Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? (942 Views)

Pizza Website Project / A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. / How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by pie1ect(m): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2008
Hey there NlL developers, designers and graphics and web content experts

I am Looking for talented individuals to collaborate with me on a major project. It's a unique project and it's been in the works for just under a year now.

Ok, I know - I'm not giving much away but there's a very good reason for that, but I'll just say this is a fork between TripAdvisor and 43Places, but only for African destinations and hotels.

Essentially, a social network for African tourism enthusiasts and everyday travellers. I am happy to share more details with any serious peron who gets in touch.
The website is built using open source technologies including Joomla!, PHP, Apache, etc

Simply send an email to pie1ect@gmail.com and I'll get back to you with details.

Knowledge of the following technologies are especially needed.

Content Management System
Joomla!
PHP, CSS and Javascript
Web marketing
Web content development
Even if you don't have these skills, but you feel you will be able to contribute then drop me a message.

If you are interested, just give me a shout either via this forum or via email. This is a unique opportunity for web professionals to enhance their CVs and marketability. Let's bring Web 2.0 to Nigeria and Africa at large.
Re: Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by yawatide(f): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2008
Ok, I know - I'm not giving much away but there's a very good reason for that, but I'll just say this is a fork between TripAdvisor and 43Places, but only for African destinations and hotels.

Essentially, a social network for African tourism enthusiasts and everyday travellers.

I think you pretty much gave a bulk of it away right there tongue

Anyways, I am a bit busy I must confess but when the final product is out, I don't mind reviewing and offering recommendations, not that, based on what you last posted here, you will need any wink
Re: Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by pie1ect(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2008
@Yawa

You flatter me. I really do need all the help I can on this one.

I had to give away a little bit more than I would normally do as I didn't want to pre-empT unhelpful responses.

I'll let you know when the BETA version is launched.
Re: Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by OmniPotens(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hey pie, I got over 5 pending jobs, but once I get done with at least three, I'll join on from where you are. I hope you'll understand.
Re: Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by pie1ect(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2008
No worries mate. When you are ready, give me a shout and I'll send the link to the project page. Not that it'll be "invitation only" for much longer - the BETA version should be launched by the year's end.
Re: Major Website Project Needs Collaboration - Interested? by OmniPotens(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2008
Keep it up pie. Just don't feel left alone. We are at your back. Keep the flag flying. wink

(1) (Reply)

Any Availaible Info On This Web Host? / Website Design / I Want To Register A Domain Name With A Foreign Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.