Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Deceitful Couple - Literature (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deceitful Couple (638100 Views)

Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Couple by oghenekome51(f): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
A big weldone to u tiffany! Dis couples are something else, i can also see a huge spark of friendship btwn jordan and joel! But y is jordan shaking visbly? Is his past dat bad?
Pls tiff, keep em coming!
Re: Deceitful Couple by vickchi94(f): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hmmm lovely update. Tnx tiff
Re: Deceitful Couple by tsodjete: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Well done TiffanyJ.
Re: Deceitful Couple by loveyP(f): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanx 4 d update
Re: Deceitful Couple by juliejames: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thumbs up you @ mama T nice works you have more grace
Re: Deceitful Couple by seunviju(f): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
I wan try guess wetin happen btw Joel and Paula but I no sabi jare,welldone Tiffany,keep up with the good work
Re: Deceitful Couple by Adegokedamisky(f): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nyc 1 tiff
Re: Deceitful Couple by Mansura219: 6:07am On Jun 08, 2015
9ice 1
Re: Deceitful Couple by Tholuwani(f): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2015
one thing i know is dat paula is a prostitute
Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2015
Mmmmmn....I'm relieved..... Tara and Mich, both of them made me proud cheesy
Joel... You better stop shaking and do the right thing undecided

Tiff... Thanks so much for the updates..... More grease to your elbow wink

#TEAM SCENT

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2015
Mmmmmn....I'm relieved..... Tara and Mich, both of them made me proud cheesy
Joel... You better stop shaking and do the right thing undecided

