Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims (2038 Views)

Rev Adeyinka Adebiyi For Ondo Governor: What Is Wrong With This Photo? / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / Adeyinka Grandson Blasts Osinbajo For "Pathetic" Campaign Photo (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by nku5: 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Saw this on Facebook:

I write this post to the Yoruba-Muslims Youth, guided by the fact that the material circumstance of an individual determines his views on contemporary issues.

Most Yoruba-Muslims Youth are supporting Hausa/Fulani for President of Nigeria in 2015 essentially on the faith of Islam.

I have here three fundamental lessons of how the Hausa/Fulani Muslims have denied the Yoruba Muslims the Premiership of the Yoruba Western Region and the Presidency of Nigeria.

On August 20, 1964, Alhaji D.S. Adegbenro, a Yoruba-Muslim, and the Party Leader of the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), a political party formed by the coalition of the Yoruba, Ibo and Middle-Belt people, won the majority of the Western Region House of Assembly election by 68 out of the 98 seats. He was thus the elected Premier of the Region.

However, Tafawa Balewa, a Gambari, and the then Prime Minister of Nigeria, sworn in Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, a Yoruba-Christian as the Premier of the Western Region and arrested Alhaji D.S. Adegbenro. As a consequence of this, the Yoruba people, led by mostly Yoruba-Christians started the famous "operation wet e" and chased out Akintola from Yorubaland.

On June 12, 1993, following the long stay of the military in Nigerian politics, Alhaji M.K.O. Abiola, a Yoruba-Muslim, won the presidential election. Gambari Babangida annulled the election and imposed Ernest Shonekan, a Yoruba-Christian as President of Nigeria. Violent demonstration and unrest ensued and led by Yoruba-Christians. The nation was in a dilemma.

Shonekan administration only lives for two months as it was swept out of office by Gambari General Sani Abacha. Abacha incarcerated Alhaji M.K.O. Abiola indefinitely.

After the death of Abacha, Gambari Abdusalam Abubakar was selected as Head of State. Abdulsalam met with Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba-Christian. After the meeting, Gambari Abdulsalam Abubakar murdered Alhaji M.K.O. Abiola. Mr Obasanjo, a Yoruba-Christian was thereafter rigged as President of Nigeria.

Three times, the Gambari Muslims denied the Yoruba-Muslims the leadership of the Yoruba Western Region Premiership and the Presidency of Nigeria. If the Yoruba-Muslims Youth have any sense of history, they will not be supporting any Gambari for President in 2015.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152299070641249&id=668706248&p=10&refid=52
Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by nwafuluozoh: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
No Gambari endorsement is needed this time around.
GEJ till 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by Happywoman(f): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
For how long will u continue to whip up dis religious sh*t! Pls as it is right now I don't even care if the president is an atheist or even deist. I want a capable person.
Naija needs a capable president.

7 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by superstar1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Who cares whether the president is a Buddhist or monk?

Just deliver and show leadership. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by johnmartus(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
no no no this is not hand written of yoruba sane I trust yoruba can never compromising like this I suspect yiboo. ok now if you wrote this such letter to yoruba Muslim what will you write to we that is yoruba Christian ? because only death can restrain me from vote buhari which believed I will see beyond 2015 yes Jonathan is a Christian am never benefited from his government either he has done a tangible project in yorubaland actually am not expect him to give money but as a president he can do a lot of things for mass that can make him earn my praise if am not vote mallam who else I will vote Jonathan? Jonathan 4years do not have any impact in the life of Nigeria he just enrich himsef

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by BlackTechnology: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
Op

Unfortunately most Yorubas are historically illiterates which is why they remain slaves to the Gambaris

3 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
IS THIS NOT THE SAME GUY THAT WANTS TO STORM ASO ROCK WITH IS WARRIORS
Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by BlackTechnology: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Omololu007:
see dis fool!sh slave feelin funky,hav u forgotten ao ur igbo brodas vote a hausa man tofa in d 1993 presidential election.tofa won 3 state out of d 4 eastern state..aboki slave

Abiola said he can do without the Igbos that's why we sided with Tofa

So who's fault.? MKO

2 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=28pt]What about Awolowo and his demise[/size]

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by BlackTechnology: 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
Omololu007:
GEj also said igbos are d pillar of his govt,so dat means he doesnt need d yorubas,so i will vote buhari instead of gej

He is better than MKO who spoke negatively she he said he can do without Igbos

Besides how many votes did Yorubas gave GEJ in 2011
Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by fagbalex(m): 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
gej team are desperately using every mean to win the heart of the yorubas when they failed to divide us by religion.
Re: Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims by 9jii(m): 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Why can't Nyamuri talk without tribal and religious bigotry? Was never organized and still are

(1) (Reply)

Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria / Sudden Improved Power Supply: APC Must Be Scared Now. / Picture That Answer The Question Of Who Is Jonathan And Who Is Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.