Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Deceitful Couple - Literature (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deceitful Couple (637856 Views)

Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Couple by Jenchi(f): 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
Joel and mich problem are getin to much are dey d frist person be in love.
Re: Deceitful Couple by missuniverse(f): 10:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
Jenchi:
Joel and mich problem are getin to much are dey d frist person be in love.
i wonder
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 1:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Jordan paid Joel a visit the following week. He had to, things were getting out of hand and the wedding was just two weeks away.
'Sorry Jordan, I have no food to offer you. Maureen is in school, and my wife had gone back to being a spinster', Joel said jokingly. 'You know, I am now a bachelor'
'Says who?'
'I'
'Joel, the whole family isn't happy with you'
'What did I do again? That I don't want your father to sponsor my wedding?'
'That's not all'
'What?'
'You encourage Mich into coming here every day for sex, we all know that'
'She is my wife Jordan, and beside, to be candid to you, not every day she comes here we make love. I am a busy man, and I am always tired after work'
'Can't you two stay away from each other until the marriage?'
'No we can't'
'Father is very sad. He had planned Mich's wedding for years. You know, she is his favourite being the only daughter and his last child'
'She is your favourite too, even Justin and your mother. Let's just say she is your princess. Its quiet unfortunate, you can't marry her. That's why your father is making it difficult for me, but I am thick, I will survive'
'Do you know that Mich told mother that she can't spend a night without your touch? That's why she kept coming here. When father asked her, she said the same thing. Without shame'
Joel immediately sat upright. He was confused.
'What did you just say?'
'You heard me right'
'Mich wouldn't do that'
'She did and father believes you are the one telling her what to do'
'Me? I don't even know what you are saying'
'Call her and talk to her, she is going too far. How can she be in the house and keep malice with all of us?'
'Keep malice? How?'
'She isn't talking to us. Eugene, Shan and Tara are the only people she communicates with. As for our mother? Mich made it clear she wanted nothing to do with her'
'Stop it Jordan, I'm confuse'
'Talk to her Joel. She has gone crazy'
'And no one is there to discipline her?'
'Who would? When her every day national anthem was that she would leave and never return?'
'I kept saying it Jordan, Mich is spoilt'
'She loves you. No one dares say any negative thing about you. She turned the whole family her enemy because of you'
'Thanks for telling me'
'How do you intend dealing with her?'
'She is my wife. That doesn't concern you'
'Can I ask you a favour?'
'Okay'
'Since you and Mich insisted on a small wedding, I will talk to father. He would allow you two plan it. But please whatever gift the family gives to you, take it'
'Okay. It depends on the gift though'
Jordan left, his parents would be surprise that Joel was innocent of the crime charge against him.