Tiff... Thanks so much for the updates..... More grease to your elbow wink

#TEAM SCENT
Re: Deceitful Couple by princesssusan(f): 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
At long last!
Tiff weldone n tnx.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Jeanfortune(f): 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
Hmmm, Joel, this one u dey shake, better say d whole truth, dont leave anything out, TiffanyJ, Girlie, u know u are too much right
Re: Deceitful Couple by halimat80(f): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2015
im enjoying the story...tiffany ur d best
Re: Deceitful Couple by onosj(f): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tiffanyj u're d best?
Re: Deceitful Couple by Omololamide(f): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
So much secrets, hmmmmmmm. Finally, like i say truth pays always............ Weldone tiff. Keep up the good work. Almost ending......
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Andrew114:
Wao 9ice update aunty Tiff,i knw u are struggling to keep us updated and i personally appreciate it.thanks
Yes dear, I am really struggling to make these updatesm going through some personal stuff. Thank you all for bearing with me. The story is finally coming to an end. Kingphilip, how is camp treating you?
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mich moved closer to him and held his palms. She didn't know why he was suddenly trembling.
'Come on Joel, your secrets can be as bad as mine'
'It is. You will laugh at me when I tell you'
'I won't. Why should I? When you are trembling like a leaf'
'Okay, Mich, must you know?'
'Yes'
'Why?'
'Cause I am your wife and I want no more deceit between us'
'we've really been deceitful, haven't we?'
'Yes we have but it is time we become honest with ourselves'
'Okay. Mich, what I am about to tell you might be a surprise to you but no, I want you to listen'
'I am listening already'
'Leila isn't mine'
'What are you saying?'
'I am not her father'
'Who is?'
'Paula doesn't know'
'Seriously Joel, I am confuse'
'You see Mich, I met Paula while I was in school. She was doing her Diploma program in business admin. We became friends and at that time, I was still going through the pain of losing my parents. Soon I found myself drawn to her beauty and laughter. It didn't come as a surprise when I realized I was in love. I told Maureen about her. Maureen told me she dislike her. It didn't matter. After graduation, I used up my entire savings to get her an engagement ring. I wanted it to be perfect. I proposed to her in a french restaurant. I went on my knees like the western world do and you can't believe she turned me down. She said that I still have a long way to go.
'Look at you Joel, you are almost as poor as a church mouse and oh, this ring is too cheap for Paula Anderson' was what she had said.
I was hurt and embarrassed. I stood up and held her hands.
'Sweetheart we are friends, you've confessed several time that you like me' I said.
'Yes I love you Joel, but I can't marry a poor man. Look at you, goodness you disgust me'
'Oh no Paula, after all these years? Then what I'm I to you?'
'A friend'
'A friend? We've been having sex for like to years and you said you love me'
'I love you Joel, but money I love most. Can you buy me dresses without even raising a finger? Can you take me on a tour around the world? Can you become as rich as the Nicholas?'
'I just graduated from medical school. Soon I will get a job and I promise to treat you well. I won't remain like this forever. Look at me, I am a medical doctor'
'Nonsense. Come back for me when you make it rich like Dangote or the Nicholas. I don't want your salary, it won't even take care of my wardrobe'
That was it Mich, she left and never for once turned back. I was heartbroken. I threw the ring away in a river. I went about my business. Four weeks later, I got a job at Maitama hospital. I was glad. All those times, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. Paula words kept hunting me. It wasn't until I nearly lost my job that I realized its time to move on. I started healing when I finally accepted the fact that Paula doesn't love me.
Three months after she left, she came to visit me. Being an OB, I saw it immediately that she was pregnant.
'Joel, I am four months gone and the little brat making me fat is yours'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes, you are a doctor, you were the only man I slept with at that time'
'Okay, I will pay the bills and then when you have the baby, I will take him or her as soon as you wean'
'Are you kidding me Joel? You want me to bosom fed this thing?'
'You don't want to bosom fed your baby?'
'No, I don't, my beautiful bosom will become a rolling stone'
'So?'
'Hey, if you think for a second I will breath a thing out of me you are wrong. You are a loser and so your child will be one. Therefore, I demand you hook me up with one of your experience friend to terminate it'
'You are evil Paula. So you've been pretending all these years?. What you are carrying is not a it, it is a baby'
'I thought your parents left you something, since they didn't, you are just a failure'
'I won't have you kill my baby'
So I reported her to her father. He forbid her from doing it and even placed a curse on her. He said she will die in the process. That scared her off. I paid for the bills and everything. True to her words, she didn't bosom feed Leila. I fell in love with Leila the day she arrived this world. A patient in the hospital who lost her baby was happy to do it. I lost track of Paula. When Leila was two, she fell ill and I took her to the hospital. She needed blood and I offered to donate. It didn't match. That was when a DNA test was carried out. She isn't mine.
I went in search of Paula. With the help of her father, she came back to Abuja. She confessed that she doesn't know who the father of Leila was and I was the only one she could saddle the child with.
'You were cheating on me?'
'Sure'
I was in love with Leila already. I told her to either take back her child or give her up. Using the legal way, I adopted Leila. Paula signed the papers and promised to stay clear of the child. She disappeared for another two years and came back with tears in her eyes. She wanna see her daughter grow. I agreed, after all, she is her mother. I have the right to stop her from seeing Leila but I don't want the poor girl to suffer'
Mich listened in shock. How can Paula dare call herself a mother.
'Mich, you are the only one that knows this. I want no one to know. Not even Tara or Jordan. Leila may not be my biological daughter, she is my daughter. She has always been my daughter the day I held her in my arms'
'Paula doesn't her or you. Do you still love her?'
'No, time healed the wound. Its you I love Mich. You and no other'
'Thank you for loving me. I never thought I will end up with a great man like you. I would have married you even if I were not a Nicholas and you a poor doctor. Do you know why?'
'Why?'
'I can't imagine falling in love with another man. We are meant to be together Joel. We married for the wrong reasons but it is the best thing that has ever happened to us. As for Leila, she is my daughter the day I married you. I promise to bring her up like my own, show her love, care, and even discipline her if need be'
Joel's eye lit. He never thought Mich will be so generous.
'Mich, thank you very much. You just made me a happy man'
'You too make me a happy woman. Let's forget the pasts and face the glorious future that awaits us'
She laid in his arms and the two began chatting. Joel telling her about his parents and what growing up was like. Mich laughed and kissed his brow.
'You know what Joel, I think your father was amazing. Look, teaching you swimming, football, and helping out with your assignment. Mine was hardly at home'
'Sure, but he was making money for you and your brothers. Oh yes and Jordan was always available'
'You are right. I shouldn't be ungrateful', she said sleepily.
Her mum came in an hour later and found both husband and wife sleeping. She smiled. Now all is working as plan. Her children seem to be solving their marital problem well.
The next morning, both women came down to meet their husbands. Tara in a loose black sleeveless dress while Mich in a red gown. Sighting Tara, Jordan red her mind. She looked scared. Whatever the result of the test, they will handle it together.
'Tara, Mich it will be alright', Alice reassure them.
They boarded Joel's car and he drove them to the hospital. He had called and made arrangement with the lab technicians. Their test results will be out by evening. Joel parked his car at the lot and helped Mich out of it, then from no where, they were surrounded with journalists. Joel had never experience such an attack.
'Mrs Jason, Mrs Nicholas how did you manage to escape from the kidnappers?', a huge woman asked.
'Why have you been hiding and only just left the comfort of your house?', another asked.
Jordan was calmed, he smiled and spoke into the speakers shoved at their faces
'Well, the most important thing is that they escape and are doing great. It is true that they've not left the house. As you can see, they are pregnant. The doctors said they need rest'
'What doctors? We never saw them come to the hospital'
'Oh, guess you don't know that Joel here has been Tara's OB for almost five years?'
'Are you saying your saying that your brother-in-law is your wife's doctor?' They were surprised.
'Yes'
'Mr Joel, since you are a doctor, is it true that Mrs Nicholas can't have kids anymore?'
'Who said so? She has a healthy kid at home and is carrying another. I tell you, she can have a dozen children if she so wish' Joel said with a laugh
'One final thing, have they been abused? I mean two weeks with some men that are not their husbands'
'Jordan, Joel please make them go', Tara said quietly.
'Mrs Nicholas, no wait please. We need to know'
'The answer is no', Mich said with no emotions whatsoever in her face.
Jordan drew Tara to him and Joel held Mich arms. They walked into the hospital. Each of them wandering the 'if' either Tara or Mich contacted any disease.
'Don't worry sweet, it shall be alright', Jordan whispered into his wife's ear.

