Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,347 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. (3931 Views)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
I was having a conversation with my mum this evening, and I was about scooping a portion of beans from the pot with a metallic spoon while it was cooking, she quickly stopped me saying it would burn. I have also heard this same thing about jollof rice, I really dunno why the food will get burnt because of metal. I asked her, she said she doesn't know, that it was what she was told by my grandmother when she was younger.

Please share your views on this, I need to be illuminated. smiley

1 Like

Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by pweetyz(f): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
benromeo39:
I was having a conversation with my mum this evening, and I was about scooping a portion of beans from the pot with a metallic spoon while it was cooking, she quickly stopped me saying it would burn. I have also heard this same thing about jollof rice, I really dunno why the food will get burnt because of metal. I asked her, she said she doesn't know, that it was what she was told by my grandmother when she was younger.

Please share your views on this, I need to be illuminated. smiley
..I've got no idea about the metal ish..was only told not to stir the meals or they'd get burnt..plus it gets burnt even if you see non-metal spoons
Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
pweetyz:
..I've got no idea about the metal ish..was only told not to stir the meals or they'd get burnt..plus it gets burnt even if you see non-metal spoons

really? That's so weird.

1 Like

Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by rofemiguwa(f): 1:03am On Oct 16, 2014
The metal spoon scratches. The pot surface so it food sticks to that part and burns.
Lemme explain in layman's term.take for example when u scratch ur skin after some time it dries up and form some kind of hard surface. When u scratch the pot food stick to that part faster and becz that side is not smooth anymore.it starts burning.
Dunno if u get me
Hope u do
Solution use a wooden or plastic spoon
Doesnt scratch d pot
benromeo39:
really? That's so weird.
Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2014
rofemiguwa:
The metal spoon scratches. The pot surface so it food sticks to that part and burns.
Lemme explain in layman's term.take for example when u scratch ur skin after some time it dries up and form some kind of hard surface. When u scratch the pot food stick to that part faster and becz that side is not smooth anymore.it starts burning.
Dunno if u get me
Hope u do
Doesnt scratch d pot
oh, wow. I suppose that's an explanation.
Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by Incredyable(m): 10:43am On Oct 16, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Dunno if u get me
Hope u do
Doesnt scratch d pot
Seconded!
use d spatula(omorogun) instead.
Re: Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Incredyable:

Seconded!
use d spatula(omorogun) instead.
Lmao, chief chef. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Ibo People Call Eba Garri? / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #250 (photo) / 7 Kinds Of Cocktail And Mocktail Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.