Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Your Heart Is Your Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Heart Is Your Religion (1322 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Heart Is Your Religion by ademi87(m): 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
When it comes to religon we tend to be very careful with the way we talk, but am tempted to ask this question. If truely the christians blivs u can't make heaven unless u are a christian or bliv in christ and the muslims blivs u can only make heaven if u are a muslim and blivs in his holy prophet mohammed SAW......what abt our fore fathers that died before these 2 religions was brought to Nigeria...I mean no disrespect to any religion pls.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Idrismusty97(m): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
They are roasting in hell now cool. god is using them for suya.

1 Like

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by davien(m): 10:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Religion is emotional dribble......

1 Like

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by asalimpo(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2014
Their conscience is used to judge them. See the book of Romans.

1 Like

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:
That source of information is reliable because?
There is no need to fear hell. You will be in good company.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2014
I believe that it is more important what we think and do than what religion we have.

Studies have shown that American prisons are full of Christians and Muslims.

"The Federal Bureau of Prisons does have statistics on religious
affiliations of inmates. The following are total number of
inmates per religion category:

Response Number %
---------------------------- --------
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
Total Known Responses 74731 100.001% (rounding to 3 digits does this)"

http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

Just because you are a Christian or Muslim doesn't mean you are a good human being.
I don't think a person's denomination will be crucial on the judgement day if there will be a judgement day.

And I have seen people without any preference for religion who have more values than "religious" people.

2 Likes

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I believe that it is more important what we think and do than what religion we have.

Response Number %
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%

Just because you are a Christian or Muslim doesn't mean you are a good human being.
I don't think a person's denomination will be crucial on the judgement day if there will be a judgement day.

And I have seen people without any preference for religion who have more values than "religious" people.

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by asalimpo(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Response Number %
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%

you cud win a peace medal for espousg this view but heaven/hell isnt about human goodness alone.
Else Jesus wouldnt hav needed to die.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Idrismusty97(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

you cud win a peace medal for espousg this view but heaven/hell isnt about human goodness alone.
Yea..You must accept Jesus. So if you know you are not going to accept Jesus then don't waste your time being good and generous. As long as you didn't accept him you are no different from Hitler, criminals, murderers etc You will still roast along with them.

The ticket to heaven is simple. god doesn't care what you do in earth, he doesn't care if you are good or bad, He doesn't care if you save millions or kill millions. Just accept him and you will go to heaven! Shikena! smiley

Maybe Hitler even prayed a silent prayer of repentance just before he died and zoom! His soul flew up to heaven. A lot of murderers and criminals have done same just before they are executed. I hope we are learning from them cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

What is heaven / hell about?
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by benodic: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
as the consciousness of people continues expanding in this present era, these questioning of the myopic theological views expounded by the orthodox religions will be on the increase. these views present God as a bigoted, wicked, merciless being who is also confused leading to the escalation of the different points of views in matter concerning it.

but when you take a closer look, you will find out that it is not God who is confused, bigoted, wicked or merciless but rather it is man trapped in a lower state of consciousness.

man in trying to understand God starts out by ascribing the negative qualities found in himself unto God.
God has only one quality, which is Love and only love and all the things that go along with love.

God does not give a damn about an individual's religion or tribe, all that It is interested in, is that soul will mature and start expressing the Godlike qualities that is potentially within it, which is nothing but divine love.
until man comes to this realization, the confusion will continue and of course the questioning that follows it.

1 Like

Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by asalimpo(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Yea..You must accept Jesus. So if you know you are not going to accept Jesus then don't waste your time being good and generous. As long as you didn't accept him you are no different from Hitler, criminals, murderers etc You will still roast along with them.

The ticket to heaven is simple. god doesn't care what you do in earth, he doesn't care if you are good or bad, He doesn't care if you save millions or kill millions. Just accept him and you will go to heaven! Shikena! smiley

Maybe Hitler even prayed a silent prayer of repentance just before he died and zoom! His soul flew up to heaven. A lot of murderers and criminals have done same just before they are executed. I hope we are learning from them cheesy.

sure. Without the cynicism. First,is the power of the blood of Jesus to cleanse from sin. Even som1 as guilty as hitler,his sin is no match for the blood of Jesus.
Mind boggling-to the natural mind but tru.
2. Is the worthlessness of man's goodness to save him.
The bible says man's own good deeds are like filthy rags before God. Man on his own can't please God.

3. The wages of sin is death.
Hell /lake of fire being the ultimate end but other kinds of death occur bf then.

Man needs a saviour. So being good for goodness sake doesnt solve d problem - at the root.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
I was born into a christian family. I was raised that way. But I'm NOT a very religious person.
I'm not a saint (and I don't crave the burden of being one) but I think being overly religious makes one a hypocrite and , in some cases, a fanatic.
I just try to be Godly and Christlike, as much as I can (even though it's difficult in today's world).
Religion is just a compilation of rituals, Godliness is the main ish.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
[email][/email]
asalimpo:

That retard died for his sins. His death was well deserved. One with interest in trivial matters could argue that his death only madd the world worse.
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

I agree!
Re: Your Heart Is Your Religion by asalimpo(m): 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
I was born into a christian family. I was raised that way. But I'm NOT a very religious person.
I'm not a saint (and I don't crave the burden of being one) but I think being overly religious makes one a hypocrite and , in some cases, a fanatic.
I just try to be Godly and Christlike, as much as I can (even though it's difficult in today's world).
Religion is just a compilation of rituals, Godliness is the main ish.

religion without knowledge is the bane of the christian world.
The bible really demands intellectual rigour - it's not for the intellectually lazy as some think.
That's y, the christians who contributed more to God's work were equally well educated / sound thinkers else how would they "rightly divide the word of God"?

You say,you try to be good, thts ok. But while u hav to live right , ur goodness doesnt contribute credits to your becomg a christian.
After you become a christian, your goodness doesnt keep u going.
Many christians mis understamd this, they say things like "if you are born again, y are u wearing trouser/smoking/womanising/using weave on etc".
Those who dont do these ar now "born again"? Not true.

Many people who've been going to church for years will die and find out too late they werent saved! Cuz theyve been ticking som list tht approves them as born-again.
Your being born into a christian family can make u learn moral behaviours but u cud still b unsaved.
Get these things right and know where u stand.

(1) (Reply)

Please Christians Explain This For Me / What's Adam And Eve's Fate, Heaven Or Hell?? / Heart-breaking Pictures Show Man Happy To Die For His Faith-"i'm Proud To Be A C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.