Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 (26490 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / “nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / Petrol Subsidy Probe: FG Removes 98 Importers From 2012 Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
In 2011 alone (an election year), FG budgeted less than N500b, Jonathan ended up spending/looting N1.8trillion in the name of Fuel Subsidy.

Now for 2015 (another election year), Jonathan is projecting 1,000,000,000,000 naira. Who knows the actual sum that will be spent eventually.

Jonathan surely knows how loot with both eyes open. shocked

Stop Corruption, Vote Out Jonathan.

And vote in Buhari who will command us to shut our eyes while he loots us abi? Thanx but nah bro!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Just spend it and let us see it. Its not ur money o .... Don't try to steal from this one
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 17, 2014
ok.... I will wait for the result of this
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by blym4real: 2:33am On Oct 17, 2014
What a country. Where a single citizen can build the largest refinery in africa yet the government is not rich enough to build one. The cost of dangote refinery is estimated at $9billion but still my government can't raise $9billion within the space of six years to build a single refinery. There is God oh.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by atlwireles: 3:04am On Oct 17, 2014
calaharry:

It is not free stuff but our right and only national cake we hav . Afterall we provide our water,generator power,security, etc that govt don't do much.

I couldn't agree more with you, that's why most of you will die in poverty, because its the destiny of parasitic freeloaders. angry angry angry angry
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by HIPROFILE(m): 3:14am On Oct 17, 2014
Johnnyessence:
Mrs okonjo iweala should be investigated upon d subsidy removal no jobs for d youths just to spread bunch lies we are now more educated. she thinks we are still mumu this so called woman will destroy our economy d more.d more is saying lies d more our economy down, d more this woman fabricate his lies d more the poverty in d land she should be investigated she's a PDP man she should be probe.d oil barons are smiling in her leadership as education minister this is much okonjo iweala should be investigated even she has change drastically in dealing with state government account so its when u decamp to PDP then d allocation of d state will be fast .okonjo iweala will surely give account to God in what she's doing under her leadership as finance minister no hope for incoming ones under her leadership.I believe God Almighty is watching us,I believe one day she will leave that office and a good and God fearing person will head d ministry.

Na waaooo

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by mayorall(m): 3:15am On Oct 17, 2014
One day, we will be wise.

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by dyweb(m): 3:16am On Oct 17, 2014
This is fucking crazy.

This money would fix our refineries.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Bunch of un-repentant looters deceiving gullibles since forever! Kick out cluelessness come 2015!
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by bayocanny: 3:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Nigeria will soon die!!!!!
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by bayocanny: 3:21am On Oct 17, 2014
Crispels:
Thieves!!!!! Money for election angry

Oo serious

Space Booked Till Morning!!! grin

Make I go tell my wife say I don see land buy for Nairaland maybe she go give me garri and beans chop tomorrow morning cry

The easiest way to see God is prayer, But tresspassing this property is easier!!!!

This space is not for sale, Beware of fraudsters angry

Not even our oga@the top,Seun can collect this land from me undecided

grin
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by shegsrules(m): 3:47am On Oct 17, 2014
I still wondering anytime I hear news about this subsidy scam, please how did late Yaradua run the government expenses when he reduced the price of fuel and still never complained, GEJ he was boss but sometimes am tempted to wonder were your own kind of kind of reasoning in running government comes from. I wonder how people just get to vote this man with the taught of tomorrow because leadership is not just about the present but a future plan

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by shegsrules(m): 3:49am On Oct 17, 2014
I still wonder anytime I hear news about this subsidy scam, please how did late Yaradua run the government expenses when he reduced the price of fuel and still never complained, GEJ he was your boss but sometimes am tempted to wonder were your own kind of reasoning in running government comes from. I wonder how people just get to vote this man with the taught of tomorrow because leadership is not just about the present but a future plan
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 17, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
bushdoc9919,

You still maintain your position on this subsidy matter. I asked a question on the thread then, and I am asking again:

How much does it cost to produce and refine a litre of fuel LOCALLY in Nigeria? How much does it cost to import a litre of fuel from Norway or Venezuela or wherever? Is there really a subsidy on locally produced fuel? Does it cost less than NGN97.00 to produce a litre of locally refined PMS here in Nigeria? If so, by how much? Or is the so-called subsidy actually on imported fuel and we do not want to admit it? Which of course raises the question: why is Nigeria importing fuel which can be produced locally here at lower cost? angry

I also have another question: there are several other oil producing countries (Brazil, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia etc) with state owned utilities which produce enough petroleum products for local consumption as well as for the export market. These state-owned oil utilities also turn a profit. Why should Nigeria's case be different? angry

According to you, the government does not have money to build new refineries. How will the fuel imports be financed then? Where will the money come from?

