Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 (7535 Views)

Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Hyundai Recalls Some Sante Fe And Sonata Cars Because Of Possible Air Bag Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
[quote author=sooperrescue post=27225529]
The Santa Fe is brand New. Just 7000 kms as at the time of the foto. But the issue is owning a 2007 BMW X6 that will drill holes in your account and owning a 2014 Hyundai that is just the latest wakapass.

If u want 2 use a luxury car u should be ready to pay for its maintenance
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 5:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
That is true. The ignition coils for a range rover is not the same price with a Rav 4. But the coils in a Range Rover can last up to 70000 miles while a Rav 4 coil must have been changed more than 5 times before it gets to 70000 miles. Based on this comparison, are the coils not the same price?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by abatically(m): 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
sooperrescue:
That is true. The ignition coils for a range rover is not the same price with a Rav 4. But the coils in a Range Rover can last up to 70000 miles while a Rav 4 coil must have been changed more than 5 times before it gets to 70000 miles. Based on this comparison, are the coils not the same price?

That is not true bro. As a matter of fact the parts of luxury cars tend to fail when unexpected, and fixing them costs a whole lot. And who told u the ignition coil of a rav 4 will not last 70,000 miles? This is why people only enjoy them when bought brand new and covered by warranty. But as soon as the warranty expires they sell them off. Buying a luxury car is one thing, maintaining it is another.

If I earn 150,000 naira monthly, I'd rather buy a brand new hyundai santa fe than a used bmw x6. I'm not comparing both cars, we all know the bmw is the far better car. But for the following reasons

1. Brand new car, under warranty which means for the next 2 years I don't have to visit the garage.

2. A powerful 290HP v6 , AWD, reverse camera, 3rd row seat , Bluetooth, usb/iPod integration, xenon headlights, etc. I know the bmw has more options but the santa fe is not a slouch either and its enough for a medium income earner.

I know maintenance is the key, but u can't take the bmw x6 to a local mechanic, they will mess with it. Take it to a reputable garage and they will cut ur neck. I know a lot of friends that have abandoned their range rover sports because of high maintenance and cost of parts.

My point is, unless I am well loaded, I see no reason buying a used luxury car when there are otber capable options that will be pocket friendly.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by ivoryhouse(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
sooperrescue:
Good inputs. Why then must the repairs of a BMW be prohibitive if it is that good? Does the idea of being a big boy mean that you should make your BMW mechanic a joint signatory to your account like Lejuen 3 once suggested to me concerning his Range Rover Sport?

Give me a landrover any day.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yes o. Land Rover is my passion too. It is easy to maintain unlike the BMW that listens and act like a robot.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Homguy(m): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2014
sooperrescue:
Yes o. Land Rover is my passion too. It is easy to maintain unlike the BMW that listens and act like a robot.
. If I may ask, what do you mean? Do you mean its finickier than thee Range??
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yes o, the easiest car to fix. No headaches and nightmares, just follow the rules. Range Rover has an online resource center where you pay as little as 5 pounds to access the technical support. You can join even as an independent garage and from there, Range Rover repairs is made easy. Those spending tons of Naira to fix their Range Rovers must have allowed the Ride to wander off the rules and the owners have to pay a lot to put it in order. A poorly maintained range rover will cost a lot before it is restored but once the rules are engaged, bye bye to stress, financial and emotional.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by bimbor(m): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
abatically:

That is not true bro. As a matter of fact the parts of luxury cars tend to fail when unexpected, and fixing them costs a whole lot. And who told u the ignition coil of a rav 4 will not last 70,000 miles? This is why people only enjoy them when bought brand new and covered by warranty. But as soon as the warranty expires they sell them off. Buying a luxury car is one thing, maintaining it is another.

If I earn 150,000 naira monthly, I'd rather buy a brand new hyundai santa fe than a used bmw x6. I'm not comparing both cars, we all know the bmw is the far better car. But for the following reasons

1. Brand new car, under warranty which means for the next 2 years I don't have to visit the garage.

2. A powerful 290HP v6 , AWD, reverse camera, 3rd row seat , Bluetooth, usb/iPod integration, xenon headlights, etc. I know the bmw has more options but the santa fe is not a slouch either and its enough for a medium income earner.

I know maintenance is the key, but u can't take the bmw x6 to a local mechanic, they will mess with it. Take it to a reputable garage and they will cut ur neck. I know a lot of friends that have abandoned their range rover sports because of high maintenance and cost of parts.