Joel went over to the Nicholas house and picked his wife. She was all smiles but he knew better. When they got home, he locked the door and made love to her.
'Joel, I can't wait to be back'
'I too can't wait to have you back. Can you help me tell your mum that I want her to take care of the cake?'
'What cake?'
'The wedding cake of course'
'Why not Tara?'
'Your mum is an excellent caterer. I want her to bake our wedding cake'
'I can't'
'Why?'
'I...I...'
'You what? Oh I see, you are not in spoken terms with her'
'Who told you that?'
'Does it matter? I know everything now Mich'
'Who is the snitch?'
'Mich I love you. I love you so much but I am not happy that you disrespect your parents. We will soon be parents. How old you feel if Leila or the twins disrespect you?'
'Joel, my mum slapped me twice. I can't forgive her'
'Love, can you tell me why she slapped you?'
'I told her I love you and can't do without you'
'I know that Mich, I too can't do without you but you must not tell her that. I am your husband, you can tell me anything. Even rubbish, I will listen. Do you know why?'
'Why?'
'Because we are friends. Sex isn't what is holding this marriage, our friendship is'
'But Joel...'
'Sometimes, our parents are wrong, and we are right but we allow them to win just to make them feel in charge and satisfied. You shouldn't have told your mum that. She is your mum, not your friend'
'Okay'
'Mich look at me. it wasn't until I lost my parents that I realized just how lucky I was to have them. Please show yours love and respect, you never know tomorrow'
'But Joel, they want to control us. They want to plan our wedding and they want us to stay in their house whenever we travelled'
'Your parents can't control us Mich. I have saved enough wedding for my wedding. I have been saving for months. It will be enough to give your parents sixty percent of th kind of wedding they want for you'
'No Joel, I don't want that. Seriously no'
'Okay, a small wedding it will be. Your parents love you Mich, I can wager my right arms that none of them would ever hurt you. Not even your brothers'
'Okay'
'You will always be mine Mich, and I will love you until I die or get old that's why, we will not be seeing much of each other until after the wedding'
'No'
'Yes. We can meet once or twice in a week and make love. Its just two weeks Mich'
'Why are you doing this?'
'I want peace. If this is what we would do for peace sake let's do it. Your parents planned your wedding but we ruined it by going to court. Please let's make it up to them'
'Okay Joel'
'Let's start by apologizing to them'
'No'
'Yes, you will apologize to your parents and two brothers. Saying 'I am sorry' won't kill you. Before you know it, we will be married and won't even have your parents time'
She began weeping. He kissed away her tears and told her that he didn't ever pray for anything to happen to him but if such happens her family is where she will run to for help. She is a Nicholas and blood is thicker than water.
Mich went back home, she knocked on her mum's door and knocked.
'Come in'
She entered and found her mum lying down. Mich went on her knees and began crying.
'What is it mich?'
'I'm sorry mother for my behaviour these past days'
Just then, the door to the bathroom opened and her father emerged from the bathroom. He was surprised to see her.
'Father please forgive me'
Her father held out his arms and she went into it. He kissed away her tears and pat her as she cried.
'Mich, we love you but you are hurting us'
'I'm sorry dad. I was just stupid'
'We are sorry too Mich for pop nosing into your marital life. I won't ever force you and Joel to stay in our house and you can have that simple wedding you want. The most important thing is for you to be happy'
Thank you dad'
Her mum held out her hands and Mich went into them.
'I'm so sorry baby I slapped you please forgive me'
'I'm not angry anymore'
She left them and went to Jordan. After him, she called Justin. They were all ready to forgive her.
'What do you want for a wedding present?', Justin asked.
'Just don't miss my wedding'
Joel called her that evening and told her how proud he was of her. He didn't tell her that he intended going to apologize to her father again on her behave. He loves her just too much. Jordan was amazed he wondered how joel handled her for her to bend so easily. A week to the wedding, everything was set. Only fourty people were to witness the wedding. Throughout that week, her parents observed that Mich didn't visit Joel and when he comes, he stayed downstairs in the living room and talk with her before going away.
'darling, my last have finally found love', Alice told her husband.
'Yes, mich had and Joel had passed our test. He didn't marry her for her money. He had proved himself you know'
' I was afraid he would want us to sponsor the wedding'
'He proved us wrong. Its time Mich get her inheritance'
'They sure would need it. Joel thank you for changing our little girl'

You can get the complete copy of this work at okadabooks. Thanks for reading

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by toykathy(f): 2:36am On Jul 11, 2015
fTC after update, dancin shakiti bobo..... Thz for d update Tiffanyj. Its bn a while sweet. Hw re u faring?

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by chii8(f): 3:43am On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmm...na waoo ooo,which kin test b ds one?weldon op
Re: Deceitful Couple by hadease(m): 4:39am On Jul 11, 2015
chii8:
Hmmm...na waoo ooo,which kin test b ds one?weldon op
na d test to knw whether he's afta her money or her love...

buh wait oo y are all dis ladies[tara first nw mich didnt knw abt linda oo] avin inheritance given to dem by dere grandparent @dat..jxt observin..tanks 4 d update tiffanyj
Re: Deceitful Couple by aprilwise(m): 5:04am On Jul 11, 2015
Wonderful wonderful wonderful masterpiece.
Re: Deceitful Couple by heemah(f): 5:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Which kain test be this ooo? I'm glad Joel proved himself worthy..How's life after Nysc madam Tiffy?
Re: Deceitful Couple by dammyluv911(f): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2015
wow so swt n romantic. Tiffany ur d BEST
Re: Deceitful Couple by Niwdog(m): 7:38am On Jul 11, 2015
This kind of text is really tempting. Thanx tiff for the update
Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 11, 2015
Wow thanx madam tiffanyj. U are doing a wonderful job.
Re: Deceitful Couple by philmama(f): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2015
Wow!!! Am short of words here,dis story Is getin 2 an end nd sweeter #sobs# tiff tnx a million,am rily hapy joel passd d test bt den I thot he was just being proud nd stubborn
Re: Deceitful Couple by Shebarh(f): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2015
tiff God bless u for dis update
Re: Deceitful Couple by codedbaby(f): 9:17am On Jul 11, 2015
eeeeeeee. Wow. Joel is the right man for her.
thanks Tiff. u are blessed
Re: Deceitful Couple by kingphilip(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2015
So great a piece u have here Tiffanyj..