Once again, how much does it cost to produce a litre of PMS, DPK or AGO locally here in Nigeria? That is the crux of the matter.

You are asking the good questions....and to answer it all, I would say we need to produce more fuel for domestic consumption. That in my mind is where the problem lies.(Which is why Dangote better hurry up and build the refinery he promised....instead of spending so much time talking about it).It is because we are importing fuel at the high world prices...that is where much of the subsidy money is going to. (and if international oil prices go up...especially with the Iraq situation......oil subsidy money may have to go up too.)

(Of the countries you mentioned, Venezuela and Saudi also produce far more oil than Nigeria....and for lesser populations (Venezuela 37million, Saudi 11 million). Brazil has invested a lot in something called 'green fuel' which is made from sugar cane , and is mixed with the regular fuel (Of course Brazil also has a diversified industrial economy...meaning everything has to work for the industries to work well....including fuel supply)

To sum up....Nigeria needs to produce more oil. If we were producing all of the oil for domestic consumption here in Naija...then the current subsidy regime would have made sense...but this one where we are importing much of the oil we consume at home from abroad...and we expect to pay cheap prices ? Something's got to give.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Majoo: 5:22am On Oct 17, 2014
BUT LET JONATHAN EXPLAINED TO NIGERIANS THE MEANING OF OIL SUBSIDY AT THIS TIME AGAIN BECAUSE HE ANNOUNCE ON JANUARY 2012 THAT HIS GOVERNMENT HAS REMOVED THIS SO CALLED OIL SUBSIDY THAT IS WHY HE INCREASE THE OIL PUMP NOW AGAIN HE WANTED TO SPEND N1 TRILLION ON DEAD MATTER AGAIN GOD WE JUDGE BALL AMEN OOOOO. ON
Interval:
All these money are mostly meant for private pockets
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Majoo: 5:29am On Oct 17, 2014
BUT LET JONATHAN EXPLAINED TO NIGERIANS THE MEANING OF OIL SUBSIDY AT THIS TIME AGAIN BECAUSE HE ANNOUNCE ON JANUARY 2012 THAT [color=#990000]HIS GOVERNMENT HAS REMOVED THIS SO CALLED OIL SUBSIDY THAT IS WHY HE INCREASE THE OIL PUMP NOW AGAIN HE WANTED TO SPEND N1 TRILLION ON DEAD MATTER AGAIN GOD WE JUDGE ALL AMEN OOOOO.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by eunisam: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2014
We don't need subsidy again! You have succeeded in leting us know that Nigeria needs to remove fuel subsidy which you did in some years back,why subsidy again?
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Burger01(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2014
I thought the subsidy was a thing of the past. Why has it resurfaced again? Looting in the name of subsidy.. angry
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by segzicres(m): 6:00am On Oct 17, 2014
y'all who voted for Gej should pray to God for forgiveness

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2014
B- Bring
U- Us
H- Happiness
A- And
R- Remove
I- Indiscipline. God bless 9ja

5 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by omenka(m): 6:04am On Oct 17, 2014
They say Baba was corrupt, agreed. Under Baba's administration, we never paid up to N500bill on subsidies, even though there came a point where he doubled as the minister for petroleum. Enter Jonathan and the Gang, enter 2011 (election year), the cost of subsidy miraculously quadrupled!! Consumption didn't, but cost did!! Over 1.6trillion stolen by the administration to prosecute a sham election. To make matters even worse, less than 1/4 of that amount was budgeted and when Jonathan added the 3/4 of the total amount that was eventually spent, he did so without recourse to the National Assembly, WITHOUT A SUPPLEMEMTARY BILL!!! Jonathan is the single most corrupt man on the face of this earth if you ask me.

Another election year is around the corner and they've all gathered to fleece Nigerians like the did three years ago. Nigerians pay a lot higher for gasoline today, yet they still claim more is needed to subsidise the cost of gasoline, who are they fooling

Honestly, only a headless snail would want to see these guys returned to Aso rock. This degree of theft is just downright abominable!!

Can't wait for Buhari to come in, open our books and show Nigerians how much they've been duped under the Cankerworms especially in the last five years!!!