My point is, unless I am well loaded, I see no reason buying a used luxury car when there are otber capable options that will be pocket friendly.

Every defender of this argument seem to have a point.

But seriously it does not make sense to acquire a Luxury SUV if you don't have the power to maintain it. It's foolishness if u ask me. Instead buy what you csn afford to maintain and stop buying to show off.

A 2007 Rav4 is a good enough SUV for a middle class income earner.

The BMW X6 is a top notch SUV, It's not for the middle class.

The Hyundai Santa is a great SUV is a good SUV too especially for those that really crave for brand new products, and beleive me nothing is comparable to buying a brand new vehicle. You have at least 3 years to stay off the Auto repairs garage.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
Flyboyzee has said it all, in fact, any sentence that contains Hyundai and BMW is grammatically incorrect grin

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by maximilano: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
comparing a Hyundai with a BMW is like comparing crayfish with Shark....they are not in the same league now
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Comparing BMW X6 2007 model with Hyundai Santa fe 2014 is like Shark vs crayfish. That is true. To process a crayfish is very easy compared to processing a shark to be able to cook and eat it. Same goes for the BMW and the Santa Fe. Why should I spend a fortune to maintain a BMW when I can get less for more? Even the tyres at the rear is big money. No spare, runflat tyres dey fear our roads well well. Those potholes that have sharp edges will disgrace run flat technology. I tend to believe that we take ownership of such marques to an extreme. I rather own a car that does not give me sleepless nights like my Range Rover Sport and my friend's Santa Fe than owning a BMW or other brands which gives their owners stress.

++
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by billy187(m): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
On reading this thread, the only conclusion I can reach is that most people associate hyundai with the craapy econobox of the 90s and '2000s; with a hideously scratchy and plasticky interior, the one which might blow over a guardrail anytime a Honda Odyssey bypasses it; the one which will be totalled if you fart in it with the windows up. Unfortunately, it's these very prejudical people that will probably skip the '15 corvette stingray for an '09 porsche during their midlife crisis car shopping.

Long story short, Hyundai has come a really long way.

I must admit:i've never driven and may never drive an x6. I've however driven an x5. I can say the Sante Fe may not be as entertaining to fling into a corner as the beamer but it's pretty darn close. It admittedely looks very sharp too. The interior is however the biggest improvement- Hyundai did a really good job there, bringing it to german-like levels of sophistication. To top it all, the Sante fe is way more practical to use on NIGERIAN roads than the beamer , especially when the beamer is 6 years old.

The gaps in the automotive industry are closing up- so allow your friend to glower a bit, at least until the next gen x6 shows up.

3 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Beautiful response. From my friend's viewpoint, he might be right. Nothing compared to a new car. But it is not true that new cars dont visit the garages. Take a walk to Vw, Bmw and Benz dealerships and you will find a lot of these new cars gathering dust in their garages. Their owners are regreting their choice of cars. There was a guy who bought a brand nee passat years ago and one year later, the auto gear packed up and vw center gave a bill of N1m to change it. It was a long story. In the end, the car was sold for 150k after 4yrs. There are many Nigerians with such experience and they are hurting
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by billy187(m): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2014
sooperrescue:
Beautiful response. From my friend's viewpoint, he might be right. Nothing compared to a new car. But it is not true that new cars dont visit the garages. Take a walk to Vw, Bmw and Benz dealerships and you will find a lot of these new cars gathering dust in their garages. Their owners are regreting their choice of cars. There was a guy who bought a brand nee passat years ago and one year later, the auto gear packed up and vw center gave a bill of N1m to change it. It was a long story. In the end, the car was sold for 150k after 4yrs. There are many Nigerians with such experience and they are hurting

Of course, not every brand new car is perfect.....if that were the case, I bet some chinese car would be adorning my garage now.

I used to service my Ford at mechanical lloyd: they are the main distributer of fords and bmws here in Ghana. There's this huge yard of grounded cars out back....probably due to ridulously expensive fixes. If the situation in Ghana is anything to go by, brand new car dealers give ridiculously expensive quotes.........imagine:a position light that goes for roughly 25 naira in town costs like 300 over there!!

For your friend's passat; It's rather the exeption.... not usually the case for a new car. What is more unusual is the fact that his warranty did not cover repairs. It should have, considering he had the car for only one year. Buying a new car without a warranty is just not worth it.

