think of it, a pastor wearing tattered clothes and shoes be like garri for uk o. i'm not sure thats what @op is after. oya op, come out clear quick...
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Salary ?? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

What of Situation where the pastor is damn rich, and majority of The Church Members Too..Most Pastors just got lazy,most of them are educated and Skilled but seeing hw juicy church is ,day have turned it to a profit yielding feature..

(1) (Reply)

Is Masturbation Really A Bad Act? / Christmas And Easter Celebration Which Should Be Celebrated More? / Who Changed? The Nigerian Pastor Or His Followers (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.