11 Likes

Re: Deceitful Couple by Chubbiehills(f): 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
I am sure all is well. .journalists sef na gbeborun. .Thank u tiff..d name arderson sounds familiar in d story.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Chubbiehills:
I am sure all is well. .journalists sef na gbeborun. .Thank u tiff..d name arderson sounds familiar in d story.
Thanks for reading. How have you been?
Re: Deceitful Couple by princessadeola(f): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
thank God d past is gone

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Orlolahdey(f): 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
tanx for d update ma

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
princessadeola:
thank God d past is gone
Yea, is gone.
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Orlolahdey:
tanx for d update ma
You're welcome
Re: Deceitful Couple by Chimdim: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wow, Tiffy tanx
Re: Deceitful Couple by oghenekome51(f): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
That was a wow! Am speechless, infact breathtaking! Tiffany, jah bless u!
Re: Deceitful Couple by Enasco1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tiffany d great writer, u always amaze me wt ur update. More strength 2 u n more ba3 2 ur fone or laptop. Pls ensure u proof read b4 updating. Tnz once again.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by pretydiva(f): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Fnks tiff..buh m stil wondering wen mich wil regain back her memory
Re: Deceitful Couple by eniolar0(f): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
all dis public amebo, der case no b here. i hope all is well wit d jas nd nic's
Re: Deceitful Couple by unlimitedbosco: 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
great work tiff. Joel nice character who would have thought that someone who could invent a fake marriage could be so humane?
Re: Deceitful Couple by unlimitedbosco: 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
great work tiff. Joel is a nice character who would have thought that someone who could invent a fake marriage could be so humane?
Re: Deceitful Couple by Chubbiehills(f): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
TiffanyJ:

Thanks for reading. How have you been?
doing good especially wit ur story. .lot of luv ma'am

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (124) (Reply)

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.