Anyways , hyundai I hear, has a pretty good warranty package- probably the best in the business.So your friend is rest assured for the meanwhile.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
My friend's Passat had warranty or so we thought. He bought the car from Lanre Shittu Motors in Surulere. They always come to pick up the car when it is due for maintenance. When the gear packed up, they took the car to VW Center who invoiced them for N1m to change the gear box. The car was left fallow for 6 months while the owner was contemplating the next action. The bottom line was that VW center refused responsibility claiming they did not import that car. Lanre Shittu claimed to have bought the car from Car link and Car link is a sub dealer with VW Center. It was a roadside rewire that eventually detected that it was the gear control unit and not the gear that had issues. Then it was too late. VW Germany had to intervene by compelling VW center to go and pick up the car and work on it. All they did was to sell us the gear control unit at a discounted price but then the car's connecting rods was also bent and they overhauled an engine of less than 20000 kms with 2 connecting rods already gone bad just a year after purchase. Passat has been at the receiving end of our fuel hence they are few on the road today. Ghana has Premium fuel, so I believe you guys will have limited issues concerning these cars. Hyundai has 3 yrs warranty but we dont know what the owners are going through with the reliability issues of the cars.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Reliability issues with the Hyundais are extremely few and far in between and as long as the maintenance schedule is followed, the warranty works.

Also, you cannot buy a VW from Lanre shittu and expect VW centre to honor a warranty for a vehicle not sold nor maintained by them
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
That is true. If you are the sole importer and you have distributors and the distributors also have sub dealers, who is responsible for the car? That was why VW Germany had to call VW Center to order.Although it took some subtle threat to the Germans before they caved in, VW center had no response to that gear issue. When I told them that I was coming with an electrician to come and see the car, they were happy and when the guy detected the fault, wao, they quickly emailed the Germans that every thing is under control. The issue of grey export came to light. Where was CAR LINK getting their VWs from? They could not answer that question till we sold off the car. We did not even sell the car, a mechanic kept the car for 6 months and when we traced him, he told us that we are owing him N150k for the repairs he carried out on the car and the car was still in worse condition. So my friend told him to keep the car and go with his trouble. Four years for a beautiful Passat 2.0 with 17 inch alloy wheels. Four years of Misery and stress for a brand new car. I have seen an invoice of 900k for a 6 months old R class with fuel related issues from a MB dealer. Is there no warranty on fuel related issues?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
For where?
Damage arising from say, bad fuel is just as bad as putting the wrong ATF in a transmission. Both cases voids the warranty.
It will only be in force where the damage arises from a vehicle malfunction not attributable to an external factor.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
But what if the damage is caused by the importation of a car that does not match the fuel specification in the country? If Nigeria is using Euro 4 spec of fuel, what is the ideal car Mercedes, BMW, VW are supposed to import into Nigeria? Is it Euro 2, 3 or 5?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2014
sooperrescue:
But what if the damage is caused by the importation of a car that does not match the fuel specification in the country? If Nigeria is using Euro 4 spec of fuel, what is the ideal car Mercedes, BMW, VW are supposed to import into Nigeria? Is it Euro 2, 3 or 5?

To my knowledge, Euro 2,3,4,5 refer to the engine's emission level. Not the grade of the fuel itself...
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by thelegend1(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2014
FlyboyZee:
Tell your friend that there is absolutely no basis for comparism, both in price and quality/performance between the Beamer and The 'I wan Die'.

Advice him to compare his 'machine' (sic) lol to Toyota RAV 4 or Honda's CRV which is about the same price as his gongoni, but playing in a lower league.

Teach him never to mention BMW and Hyundai in the same sentence, even if he is just listing car manufacturers.

Let him understand that Banana Island and Ajegunle are both in Lagos State, but they are at the 2 ends of pole separated by the pole itself.

Tell your friend that we Nairalanders understand the euphoria he is basking in, as in buying a brand new car for the first time, but that is not enough reason to insult a BMW.

Explain to him that we apprecaiate the Koreans, they are trying, but BMW is way out of their league. Tell your friend to go and ask for the price of a used 2010 BMW X6 before he opens his mouth to talk in public next.

Thank you for understanding with me and advising your friend.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Siena:

To my knowledge, Euro 2,3,4,5 refer to the engine's emission level. Not the grade of the fuel itself...

