Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87708 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tuffgongjo(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2014
lakesidepapa:
The new man on the block, let's see what he will offer..
See his head like a ball.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Royaltriplee: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2014
Elliotwiz1:
he's just there for now, he's far better than keshi. we won our last match because of our players extra effort and not because of our coach tactics. keshi had to go even if they didn't have a replacement, he has nothing left to offer
in what way is he far better than keshi......
If ah hear......
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by dmxexclusive(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2014
Wot gud is coach is impact is nt felt on d peach, we knw dis boys r gud @ wot dey do all we need d coach 2 do is to point dem in d rite direction make d rite selection stating wot 2 do nd wot nt 2 do,is dat 2 much 2 ask of a coach dat claim is best among d rest.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tuffgongjo(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2014
stigman:

And what would you say about mourinho
Mourinho has something to back his "Huge" Ego up;Results.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by caprini1: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2014
natureblack:
and what do you think Amodu is capable of ?
Amodu knows how to play minnows better than Keshi,he is going to beat both SA and Congo.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Emilliw3m(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2014
rub!sh
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Cellytones: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2014
Problems with Nigerian Football Federation
1. They want quick result.
2. They don't believe football is all about, 'you win some, you loose some'.
3. The coach must not drop their favorite player even if he disrespects him.
4. They must be part of your match line up selection.
5. They are never contented with what they have

Well, they once said, 'Siasia is stubborn' but remember that with that stubbornness, he got us result and when they couldn't just manipulate him, they sacked him.

Keshi came when Nigeria's football was almost dead and forgotten, they still said same thing- 'Keshi is stubborn'. He gave a deaf ear, made his own selection to nation's cup and gave us good result. He was almost nailed to the cross during the world cup (including those who claimed world cup wasn't for boys) and decided to listen to the 'OGAS AT THE TOP'. Well, we saw the outcome. Now he wants to do his stuff his own way but they are saying it again- 'Keshi is stubborn'. Hence, He's sacked.

I didn't expect less from the NFF anyway and I hope their next coach remains permanent because whether foreign or local coach, once you're branded "stubborn", you won't last! The USA '94 coach, Westerhoff (correct my spelling please) can attest to this.
I wish them luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2014
E NO GO BETTER FOR GOD WICKED THING THAT MADE ME LOOSE ALL I HAD
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Emmysteve(m): 8:36am On Oct 16, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

I understand you bro.
When we v a NFA that's not willing to hire a sound foreign coach, we ll keep recycling half baked local coaches. From Amodu-Siasia-Keshi and back to Amodu.
You can be sure that either Siasia or Oliseh ll be our next coach
They are now going for a foreign coach. After the foreign coach, back to Siasia. Just heard from the NFF president.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Kasieze(m): 8:36am On Oct 16, 2014
Sleeping dude

A guy slept very hungry
and saw bread in his dream, he
took it and
started eating it in his dream.
After he finished
eating it, he saw a coconut and
decided to eat it
too but he didn't see a knife to
cut it. So he
decided to use his teeth only to
receive a................> http://.com/m/view_joke.php?id=185 continue
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Eddy2010(m): 8:37am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu you know the rules of the game naa! just qualify us and get the boot to your ass. You know how its done naa
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by jobsat34(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2014
padeolu:
Isn't amodu as useless as keshi?

Why not bring in a better interim coach, why Amodu of all people??

which capable and disengaged coach that is available at the moment... the best option is to go for amodu on interim bases, while they sort out for a better option.. i think what eagles conspicuously needed is a technical adviser (which keshi arrogantly refuse the need for one)
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Temptee101(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2014
stigman:
Keshi doesn't have contract with NFF and so can not be sack, FA chairman, amodu and keshi are from the same side just that the FA chairman doesn't like keshi from day one that is why he replaced him with another brother
Your post exudes ignorance at its highest degree. So the NFF chairman is now responsible for keshi's insensibility to invite our best legs the chairman is also to be blamed for the team's lack of cohesion, coordination and tactical deficiencies According to you the chairman is also to be accused for the inability of keshi to use his brain so during the Confed and WC, the CM was also responsible for our poor performance and also recording 2wins out of 12matches played. NFF chairman who was elected barely two weeks ago. Brother use ur brain or is the CM also going to be blamed for ur inability to do so

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by nairaman66(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF=PDP=Cluenessness
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by dabossman(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Elliotwiz1:
he's just there for now, he's far better than keshi. we won our last match because of our players extra effort and not because of our coach tactics. keshi had to go even if they didn't have a replacement, he has nothing left to offer

And where was that extra effort all this while? Can tactics execute itself on the field of play without effort from the players?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Koolmexxi(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Godsate:

as interim coach. Pending the time that NFF will scout and employ a new coach.

Dat's exactly how most of his stints with d Eagles start. Won't b surprised if he's retained.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by nairaman66(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2014
caprini1:
Amodu knows how to play minnows better than Keshi,he is going to beat both SA and Congo.

Now I know why they say talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Why recycling failures?Amodu again!I thought I'll never hear of Amodu's name again (not as in death)..
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by jude33084(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2014
Olaolufred:
Nigeria and many nigerians are ungrateful to Keshi.
Amodu is coming for d fifth time.
If he was good, why d four ealier sackings.
His results as a national coach in not near what keshi has achieved in a shorter time.
Why are we nigerians celebrating deciet and crucifying truth.