But this their marriage will be that termed made in heaven.. Because I'm sure they'll surely have good marriage since there's understanding and love with them here
Re: Deceitful Couple by Enasco1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmmm x all I hav 2 say!!!! Tnx tiffany
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Beesan , please what part of Nigeria are you?
Re: Deceitful Couple by Just4yhu(f): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmmm......big sis u too much! Thats interesting buh is dah d end?
Re: Deceitful Couple by Sandjane(f): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice story,thanks tiffy,remain blessed,i wish mich and joel a happy blissful marriage.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
oooh!! How i wish this story start all over again,i will miss my favourite character o choi!(joel).thanks Tiff, still flying around this story
Re: Deceitful Couple by Chimdim: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow, tiffy dear tanx
Re: Deceitful Couple by yettielicious(f): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tiffany u are such a great and well talented writer....I really love mich and joel ways of life...I see d sky as ur stepping stone...thumbs up girl....

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by eniade26: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
U ar such a gifted writer. Ur stories make me log unto nairaland. Kudos
Re: Deceitful Couple by oghenekome51(f): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow! So it was a test all along! Tiffany, ure d best! Couples can also learn from dis wonderful story!
Re: Deceitful Couple by Adegokedamisky(f): 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tanks 4d update Tiff, bt pls com nd finish it once nd 4 all cry
Re: Deceitful Couple by derinanne(f): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Tiffany m really wowed by u....u r so talented...pls keep all d good work n pls don't stop writing Kus of some shine stealers dia is wat they call karma n nemesis would surely catch up with them....I enjoyed all Ur stories, I read all in a day..they wia all interesting...but not complete u didn't complete reluctant copy n u erased a man of ha own part of it n also deceitful couples...tiffany pls n pls try 2 upload dem.by writing this stories u make pple happy.pls continue doing so....don't stop wat u r doing..keep up d good work n d Good lord would continue 2 strengthen u n be with u tiffany
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Two days to the wedding, Michelle Nicholas emerged from her room in a blue loose gown. She had no choice, her pregnancy was over six months old and she was getting used to dressing very decently. As she descended the staircase, she thought of her coming wedding and smiled. She couldn't wait to be with her husband again. Its been two weeks they had any intimacy and surprisingly, she wasn't looking forward to her wedding night or the love making, no, Mich was looking forward to being in her hubby's bed. She couldn't wait to perceived his male cologne next to her, she couldn't wait to feel his presence and she couldn't wait to sleep in his arms and have him placed his palms on her unclad tommy to feel the movements of their kids. Sex was the last thing on her mind.
'You are right Joel, it really isn't all about sex', she said to herself.
At the living room, she almost walked passed her parents, but then, she came back to her senses.
'Good afternoon Dad, good afternoon mum'
'Afternoon Mich. How are you feeling today?'
'Very great mum. The babies can't seem to stop kicking. I wonder if they will be footballers'
Her parents laughed.
'Are you going out?', asked her mother.
'Yes Mother. There is this last minute preparation Maureen and I have to do and I think the fashion designer made a mess of her dress. She is almost crying over the phone'
'Get her another then. Any colour will do'
'no mum, Maureen is my chief maid of honour, I want her in an ox blood and gold dress'
'Okay'
She quickly went out. Alice and Edward stared after her. It was Alice who finally broke the silence.
'darling, they haven't been together in two weeks, do you think she is going to have a rendezvous with him?'
'Alice, you never seize to amaze me. If she is actually going to see him, it doesn't concern us'
'My little baby is now all grown up'
'She is, allow her to live her life. She is now married you know'
'But what if she and Joel...'
'I told you already, leave Mich be. She is young and strong. Let's be happy she's going to meet her husband and he satisfies her on bed not some jerk. I like Joel, he is the perfect man for her'
'She is my little baby'
'Not anymore darling'

