Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan (1614 Views)

Every Family Needs This Waste Bins For A Healthy Hygiene / Every Family Should Read This / Must There Be A Black Sheep In Every Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
I will try to make this brief or break it into parts. If you are here, I assumed that you or someone close to you may have been robbed some times in past, may be in the present or funny still in the pipeline. (lol)
From a very tender age, one thing that interests me most is CONTROL or providing answers to every circumstance. Have you heard our leaders sometimes say we are in control, we are on top the situation, even when circumstances shows otherwise? What about you as the Boss or the head of the family. (Hmmm same wahala).
Well let’s rewind a bit; about three and half years ago, I was on a trip out of town and first thing next morning I had a call from a member of my team. Guess what, robbers broke into the office! And made away with lots of the company assets, yes assets (I will get back to asset lather). I suspended all my outstanding engagements hurried back to town, your guess is as good as it turned out. At this point what would you have done? Two things: leave it to God or invite the police. I chose the former but my neighbor chose the later (they broke into his office too). When the Police arrived, they came into my office too for questioning (and may be evidence collection). It went this way:
Police: Are you suspecting any one?
ME: No
Police: Incase you hear anything let us know.
Me: Ok

And they left and that’s the end till today.

Now let’s fast forward; few months later during the Xmas period; my family left town for the season, we embark on a long trip back home after the season and everyone was tired and subsequently, we all went into unguided sleep during the night. At about 1:30Am I had a tap on my shoulder followed by a deep male voice that ask me to wake up and surrender the laptop, phones and money, hey robbers again! And again we lost assets. This time I reported the matter to the police (different police station), the case was assigned to an IPO, and he accompanied me home. Walk to and fro and we entered the same circle:

Police: are you suspecting anyone?
Me: no
Police: incase you hear anything let us know
Me: ok

(I believe someone else has gone through this routine too); Will be back for the concluding part...
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by obyikye(f): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
ok.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
….ok lets try to conclude
Later that night I was wondering why the police was always turning to me for information, it was clear that neither me nor the police was on top the situation. (We all lost CONTROL).
Recently a relation was kidnapped, we all went to sympathize with the family, the police (yet another police station) was invited and surprisingly the same old question popped up, is there any one you are suspecting?
At this point it was apparent to me that we all have a role to play if we must build a secured family/business/neighborhood that we all desired. I realized that most times the lead or answer we are looking for has to come from us; after all we were all actors in the saga. So to keep this answer handy as to provide it when situation demands, we all need a family/business security plan. YES SECURITY PLAN.

Rule # 1 Define your Assets
I promised to get back to assets, you remember? Define what is valuable to you and put a plan to protect it. It could be your child, your wife/husband, your properties, your pets, your document, data, information etc. You never know what they are worth until you loose them. Till this moment I have not been able to recover from a phone I lost in one of the incidence.
Rule # 2 Define the Intruders
This is complex because nowadays everyone is a suspect until proven otherwise; there are reported cases where gateman, visitors, neighbors, friends; molest children even in our homes, the police will subtly advice you to go and settle at home but the TRUTH is ; you don’t have any EVIDENCE to win the case.
Rule # 3 Consider your budget.
You don’t need to break bank to put a workable plan in place. Try and work within a lean budget.
Rule # 4 Deploy Technology
Amazingly these tech gadgets are affordable these days; we just need to break the apathy of adopting and embracing these e-gadgets. We must accept the fact that the colonial method of bars/protector (burglary proof) alone, no longer holds –water in this sophisticated world.
#4b Where to get eSecurity Gadgets.
You can get eSecurity gadgets from online shops; we have listed some here:

http://www.it-arena.net
http://www.alibaba.com
http://www.dhgate.com

Conclusion:
Put a plan in place now else when the question poops up, you may be left with No answer.
In our next post we shall outline the strength and weakness of some the gadgets.

Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2014
Still More here (http://www.it-arena.net)

Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
We connect Technology Makers to Technology Buyers. http://www.it-arena.net

Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by Kanwulia: 1:30am On Nov 12, 2014
Robbers dey cover face for NAIJA? cheesy
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2014
@Kanwulia:
No bi every time ooh. And at least with these technology we have a base to start investigation journey, if we cant match face, we can match sound. Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by Kanwulia: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
ITarena:
@Kanwulia:
No bi every time ooh. And at least with these technology we have a base to start investigation journey, if we cant match face, we can match sound. Thanks for stopping by.

This kind gadget without CONSTANT ELECTRICITY. . . . . ?

Oya. . . .KONTINU! cheesy

You are VERRRRRRRRRRRRY welcome! kiss
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by DivineNature1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Kanwulia:

This kind gadget without CONSTANT ELECTRICITY. . . . . ?

Oya. . . .KONTINU! cheesy

EXULTED EAGLES NIG. LTD.

Contact us now for your solar and inverter installations, maintenance...etc

We distribute the highest grade of solar panels, batteries, inverters, solar water pumps, solar charge controllers etc...

Call: Mr. Ben 08176133439.....whatsapp.
Bbm: 7F3CAC54.

Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
@Kanwulia:
They all have an in-built battery. There are more that don't need battery that am going to unveil as this thread progress.

@DivineNature1:
I appeal you don't derail this thread. Your products are good, I suggest you open a new thread.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by Kanwulia: 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
ITarena:
@Kanwulia:
They all have an in-built battery. There are more that don't need battery that am going to unveil as this thread progress.

@DivineNature1:
I appeal you don't derail this thread. Your products are good, I suggest you open a new thread.

Can they be used in the dark? undecided
Can I monitor "tinz" from my phone remotely? undecided
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
Yes! Some do, some don't; It all depends on the particular gadgets, some takes Pix/Video then intermittently forward to your phone; others with GPS support delivers pix/video directly to your phone (good for Kid monitoring while at school).
Some support Infrared night vision, so works well at night.
We shall one after another review/analyze this gadgets here https://www.it-arena.net/product.aspxwith time.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by Kanwulia: 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Very gooooooood!!!! kiss
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Many thanks.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
Back to Business: I.T Arena's eShop gets optimized for Mobile Display in 2015. Expect a slightly modified interface that is mobile friendly soon.

Happy New Year to all.
Re: Ever Been Robbed? Why Every Family Needs A Security Plan by ITarena: 1:29am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello Nairalanders!!! We are now mobile responsive. https://www.it-arena.net

(1) (Reply)

Teach Your Daughter! / Which Do You Prefer From This Categories Of Ladies? / Mother Who Was Pregnant After Being Raped Aged 15 Is Reunited With The Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.