Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87700 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by stigman(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi doesn't have contract with NFF and so can not be sack, FA chairman, amodu and keshi are from the same side just that the FA chairman doesn't like keshi from day one that is why he replaced him with another brother
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by damlet(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2014
They ave sacked him on Tuesday b4 d match y after d match
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ElFenomeno1: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Fantastic piece of news. I hope they get a replacement for Amodu soon, he should not be left there for too long.

Morrocco 2015 is looking like a pipe dream now but hopefully after our fate has been confirmed, we can review the coaching staff and carry out an overhaul of the playing staff as well as the administrators.

Keshi is a failure waiting to happen.. Overrated, tactically inept, clueless and poor manager!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by born2boink(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi is far better than amodu but NFF just want someone that will recalls the old players to win the next 2 matches and someone they themselves could dictate, it is not amodu coaching, it is NFF themselves.
When Egypt was pared with Ghana in the worldcup play off, Ghana called back all the old legs unlike, they called about 9 players and they demolish Egypt 6-1, Egypt were once thinking they are facing the new Ghana, nigeria defeated before there FA recalled all old experienced players together.
Keshi should have use similar system to at least achieve the result first when it's getting worst then start from where you fail. Sometimes you need to gyraff to pass examination.

They have no option than to let Keshi go so the road could be clear, nigeria need to qualify and the set team can't do it, even if Keshi will come back in future, that should be after 2015 nation cup, Keshi will be back but he need to learn because he has let his achievement get into his head,and he should see his players as his children because he will surely have the stubborn and the good one, not his mate. We have miss out on sunday Mba and ikechukwu Uche and using ambrose on fake position, kelechi iheanacho need to start his journey now, remembered okocha started very early from USA 94 too...

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by robosky02(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2014
wrong move..........

allow the man finish his rubbish
now he will have big excuse that i was about qualifying us before the sack especially after the releiving victory over sudan.
and by the way how do you sack a man you are yet to emply?

just tell him his contract will not be renewd since it expired after the world cup
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ElFenomeno1: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2014
stigman:
Keshi doesn't have contract with NFF and so can not be sack, FA chairman, amodu and keshi are from the same side just that the FA chairman doesn't like keshi from day one that is why he replaced him with another brother

Sacked not sack! Olodo.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by repogirl(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2014
spicyJ:
pls say what u know, go and check amodu's record u Will be surprise at wat u will see eventhough i prefer siasia to him. Pls don't listen to dis pple who knows little or nothing about him.
abeg, shaibu dances to their tune well well and that's why they picked him, Siasia cooperates a bit but keshi, that one is a rebel and didn't condone their NFF politics and nonsense....anyway time will tell, we'll see how effective this decision will be in the nearest future.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by samuelfemo(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2014
he will definetly be sackd so this no news
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ElFenomeno1: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi should have been turfed out after the world cup....... He shouldnt have been allowed to stay beyond the world cup at all, what a joke of a manager!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by okeyokeyjah(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Where re we heading to 4 dis Naija ? Buhari coming again 4 President, Amodu apointed again as Super Eagles head coach. my grandmum use to called dis "Imminimus"
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by dabossman(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
Back to square zero. I am never a fan of hiring and firing of coaches every here and then. In 2011 October precisely, i kicked against the sacking of Samson Siasia but Nigerians insisted that he must go, cursing and calling him all manners of names; but i stood by him until Keshi came on board to change the Fortune of the team.
Today, the same people calling Siasia names are the people insulting the Big Boss. Some people even go as far as cursing his family!.....
I am happy today that I still stood by Keshi despite all the cricism. I am his fan and I will continue to be his fan until the next coach achieved beyond what Keshi did. For now i will hang my boots and watch as the drama unfolds.

Move over bro, let me join you to do siddon look. I also kicked against the sacking of Siasia and now Keshi. I believe the problem of our football goes beyond just coaching. Player development and mentality is another strong factor. Well, I wish the interim coaches and the eventual foreign coach all the best.

Win or lose, I will keep supporting the Super Eagles till I die. Even if it breaks my heart. Yes, I said Super Eagles. I will never stoop so low as to call my own national team "Super Chickens" like some of you do. A derogatory name given to us by our fiercest rivals Ghana in 2008. That is like a Chelsea fan calling his team Chelsh*t. No, never.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by natureblack(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2014
kennyslim1:
Keshi should go abeg...let's see what's Amodu is capable of doing to our fallen super eagles sad
and what do you think Amodu is capable of ?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by adedayourt(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2014
Frying pan to fire.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by robosky02(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2014
born2fuck:
Keshi is far better than amodu but NFF just want someone that will recalls the old players to win the next 2 matches and someone they themselves could dictate, it is not amodu coaching, it is NFF themselves.
When Egypt was pared with Ghana in the worldcup play off, Ghana called back all the old legs unlike, they called about 9 players and they demolish Egypt 6-1, Egypt were once thinking they are facing the new Ghana, nigeria defeated before there FA recalled all old experienced players together.
Keshi should have use similar system to at least achieve the result first when it's getting worst then start from where you fail. Sometimes you need to gyraff to pass examination.