Mich went into her house for the first time in two weeks. Leila was happy to see her but Maureen wasn't.
'What were you saying over the phone'
'That your fashion designer ruined my dress. We have to buy another one'
'Maureen, I am so sorry but put it on let me see'
'I won't, I need another'
'You can't have another Maureen. We really can't afford it'
'Aren't your parents millionaires?'
'We've talked about this Maureen. You should be happy for your brother and I'
Maureen fumed, and wore the dress, it was perfect, just a little too loose.
'I will call her to make all necessary amendments. Hope you've bought your shoes'
'No'
'I spoke with Joel, said he will give you money, that was three days ago'
'Well, he gave me a stipend. I need more'
'How much did he give you?'
'Five thousand naira'
'Please Maureen, your brother is trying. He is shouldering everything you know. You can get that shoe at the amount he gave you'
Mich opened her handbag and removed a thousand naira note and handed it to Maureen.
'Here, take this'
'Thanks Mich'
'Don't forget to buy a gold shoe. Its either that or nothing'
'I heard you'
'Now Leila dear, your gown will arrive this evening'
'Mummy bought gown for me?'
'Your father didn't tell you? He might have forgotten. Guess what? You will be my little bridesmaid'
'Wow'
'What's that sweetheart?', Joel said from the door way.
'I'm gonna be mummy's little bride'
'Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you. Eugene will be the groom'
'Why Eugene?', the little girl asked in annoyance.
'He is the perfect boy for it'
'I am older than him. Isn't the groom suppose to be older'
'Yes sweetheart but'
'I won't do it mummy', she said and ran out.
Mich looked at Joel. She looked ready to burst into tears. She wanted her wedding to be small and perfect.
'I will go talk to her', he said and walked up the stairs.
'Sweetheart, we all know you are older than Eugene but your mummy loves you, that's why she wants you and Eugene close to her during the wedding'
'Eugene is just a child'
'Sweet, your mummy is sad now. You know its her wedding, the bride shouldn't be sad on her wedding day. Isn't your mummy always making you happy?'
'She is'
'Then let's make her happy', he said and rub her stomach the way she wanted it. He played with her on the bed and soon she was rolling with laughter.
'Daddy?'
'Yes love?'
'Will you still love me when you marry mummy and the twins come?'
'Of course. You are my little girl and will always remain my little girl forever. No one can ever take your place. When the twins come, you all will be my little ones and I will love you all equally. You will play hide and seek with them'
'Really daddy?'
'Yes'
'But daddy? Where is my first mummy?'
Joel sighed. Paula had taken off again. Last he heard, she was in Ibadan. He doesn't know why she is destroying her life.
'Your mummy travelled'
'She didn't say goodbye to me. When is she coming back?'
'Soon'
'Daddy?'
'Yes? I will be the little maid'
'Why?'
'I wanna make my available mummy happy. She doesn't travel and I can see you two love laughing together now'
'You're such a smart kid, don't you think you should apologize to your mummy for walking out on her?'
'I'm I in trouble?'
'of course not. Mich will be happy that you wanna make her happy'
So he took her back to the living room and she apologized to Mich. Mich rewarded her by giving her some candy from her handbag. Joel told Maureen to take Leila upstairs, he wanna talk with Mich'
'Did I tell you how much I love you today?'
'I already know', Mich said
'How much?'
'Infinity'
he laughed and drew her to him for a kiss. Mich responded very passionately.
'Should we go upstairs?', he asked her.
'No. Its wrong for the groom to see the bride before the wedding'
'See who is talking, my own Mich? Okay, can I touch your tommy and feel the twins? Haven't done that in two weeks'
'No'
'Why no?'
'I want our wedding night to be perfect Joel. I have some money, we can go to a modest hotel for three days'
'I don't need your help Mich'
'Come on Joel, I am your wife'
'Okay, thank you. So how do feel'
'Scared, now that I am getting closer'
'You will be alright Mich'
'Joel, please, I want you to be there when I put to bed'
'I will be there love'
'I mean, I want you to be the doctor in charge'
'Its not gonna happen love. Jonas will take good care of you'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes'
He kissed her and drove her home. He refused her invitation to come in.
'Why?'
'You want your parents to see the lustful look I give you?'
'But we are married'
'Not to your father'
A knock came at the door, they turned and saw Jordan smiling. Mich alighted from the car and left them.
'Joel, its almost time for the wedding, quit staring at her like that'
'Like how?'
'Like you wanna eat her raw'
'Mind your business Jordan'
'Tara's next session with you is tomorrow, will you be at the hospital?'
'No'
'I trust no one with her but you'
'Okay, I will be in the hospital. Tell her to come by ten'
'Thank you'