5 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by omenka(m): 6:06am On Oct 17, 2014
eunisam:
We don't need subsidy again! You have succeeded in leting us know that Nigeria needs to remove fuel subsidy which you did in some years back,why subsidy again?
They aren't subsidising fuel my dear, what they are subsidising is the cost of their election to their bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Emigba247: 6:19am On Oct 17, 2014
That guy is a perfect example of a corrupt leader, if u don't kick him out,he wl make sure dat he destroy nigeria before 2019.be wise brothers.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by ojimbo(m): 6:37am On Oct 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

In 2012...you Nigerians shouted loud and clear...fuel subsidy must stay.

So, it stayed.

Which Nigerian will rise up? The same ones who said that fuel subsidy must stay back then?
am happy you still remembered what happened then. this is just to show you how foolish Nigerians are

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by holluwai(m): 6:39am On Oct 17, 2014
This government is just rubbing shi.t on our faces. Corruption is the only thing they are good at, it's a shame on the president and pdp!
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
In 2011 alone (an election year), FG budgeted less than N500b, Jonathan ended up spending/looting N1.8trillion in the name of Fuel Subsidy.

Now for 2015 (another election year), Jonathan is projecting 1,000,000,000,000 naira. Who knows the actual sum that will be spent eventually.

Jonathan surely knows how loot with both eyes open. shocked

Stop Corruption, Vote Out Jonathan.

Is this all there is to your life. Vote jonathan out, vote jonathan out. Get a life man

2 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by ojimbo(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2014
trulygirl:
Nigerians are the most difficult people on the planet earth when GEJ said he wants to remove the subsidy bulls*it NLC shutdown Nigeria for days and they are budgeting trillions we are complain. please do u guys really know many cars we have in Nigeria? i really don't know why Baba Iyabo removed our tolls on the highways well this serves us right. When the cabals paid NLC and Co money to shutdown Nigeria everyone of you guys were abusing GEJ and Co. Well Well Well grin grin
God bless you. at least am happy there are still some reasonable ones like you in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by iykemyke: 6:42am On Oct 17, 2014
size38:
Nigerians should rise and put a stop to this nonsense and urge d govt to use that money to repair our refineries. What kind of vision less and useless govt is this?

When jonathan removed subsidy in 2012 u all went on strike calling jonathan and ngozi names

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Ozonna(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2014
You people expect President GEJ to announce that there'll be increase in fuel pump price when the elections are coming up in February?

With oil heading to $80 per barrel, subsidy will be removed. We can't sustain it .

Let's remember the salaries of our over bloated civil service, lecturers, medical practitioners, military and paramilitary (also add the need to Aquire very expensive state of the art military equipments and trainings that comes with it), road construction, equiping our schools and hospitals, etc.

I can bet on nairabet that once GEJ wins next elections, subsidy will be removed
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by manjiggy(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Tis a lot of money....that would have been spent on a lot of things like infrastructure projects, universities, etc...

But we wanted cheap fuel (Which we REALLY can't get because we are producing less than we need for domestic consumption, but let's not get too factual here).

The honest truth is that we are importing fuel, the govt does not have money to build new refineries (and the private refineries promised are on the drawing board). Meanwhile, we are exporting less petrol than the United Arab Emirates....and for a population of 160million people(UAE has 8million).

The sad thing is that the fuel subsidy has to go. Yes, we will get high fuel prices, and I for one don't like having to pay up to N200 for a liter of fuel under the new regimen. But the sad thing is that we are pouring money that we do not have down a bottomless pit....and it is high time we stopped.

Ultimately, Nigeria has to get off oil....and become an industrial society. Maybe the oil subsidy money can be used for things like roads, railways, power, etc...that would fuel our industrail development...leading to jobs galore, and an end to unemployment.

But we Nigerians want free things. We don't want to work for our supper. The rich want their free bee money and the poor want their free fuel...Both want their slices of the oil cake...with no thought as to how the cake is baked.

Oil is a curse.

Flawed logic.
Answer these questions sincerely. You don't need to quote me.

1.How long does it take to build a refinery?
2. We imprted fuel during Obj's 8 years. And Yar'adua's tenure. Why is it that the subsidy amount went up exponentially during Jonathan's tenure?
3. Why did Jonathan not prosecute the Cabal?
4. What tangible project(s) has 'the subsidy money' used for?
5. Being one of biggest Oil producers in the world are you saying we cannot produce enough oil for our own use?
6. If we don't 'have money' how come a certain Minister uses millions of dollars to charter jets?

Take it from me. The 'subsidy program' is a loop hole for the Ogas at the top to steal money.

Afterall 'Stealing is not corruption'.

mAnboy.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Youngzedd(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2014
ANOTHER CODING AGAIN.

I give up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Will Not Make Money Online / Aliko Dangote Plans U.S. Office To Help Diversify Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.