Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? (2911 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by edi287: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Name one thing Portugal has won (or look likely to win) for him to say it is the reason he wants to choose Portugal over Nigeria.
For one, they've gotten to the semi finals of the world cup more than once(same with the euros); something Nigeria has never done.

If you look at both teams at the moment, Portugal is clearly superior to us.
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by 0Edward0(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
emmasege:
Unfortunately, U won't get to select the team so ur wish of Mikel coming in as a sub can not come true. Haters of Mikel can go and get a foreign coach and they will still be disappointed that he will still be oyinbo's choice in the midfield
To the Defensive Midfield Position
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by LeoSanchez(m): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
For so many reasons Nigeria wont progress until we change our mindset.
Most of them still relates wit the fact that Nigerians dont ever visualise themself at the top.
They only speak, act and live individually because they dont believe in the country and what the history of it actually stood for,
our mentality is bleak.
When you plan for somfin good u get good results.
When u always speak of what is bad but u never find a solution to it then u will kip on getting thesame outcome.
Who said if u have good idea u cant push for it to work tru for the good of all Nigerians??
Majority of us, our parents, friends celebrities are stereotype and thus stock with certain ideology about life
For the love of God how do u become better if u dont motivate yourself,
who says the SE cant beat Germany if we become better.
We have internet
if you have an opinion who says you cant market it online and make an impact?
Must Everyfin be about what we gain
Its all in our head o... We need to change the way we think and realise that as Nigerians we only have each others back and we shud protect it.
I dont care if i get abusive replies but it irritates me to read majority of comments in Nairaland and most of it is nigeria speaking ill about the country. If our government is not up to its task for A BETTER SOCIETY does that mean we also are
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by LeoSanchez(m): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
edi287:

For one, they've gotten to the semi finals of the world cup more than once(same with the euros); something Nigeria has never done.

If you look at both teams at the moment, Portugal is clearly superior to us.
Oga when u put ur facts based on the past is same as eating a roften food.. Who says we wont do better if dat player decides to play for Nigeria?? N who says when others join him our game play wont change for the best
When you have such mentality u will never progress.
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by edi287: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
LeoSanchez:
Oga when u put ur facts based on the past is same as eating a roften food.. Who says we wont do better if dat player decides to play for Nigeria?? N who says when others join him our game play wont change for the best
When you have such mentality u will never progress.

At the moment; give me one reason Tiago Ilori would choose playing for Nigeria over Portugal...
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by LeoSanchez(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
edi287:

At the moment; give me one reason Tiago Ilori would choose playing for Nigeria over Portugal...
ow i could give u more than one..
1. He is a Nigerian
2. He is more likely to become a star wif lots of attention here than portugal where he have competitors
but then my point is not only on him. Anyone could play for us if they have us in mind.. Remuv ur surname from ur name and ask yourself what good is ur name alone. Anyone who is not proud of where he/she comes froms is obviously ungrateful and lacks fear of God.
Re: Amodu's First Eleven - What Would It Look Like? by edi287: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
LeoSanchez:
ow i could give u more than one..
1. He is a Nigerian
2. He is more likely to become a star wif lots of attention here than portugal where he have competitors
but then my point is not only on him. Anyone could play for us if they have us in mind.. Remuv ur surname from ur name and ask yourself what good is ur name alone. Anyone who is not proud of where he/she comes froms is obviously ungrateful and lacks fear of God.

1. He identifies himself more with his Portuguese side.
2. The Portuguese cb are aging...he actually has a big chance of playing for them in the next euros if he can get game time.

Well that's the point; he does not identify with his father's side(he's "English of Nigerian descent) and to be honest you really can't blame him.

He didn't grow up in nigeria and really doesn't owe us anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Just 1.5 Odd / Miss Bumbum Shows Off Bum,as She Congratulates Lionel Messi On His Ballon D'or / 5 Players Who Never Received A Yellow Or Red Card In Their Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.