His egocentric attitude cost him the job wink

But Amodu is worst cheesy
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Jodesky(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2014
dmxexclusive:
Wot gud is coach is impact is nt felt on d peach, we knw dis boys r gud @ wot dey do all we need d coach 2 do is to point dem in d rite direction make d rite selection stating wot 2 do nd wot nt 2 do,is dat 2 much 2 ask of a coach dat claim is best among d rest.

What exactly do you intend to say with this junk language. Why not write in your dialect if your English is that jaundiced. Olodo!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by sammie771: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2014
I can see that many nigerian youths that claims to know football are just myopic when it comes to football knowledge.NFF just appointed AMODU SHUAIB on an interim condition and you guys are here saying amodu shuaib is a wrong replacement.Is it not better for us to have obafemi martins,uche brothers,onyekachi apam,taye taiwo,haruna lukman back to the super eagles and win convincingly than for us to be deceiving ourselves.Yes,under amodu we watch with blood pressure,but at the end we win convincingly.

Please AMODU SHUAIB,bring back uche brothers and obafemi martins and lets rest emenike for now till he wakes up from his slumber.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Iceking1(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2014
Frying pan to fire... Bt honestly keshi shud go, and i also see d nff recalling keshi in d nearest future
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by idu1(m): 8:42am On Oct 16, 2014
God, i no dey for people wey sack keshi.............
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by chesterlee(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Thank God he's been sacked!!!

As it stands now, Amodu isn't better than Keshi but he can deliver the maroc 2015 ticket for us. During his past reign, he qualified us for two World cups and got sacked.

So Having Amodu as a coach on an Interim level ahead of the Arrogant and Clueless Keshi is good for me.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by nairaman66(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in the early hours of Thursday have announced the contract termination of Coach Stephen Keshi as the Super Eagles head coach.

After a long hours meeting of the Executive board members held at the Transcrop hilton hotel in Abuja the board unanimously agreed to part away with the Big Boss and his technical crew.

Speaking with cross section of the press shortly after the meeting at 1am Nigeria time on Thursday, first vice President of the Federation, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi said the Federation appreciated Keshi and will give due support to him and his technical crew.
“You could recall Keshi and his technical crew
contract expired after the World cup, and the federation have decided not to renew their contract,” Akinwunmi revealed.

“The Federation appreciated his effort for the success he achieved and the development of our football.
“We have decided to sponsor him and his technical crew (Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shoromu) to any choice of their coaching school to acquire for more knowledge in the game at our expenses,” Akinwunmi said.

Former Niger Tornadoes player, Shaibu Amodu returns as the team interim coach to be assisted with three coaches from the Glo Premier League.
“We have two more important matches in the
qualifiers which we hope to secure full points, and qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Coach Amodu will take over of the team as interim coach, to be assisted by Salisu Yusuf (El Kanemi Warriors) and Gbenga Ogunbote (Sharks FC) while former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Alloy Agu will be the goalkeeper trainer,” the NFF official divulge.

Super Eagles will travel next month to face
Congo and host South Africa in Nigeria in the last phase of the qualifiers.

Source:
www.naijasportscentre.com/amodu-to-lead-super-eagles/

Corroborative Sources
http://www.punchng.com/news/nff-sacks-keshi-picks-amodu/
http://completesportsnigeria.com/nff-replace-keshi-amodu-appoint-siasia-new-u-23-boss/

I am sure Mr Victor Ikpeba will be happy wherever he is. This is what he has been emancitipating for.

I think he should find a coaching job and not just sit on TV spilling shiit! undecided
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Koolmexxi(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Godsate:

as interim coach. Pending the time that NFF will scout and employ a new coach.
Dat's how most of his stints wit d Eagles start. Won't b surprised if he's retained.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by obeski13(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2014
benega:
We rili needed a new coach: u could see individual talent In the team but keshi was not able 2 create a nexus. But why amodu and not sia sia?
.frm what i heard,siasij was d prefered choice of nff.but he rejected d job outrightly

A
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by natureblack(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2014
caprini1:
you amuse me,you sound too confident in Amodu and you sure going to be hugely disappointed.

It's a wrong call from NFF,more like putting the cart before the horse.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Godson32(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Sacked not sack! Olodo.
It hasnt come to that,stop abusing people.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2014
if u were to be a guy, i know what i would have said to u but lucky u sad
repogirl:
Hmmmmm, but why shuaibu amodu, isn't he the one who couldn't get eagles to qualify for world cup finals, one time like that? How they forget so easily!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by bigwallace(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2014
MrRhymes101:
Y on earth r dey sacking dis man?? He took us 2 d AFCON 2013 n we came out tops, he qualified us 4 d world cup n we got 2 d highest stage an African team reached in Brazil. Now we r playing to qualify 4 Morroco 2015....did he fail 2 qualify us?? R we out of contention?? Y r dose looters sacking dis great achiever?? What kina country is dis?? N dey tink Amodu is beta?? Wouldn't dey pay a foreign coach even more dan dey have refused 2 pay d big boss?? Is it not because dey have a chance to inflate d pay of a white man?? 4 d last 2 decades have we not been looking 4 a coach dat would bring us trophies?? Has dis man stopped winning?? Y sack him?? NFF mata jst tire me
will u shut d Bleep up.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by festico: 8:46am On Oct 16, 2014
SMH FOR THIS COUNTRY HOW CAN YOU REPLACE SOMBODY WIT A PERSON HE S BETTER THAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.