Saying I do was the happiest day of Mich. All and sundry that got the invitation were of the opinion that they were a perfect match. The two only had eyes for each other and because the bride was heavy, the ceremony was done in a haste. The bride surprised everyone, when she saw her husband's best man. She gave Maureen the bouquet and ran to him. To the amazement of everyone, she flung herself on him and laughed. The man held her tightly to himself and then whispered something in her ears.
'I can't miss this special occasion'
He said to her and instinctively placed a palm on her stomach. Mich laughed. She looked towards her husband and then went to him for a hug.
'Thank you Joel'
'Thank me later love, we are wasting people's time. later, you can hug and chat with Jeremy any how you want'
'Any how you say?'
'Yes, I'm not a bit jealous Mich. You like him but you love me. No man can ever make you feel as I do just as no woman can ever make me feel as you do. You know, we are stuck with each other for life'
Maureen walked to them. She was glowing and looking so beautiful.
'You guys, are making a scene. Now if you two are not ready for the event to start, can you introduce me to the man over there?'
'Who?'
'The one in tux'
'That's Jake, Henry's younger brother'
'Can you introduce us?'
'My friend play your role as the brides mate and don't get your heart broken',Joel told her.
Twenty minutes later, the reception ceremony began at Joel's duplex in maitama. Mich was almost sleeping, she was very tired and it was written all over her face. Another twenty minutes later, the reception came to an end. Only immediate family remained.
'Now its time for your presents', justin said.
'I have an announcement to make. Mich and Joel, Sarah and I agreed to sponsor your honeymoon. It should have been outside Nigeria but because joel is working and Mich is heavy, we decided that the sheraton's hotel will suit you two. I have spoken to the hospital management Joel, you are on a two weeks leave. Don't you dare say no, ask me why?'
'Why?', Maureen shouted
'Sarah is four weeks pregnant, all thanks to Joel'
There were shouts every way. Double celebration. Jordan stood up
'Its now Tara and my turn. Your car Mich is here in this compound, you will take it, its your birthday gift from me. Tara and I have decided that you will need more rooms. While you are at the honeymoon, Maureen and Leila will come live with us and I, the constructor,will renovate your house and add more rooms and a swimming pool. When the twins come, you will need more rooms for visitors because Tara and I will visit as often as we can'
'No Jordan', Joel shouted
'If you refuse this offer, never ever talk to me again. I mean it Joel'
It was time for the parents. Mich held her husband's arms.
'Joel, you are the perfect one for Mich. You passed our test', edward said
'What test?', everyone asked
'You refused to allow me sponsor the wedding. It means you are hard-working and determined. I know that if I die today, Mich wouldn't be hungry because you will provide for her according to your strength. You proved me wrong, I actually thought you married her for her money'
'Father, a test you say? What if he failed?', Jordan asked
'If he had failed, Alice and I would have given them that best wedding then locked up. I will let them fend for there selves. Mich inheritance would go to her children and they will have access to it only when they clock twenty-one. Joel passed though'
'So what is their present'
'I call their present the ultimate. I can never tell Joel to stop practicing medicine'
'No, you can't', Joel said.
'Your ultimate present is...'
'The inheritance', Justin shouted
'No', Alice said with a smile.
'What is it?', everyone asked.
Edward laughed, he looked at his daughter and prayed before sending the bomb.
'You can't be serious father', Mich said standing up.
'No, I won't take it', Joel said in anger.
What the old man said surprised everyone.
'Please, Joel, help me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 10:03am On Jul 12, 2015
Happy sunday all. Let me apologize for not replying your comments. I am now too busy, you can tell that by my late updates.. Please, I beg of you all to forgive me. Don't ever take it personal. Those that know me from 'the reluctant bride' can testify that I am frequent in my updates. Things changed and now I hardly even have time to type an update.
This story is finally coming to an end. I will make the last update soon. Please feel free to uess what that present is

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 12, 2015
The suspense is killing me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by yettielicious(f): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Tiff dearie...this suspense is killing...I need to be relieved and only tiffany J could do dat...

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by heemah(f): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2015
TiffanyJ, plsss biko! I can't guess whatever it is no matter how hard I crack my brain....waiting anxiously for the next update! Btw, Maureen and Jake, would be happy if they can be an item too...lols. #OliverTwist

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Mc6xty(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2015
Madam no let this suspence kill person b4 u update oo.kudos to a geniuse

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (124) (Reply)

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.