They have no option than to let Keshi go so the road could be clear, nigeria need to qualify and the set team can't do it, even if Keshi will come back in future, that should be after 2015 nation cup, Keshi will be back but he need to learn because he has let his achievement get into his head,and he should see his players as his children because he will surely have the stubborn and the good one, not his mate. We have miss out on sunday Mba and ikechukwu Uche and using ambrose on fake position, kelechi iheanacho need to start his journey now, remembered okocha started very early from USA 94 too...

by the way the guy stubborn pass fly

oya follow the corpse into the grave.....

lets have fresh air........
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by adepiero: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu again! why is NFF taking a reverse? are we not suppose to be moving forward!! Pinnick is clueless walahi undecided
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Godsate: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Koolmexxi:
Amodu Again I'm beginning to think coaching Eagles is his inheritance. Keshi's ego and his tactical ineptitude cost him.

as interim coach. Pending the time that NFF will scout and employ a new coach.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by zizky(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Mourinho has results to back his arrogance O!!!
stigman:

And what would you say about mourinho
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by amas124(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2014
It's beta @least our best players can return to camp cos the remaining two matches re crucial
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by chimerase2: 8:22am On Oct 16, 2014
Oh goodness me *faints*
Amodu of all pple shocked
I swear we won't qualify for nations cup if its like dis

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by bullyman36(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2014
O
fingard02k:
i never like that egocentric keshi for once but why Amodu? I think NFF is cursed or hell bent on destroying nigeria football

NFF one step forward (Sacking keshi) then 10 steps backward (Appointing amodu)
Wonders shall never end, when it comes to NFF
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tuffgongjo(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2014
onyeomaonyeoma:
Ogbeni se ori odaru sha?
How can u sack someone who's not under contract.l don't know y some nigerians are so dump.
It is "Dumb" not "Dump".
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by LaurelP(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu Shuaibu again?
Dat means Yakubu Ayegbeni is coming back!

I may not like Keshi's style but he's much beta dan Amodu. Wat nonsense!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by darlingnuel(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF recycling old and stale heads in the name of using indigenous coaches. It's obvious this hasn't been any better with our football.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by StealthyMe(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2014
shockwave91:
Hahahahahahahaha i said it! Dis amaju picknic/shitnick guy no get sense. Amodu?!?! Hahahahahaha. So dis is d one dat ike uche will respect? Lol
StealthyMe is dis news true?? Abeg bros talk to me

Oga Boss na so we see am oo...So Amodu is the best Nigeria can get ; Its all good (Tactically Hollow coach...bt qualifies us)

Pinnick undecided ....what does he know abt football sef ?

Finally.........

Welcome Back Yakubu Aiyegbeni grin
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by natureblack(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
Back to square zero. I am never a fan of hiring and firing of coaches every here and then. In 2011 October precisely, i kicked against the sacking of Samson Siasia but Nigerians insisted that he must go, cursing and calling him all manners of names; but i stood by him until Keshi came on board to change the Fortune of the team.
Today, the same people calling Siasia names are the people insulting the Big Boss. Some people even go as far as cursing his family!.....
I am happy today that I still stood by Keshi despite all the cricism. I am his fan and I will continue to be his fan until the next coach achieved beyond what Keshi did. For now i will hang my boots and watch as the drama unfolds.
you took this comment outta my finger.Can't be said any better.

Amodu in my point of view has nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by akoaki(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2014
In the last three matches played , the eagles would have done better without a coach by using individual skills.Keshi was a minus to the team.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Dammyjohn(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2014
My BIGGEST question is ,why did you replace AFCON cup archiever for Nigeria with Shaibu Amodu instead of Sampson Siasia?This is paining me Pinick.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tuffgongjo(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2014
kokoA:
I can't wait to see the likes of Aiyegbeni, john Utaka, Olofinjana, Sani keita, Danny shittu, ogbeche, christian obodo, etc back to our national team grin
If all these players are invited,then naija football is Doomed.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2014
They for leave coach Nkechi na instead of dis amodu.. This picnic of a guy sef
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Keypha(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Anyway if amodu will invite all our missing players and ihenacho, uche, mba I will be happy then.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ElPhenomenal(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Stephen okechukwu keshi,I will miss you for sure,one of the best coach in Nigeria History,when he won the nations cup yall were praising his name. Well, wrong move NFF
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by caprini1: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2014
So,why were the players jumping like ,they've saved his job when they scored?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.