Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents (3948 Views)

8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 / 8 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble [photos] / 8 Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Teen Mothers ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by finessela: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Katherine Adamu is one of the Nigerians that got the member of the Federal Republic (MFR) award recently.

Katherine started out as a Caterer in the Kaduna State Government House and was transferred to the State House in Abuja on Olusegun Obasanjo’s request in 2003. She has been the Chief Catering Officer in the State House in Abuja for 12 years.

In a recent interview with Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye for Sun News, she shares her experience working in the State House.

Here is an excerpt;

On challenge of working for powerful people

These are high calibre individuals and to meet their standards you have to be focused, you have to be confident. The first time you meet your principal you have to study him very well, gradually you will get to know what he likes and what he dislikes. You must make sure that whatever he likes is available whenever he wants to eat. When he sees that it gladdens his heart. Knowing your principal is number one quality any caterer must have, that way you keep your principal at ease and you earn his trust.

On State House budget and criticism

The truth is that many people don’t know what it means to be in the corridor of power. The corridor of power is all about hospitality. If anybody comes to see the president and the person is not given something as common as water will he be happy? He won’t be happy. So anybody that visits the president must be entertained at least with drinks and small chops and in some occasion you give food. There must be something to eat and drink at his meetings, which sometimes hold late at nights or into the wee hours of the morning. So there is nothing wrong in entertaining every of the president’s guest. When people criticise the budget, I really don’t blame them they simply don’t know what it means to be in the corridor of power, if they do they won’t criticise the budget. In fact if you ask me what is budgeted for is not even enough for the president’s guests. Everybody coming here must be fed.

copied from www.femmelounge.ng

-----------------------
--------------------------
------------------------

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by StealthyMe(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
She dey try oo...
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by donigspain(m): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is this an excerpt or a full interview? cry

Anyway, thanks for summarizing it for #TeamSummarize
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by enoqueen: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
no be them them. them fit allow me enter there.

1 Like

Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
E no go bad if she show ma house o, cus i don dey tire 4 d whole cooking ish #HandDeyPainMe
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by Goahead(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
I only want to see her picture....
Finish.
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by boss1310(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
she is the first caterer
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by philantoxx(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
her pinkchure

1 Like

Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by fairheven: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
We are in the veranda not in the corridors of power ,so don't blame us : cool

1 Like

Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Breaking News: Nigeria has not had 8 presidents and since obasanjo Nigeria had only Ya'adua and Goodluck sad
Let her step down she have tay there
When I become presido I will sack her and employ my mum.
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by nefertiitii: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice one...

She should train sum ppl and step down
12years is a really long time naa
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by Aitee1: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Does she cook the following foods??

Affang soup

Edikaikong soup

Ekpang nkukwo

Afia efere

Atama soup

If no then she's still a learner tongue

2 Likes

Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by fr3do(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aitee1:
Does she cook the following foods??

Affang soup

Edikaikong soup

Ekpang nkukwo

Afia efere

Atama soup

If no then she's still a learner tongue

Its obvious you are Ibibio.
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by Monzuur(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Caterer Of Life! This Woman Has Cooked For 8 Nigerian Presidents by AndyBlazeYansh(f): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
They must have trusted her a lot. Person no fit brainwash her to mess with their meals!angry angry

#BITG

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And Jonathan: Meet Their Adorable Families / Throwback Picture Of Nollywood Yoruba Actor Mr Latin / 5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Bad And Weird Style Of Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.