Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 (6614 Views)

Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai / Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 / Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by SHABZ: 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
There's this common belief in nigeria that both the kia cerato and hyundai elantra cars are not strong brands and aren't reliable either. When these cars are purchased brand new, what's the performance like, compared to other cars in the same section? Please your honest opinions and experiences will be highly appreciated.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
i ve worked in both companies..go for cerato..but dont buy d keyless cerato..buy the 2.0L Autotatic
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by bissalla: 2:33am On Sep 09, 2013
I currently drive a 2011 Kia cerato for about two years now and have found the car to be very reliable. Forget what Nigerians would tell you Kia and Hyundai cars, they are very good.

Both cars belong to the same group. Actually the Hyundai group owns Kia. Both the Kia cerato and the Elantra share the same engine and platform, the only difference is the body design and the external finishing.

I actually wanted to buy a Hyundai elantra becuase of the beautiful looks, but settled for the Cerato, when I discovred it was same with the elantra. I will advise you go for the cerato, becuase it the same as the elantra, but comes at a lower cost. The cars drive well and perform very excellently on long journeys. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by SHABZ: 7:52am On Sep 09, 2013
@Chifreke, thanks for your opinion. Can you also tell me the reason behind your suggestion with respect to the keyless cerato? Because that's the one i'm considering right now. @Bissalla, thanks so much, I appreciate your comment and will certainly consider it.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by roosebolton: 5:00am On Sep 11, 2013
Kia and Hyundai are very strong brands and make very reliable cars which are now on similar footing with their Japanese counterparts. It just so happened that they started by making cheap unreliable cars and because the auto industry has a long memory.. It's has been hard to shake out that past perception. Japanese cars also had Similar problems in the 60s and 70s. I wouldn't worry about their performance. What I would worry about is their second hand value which (thanks to general perception about the car) is not good. The car loses close 60% of its value within 6 of months of use. Also the after warranty maintenance can be expensive compared to Japanese cars. But if u intend on keeping the car for long. U don't have to worry about the second hand value. And might be good to get an extended warranty after the expiration of the initial 3 years warranty.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by nissparts(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Auto Warranty in the Nigerian sense would be a dubious term.
Has anyone here actually enjoyed warranty on an issue with a vehicle purchased?
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by roosebolton: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2013
nissparts: Auto Warranty in the Nigerian sense would be a dubious term.
Its not just a Nigerian problem. Automakers and dealership around the world always look for one way to screw car owners out of warranty using clever legalese usually tucked away in the fine print.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by nissparts(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2013
I imagine it to be worse x1000 in Nigeria.
I have seen a nissan dealership in the US replace a 7 year old transmission on warranty at no cost to the user.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by SHABZ: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2013
roosebolton: Kia and Hyundai are very strong brands and make very reliable cars which are now on similar footing with their Japanese counterparts. It just so happened that they started by making cheap unreliable cars and because the auto industry has a long memory.. It's has been hard to shake out that past perception. Japanese cars also had Similar problems in the 60s and 70s. I wouldn't worry about their performance. What I would worry about is their second hand value which (thanks to general perception about the car) is not good. The car loses close 60% of its value within 6 of months of use. Also the after warranty maintenance can be expensive compared to Japanese cars. But if u intend on keeping the car for long. U don't have to worry about the second hand value. And might be good to get an extended warranty after the expiration of the initial 3 years warranty.

@roosebolton, Thanks for your reassuring response. I'm actually targetting a long term usage for whichever car I decide on, which is why I'm considering a brand new purchase. Thanks again.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by nissparts(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
My wife has used 2 brand new elantras 08 and 2013.
They are both very reliable but the newer model has a few negative kinks
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
SHABZ: @Chifreke, thanks for your opinion. Can you also tell me the reason behind your suggestion with respect to the keyless cerato? Because that's the one i'm considering right now. @Bissalla, thanks so much, I appreciate your comment and will certainly consider it.
Base on the experience our numerous custmers had while using MOHAVE. any second the battery is faulty the car can lock u inside, d car can be parked anywhere, u are as good as no car.keyless is luxurious we know that, to replace the key will cost u a fortune to the tune of 120k and above..if the start botton compartment is faulty, at a short summary...it is costly to main and easy to brakedown in case of keys.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
nissparts: Auto Warranty in the Nigerian sense would be a dubious term.
i work d a KIA company...they give warranty..i have once helped a customer obtain on that was almost to the tune of 1.2m..dats was 2009 sportage...there was a factory defects on the 4WD mechanism..the COUPLING ASSY' DIFFERENTIAL ASSY AND POWER WINDOW WHERE factory defective.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
nissparts: I imagine it to be worse x1000 in Nigeria.
I have seen a nissan dealership in the US replace a 7 year old transmission on warranty at no cost to the user.
the lastest optima has a tramission problem.....the AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ASSY...HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR alots of 2012 OPTIMA it cost alot..1.5m....dis warranty issues with KIA is dat u most service ur car 3months or 5000km..whichever comes first. if u fail d conditions and ur vehicl becomes fault forget abt d warrant...KIA have replaced cars dat are defective for customers...if u are trustworthy with ur aftersales services.
REMAIN BLESSED
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by nissparts(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
That's good to hear
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by KA24DETT(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
niceee

1 Like

Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by datola: 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Is there any 2.0 Cerato that's not keyless?

Please is there any other known issues with the latest Cerato. That car is beautiful with a whole lots of great features. Best U.S Autoranking in Affordable Small Cars and Affordable Compact Cars after Mazda3, beating the likes of Civic, Corolla, Elantra, etc.

Thanks.

chifreke:
Base on the experience our numerous custmers had while using MOHAVE. any second the battery is faulty the car can lock u inside, d car can be parked anywhere, u are as good as no car.keyless is luxurious we know that, to replace the key will cost u a fortune to the tune of 120k and above..if the start botton compartment is faulty, at a short summary...it is costly to main and easy to brakedown in case of keys.
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
nissparts: That's good to hear
tanks...Korean cars are affordable!
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
datola: Is there any 2.0 Cerato that's not keyless?

Please is there any other known issues with the latest Cerato. That car is beautiful with a whole lots of great features. Best U.S Autoranking in Affordable Small Cars and Affordable Compact Cars after Mazda3, beating the likes of Civic, Corolla, Elantra, etc.

Thanks.

there is...we are yet to detect any faulty component in d vehicle...but have it in mind that there must be...y? these are not properly studied before sending to d market..i ve worked with the company for 4yrs...d only car...dats is still super is Carens but peoples seems not to like...it hardly have fatory error.y? cos it always take dem like 4years to release d models..but others it is every 2 yrs
Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by chifreke(f): 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
if u buy KIA and u want to enjoy do ur services judiciously...if the problem is serious they can change ur car complete...d problem we Nigerians have is we cant confront the white skinned man..these koreans are cunny.. and will always try to hide from warranty loss...if u ever have warranty problem confide in a nigeria staff for advice..
Remain Blessed

1 Like

Re: Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 by datola: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
You meant the Indians? What's special about the white skinned people that Nigerians would not be able to confront them for warranty. I think the issue is most people do not know their rights.

chifreke: if u buy KIA and u want to enjoy do ur services judiciously...if the problem is serious they can change ur car complete...d problem we Nigerians have is we cant confront the white skinned man..these koreans are cunny.. and will always try to hide from warranty loss...if u ever have warranty problem confide in a nigeria staff for advice..
Remain Blessed

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed / Help! Serpentine Belt Issues / I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.