Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,781 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. (889 Views)

My Brother Goshen, Please Explain Your Stand On Fornication Here / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2014
There are scores of Bible Verses that minister strongly to my spirit. But my most profound and favourite is 2 Cor 5:21....
'' For He had made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God'"......

Below is my understanding of this verse:

As Christ, Who knew no sin of His own, was made a sin offering for us all, so we, who have no righteousness of our own, are made the righteousness of God in Him.

Our reconciliation to God is only through Jesus Christ, and for the sake of His merit: on Him therefore we must rely, and make mention of His righteousness and His only.

Please, drop yours and run a little commentary on it.

Thanks.
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Emyemyberry(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2014
Hosea chaper 4:7-9
this one is my dedication to all nigerian pastors

another of my favourite is
psalm 109:1-31
this one is what i call war enchantment,read and believe

proverbs 5:15-19
this one is to all the men cheating on their wives

1 Like

Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2014
Emyemyberry:
Hosea chaper 4:7-9
this one is my dedication to all nigerian pastors

another of my favourite is
psalm 109:1-31
this one is what i call war enchantment,read and believe

proverbs 5:15-19
this one is to all the men cheating on their wives

Will you do us a favour by running a little commentary on the your last Bible passage? Proverbs 5:15-19....
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Emyemyberry(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2014
Mathew chapter 5-7 to me is enough to lead one to heaven,if only u will obey and live the kind of life jesus stated,and apply them to all our 21st century chalenges through the guidance of the holyghost.

Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Emyemyberry:
Mathew chapter 5-7 to me is enough to lead one to heaven,if only u will obey and live the kind of life jesus stated,and apply them to all our 21st century chalenges through the guidance of the holyghost.

I'm indeed glad you know your Bible.
However, I still want you to explain the passages you have dropped.

BTW, the Holy Ghost is a Person. You should spell His name with capital letters where appropriate.

Shalom!
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Emyemyberry(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2014
dein77:

I'm indeed glad you know your Bible.
However, I still want you to explain the passages you have dropped.

BTW, the Holy Ghost is a Person. You should spell His name with capital letters where appropriate.

Shalom!
noted,Which of them do u want me explain,
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Emyemyberry:
noted,Which of them do u want me explain,

The Proverbs passage you dropped.
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by Emyemyberry(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2014
dein77:

The Proverbs passage you dropped.
talks about men who neglect their wives to look for satisfaction outside,it admonishes men to love and appreciate their wives,that they will be appealing by taking Good care of them,same can also be applied to the women who abandone their husbands,the fountains there means children,while if you read verse 20,it was asking that while should a man who is probably married be ravished in the bossoms of a stranger.the summary is faithfulness and fidelity with care for your spouse
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2014
Emyemyberry:
talks about men who neglect their wives to look for satisfaction outside,it admonishes men to love and appreciate their wives,that they will be appealing by taking Good care of them,same can also be applied to the women who abandone their husbands,the fountains there means children,while if you read verse 20,it was asking that while should a man who is probably married be ravished in the bossoms of a stranger.the summary is faithfulness and fidelity with care for your spouse

Thank you! Sin is deceptive, and should be avoided. That passage is so clear on the lures of the strange woman, and the awful consequences of the unfaithful spouse. I will have to look at it again.
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kiss me,with the Kiss of thy mouth.
Hope I A̶̲̥̅♏ right?
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Kiss me,with the Kiss of thy mouth.
Hope I A̶̲̥̅♏ right?

Where that one dey na?
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
dein77:

Where that one dey na?
Songs of Solomon(wooing things).
Re: Pls Quote And Explain Your Favourite Bible Verse. by dein77(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Songs of Solomon(wooing things).

Una go kill person with laff one day!

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Clean2 / How Much Did You Sell Your Soul For? / Chie....could This Be Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.