That is true. In the UK, vehicles using the Euro 2 emission level has been banned. This was confirmed by the Deputy MD of Porsche Nigeria, a Briton. He also claimed that Porsche vehicles in Nigeria are on the euro 4 emission level which is the same fuel characteristics as the regular unleaded fuel in Nigeria. US spec cars run on Euro 5 hence the check engine issue whenever you buy fuel in Nigeria for the first time. Siena, can someone import cars into Nigeria with Euro 2 and Euro 5 emission level when we have the fuel that can accommodate Euro 4 emission level?. I have met with the importers of Mitsubishi Pajero, Dodge Jeeps and they all claimed that their cars has been configured to run on Euro 4 emission level. The Euro emission levels is tailored to the fuel being used.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
FlyboyZee, Ajegunle and Banana Island are both in Lagos but the Ajegunle people nor get CCTV, Dogs and Alarm Center for them to fit sleep well for night. Na door bolt them take they lock their door for night. Comparing a BMW 2007 X6 with a 2014 Santa Fe is not good but in a true sense it is like comparing the tortoise and the dog to a race. Who will win knowing that the tortoise had arranged bones at strategic corners to distract the dog. BMW owners can attest to the fact that out of 365 days in a year, their cars were probably out of circulation for 60 days while the Santa Fe might just be out for 7 days in a year. In 1990, Sony and Samsung were not in the same category. Sony VHS was sold four times higher than Samsung. Samsung in Europe was for poor people who were not mindful about name. Today, Samsung is almost a par with Sony in all their products. That is the same comparison with the BMW X6 and Santa Fe

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FlyboyZee: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
sooperrescue:
FlyboyZee, Ajegunle and Banana Island are both in Lagos but the Ajegunle people nor get CCTV, Dogs and Alarm Center for them to fit sleep well for night. Na door bolt them take they lock their door for night. Comparing a BMW 2007 X6 with a 2014 Santa Fe is not good but in a true sense it is like comparing the tortoise and the dog to a race. Who will win knowing that the tortoise had arranged bones at strategic corners to distract the dog. BMW owners can attest to the fact that out of 365 days in a year, their cars were probably out of circulation for 60 days while the Santa Fe might just be out for 7 days in a year. In 1990, Sony and Samsung were not in the same category. Sony VHS was sold four times higher than Samsung. Samsung in Europe was for poor people who were not mindful about name. Today, Samsung is almost a par with Sony in all their products. That is the same comparison with the BMW X6 and Santa Fe
With your analysis on the Sony & Samsung thingy, I don't think the Hyundai has gotten to that level yet.

In Nigeria, any mobile object with an engine and powered by petrol with a sleek body or frame is a 'machine', but the real jiggers, the petrolheads (Apologies to Ikenna) know otherwise. Even the Americans and the Brits with all their sophistications still give it to the Germans when it comes to engineering, even in the Auto World.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2014
Hyundais are winning car awards in the countries you mentioned, even over German cars in some categories if I might add.

The Santa Fe has received several awards in several countries including the list below

Winter Vehicle Award for Best Affordable Crossover, New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA), U.S.

Best Car for the Money, U.S. News and World Report (U.S. News Best Cars), U.S.

Motor week Drivers' Choice Award 2014, Motor week, U.S.

Good Design Awards, The Chicago Athenaeum, U.S.

Family Car of the Year, CARS.COM, U.S.

The Australia’s Best Cars national awards for 2013, Australia’s Best Cars, Australia

2014 Residual Value Award, Automotive Lease Guide, U.S.

2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's, U.S.

2013 Motoring.com.au Recommends Awards, CarSales.com, Australia

Automan Best SUV of the year 2012, Automan, Oman

Best Large SUV of 2013 award, Auto Express, U.K.

So, Hyundais are not only respected in Nigeria my good man. In the aspect of regular day to day driving, convenience, and reliability, Hyundais are a strong force to reckon with.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FlyboyZee: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
nissparts:
Hyundais are winning car awards in the countries you mentioned, even over German cars in some categories if I might add.

The Santa Fe has received several awards in several countries including the list below

Winter Vehicle Award for Best Affordable Crossover, New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA), U.S.

Best Car for the Money, U.S. News and World Report (U.S. News Best Cars), U.S.

Motor week Drivers' Choice Award 2014, Motor week, U.S.

Good Design Awards, The Chicago Athenaeum, U.S.

Family Car of the Year, CARS.COM, U.S.

The Australia’s Best Cars national awards for 2013, Australia’s Best Cars, Australia

2014 Residual Value Award, Automotive Lease Guide, U.S.

2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's, U.S.

2013 Motoring.com.au Recommends Awards, CarSales.com, Australia

Automan Best SUV of the year 2012, Automan, Oman

Best Large SUV of 2013 award, Auto Express, U.K.

So, Hyundais are not only respected in Nigeria my good man. In the aspect of regular day to day driving, convenience, and reliability, Hyundais are a strong force to reckon with.
Nobody respects an Hyundai over a Beamer. Not even the kolo mental guys on the streets. Not even our police who hails guys with brand new cars. Not even you who posted this ish. Not even me typing this. You see, my friend, an Hyundai is an Hyundai and a BMW is a BMW anyday anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
My comments were not directed at which of the vehicles is superior to the other as it should clearly show.
It was directed at your comments about foreign views of the Hyundai in comparison to Nigerians.

Please stay on topic.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FlyboyZee: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2014
nissparts:
My comments were not directed at which of the vehicles is superior to the other as it should clearly show.
It was directed at your comments about foreign views of the Hyundai in comparison to Nigerians.

Please stay on topic.
Topic reads: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014. How did I veer off course? I only stated the obvious when the poster I quoted in the build up to that post was talking of how Sony was the ish in the days of yore and how Samsung and Co. had been able to improve their brands and products to bridge the gap between the elitist Sony and the hoi poloi Samsung. I only said Hyundai had not gotten to that level yet where they can rub shoulders with BMW.

Dear Nairalanders, have I said anything outta context?

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FlyboyZee: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Nissparts, I hope you also understand that Europeans are very traditional and as such prefer things they can trace down through history to traditions and customs unlike the Americans who are free-spirited and are always looking forward to innovations to change things from the status quo ante without recourse to whether there is an existing tradition or custom.

This alone affects a lot of choices Europeans make and they also try to persuade the rest of the World to attach the same or even more value than they themselves to such. In essence, the Hyundai might have improved so much that it would stand on the same pedestal with the BMW, but the European tradition and the fact that the BMW has been around much longer and proven itself over time. Consumers, especially high end (luxury car buyers) would invariably prefer the BMW to the Hyundai which would definately be preferred by the low end purchasers (hustlers and mid class peeps) who would be looking forward to be able to own a BMW one day.

These are just my thoughts anyway. What do you think Nissparts?

2 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
FlyboyZee:
@Nissparts, I hope you also understand that Europeans are very traditional and as such prefer things they can trace down through history to traditions and customs unlike the Americans who are free-spirited and are always looking forward to innovations to change things from the status quo ante without recourse to whether there is an existing tradition or custom.

This alone affects a lot of choices Europeans make and they also try to persuade the rest of the World to attach the same or even more value than they themselves to such. In essence, the Hyundai might have improved so much that it would stand on the same pedestal with the BMW, but the European tradition and the fact that the BMW has been around much longer and proven itself over time. Consumers, especially high end (luxury car buyers) would invariably prefer the BMW to the Hyundai which would definately be preferred by the low end purchasers (hustlers and mid class peeps) who would be looking forward to be able to own a BMW one day.

These are just my thoughts anyway. What do you think Nissparts?

What I think is that how Europeans feel about this should not concern you.
Have original thoughts based on actual experiences and not hearsay or other people's opinions.
This is why I attempted to correct the assumptions you made about American and British views about the Hyundai.
My personal experiences with the Hyundai brand of cars have been very positive. I have nothing in particular against BMWs but would not buy one. So, the expected response to the topic should be limited to one's personal experiences and not what others think. Most of the respondents have had no experience with the Santa Fe in question nor the X6 for that matter(apart from drooling after it of course)
This is the same reason Nigerians are Honda/Toyota followers in the first place.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 5:39am On Oct 23, 2014
So my friend is right then. In terms of maintenance cost, less stress on the road,getting satisfaction from his choice of cars. A client of mine was telling me that his kind of work will not permit a tokunbo car of whatever make. That the next car he is buying is an hyundai. He has an advert agency and that his clients will look down on him driving a used bmw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? / Guys Check This Out!!! Thank me leter !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.