Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183140 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
dazekid:

Lol bruv, I had my hard drive crash and I lost about 400GB in games, all my movies and even software packages. Got fed up with windows and bought a MacBook Pro. Waiting till Uncharted 4 drops to buy a PS4 or 24/7 electricity to build a desktop rig. Whichever comes first.

Lol what did windows do to you?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
kimco:

Lol what did windows do to you?

Showed me pepper bro, thinking about buying some games on my MacBook but the keyboard just doesn't seem like it for gaming to me. Kinda busy at the moment so I am actually cool not gaming for now. Gotta get my money up.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
dazekid:

Showed me pepper bro, thinking about buying some games on my MacBook but the keyboard just doesn't seem like it for gaming to me. Kinda busy at the moment so I am actually cool not gaming for now. Gotta get my money up.

Yep, get ur money, yeah get ur money up. I believe my gaming days myt be coming to an end...seeing as I'm on my way to the army.

which windows do you use?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
kimco:

Yep, get ur money, yeah get ur money up. I believe my gaming days myt be coming to an end...seeing as I'm on my way to the army.

which windows do you use?

First ran windows 8.1 then 7 ultimate(both 64bit) on my qosmio, now I currently run windows 7 professional via parallels on my mac.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
dazekid:

Lol bruv, I had my hard drive crash and I lost about 400GB in games, all my movies and even software packages. Got fed up with windows and bought a MacBook Pro. Waiting till Uncharted 4 drops to buy a PS4 or 24/7 electricity to build a desktop rig. Whichever comes first.
This happened to me just last week. My external hdd crashed. Lost everything. I couldn't even cry. Luckily i've some friends who ve those games. But dat one is until after my examz. I really hope windows fix dis crashing problem wit Win 10. Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 crash a lot and for no reason too
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
kimco:

Well Ade, I've decided to play some old games and see how they hold up today. Jux finished deadspace 1.

How far with you?

My monitor is messing up with me too. I see red pixels that flicker very fast when I have a black background. Green pixels when I have a white background. It seems to come and go jux like that. I hope it can be fixed. I can't afford anything atm.
I'm also playing Dead Space 3 and GTA V(surprisingly, this game runs quite well on my rickety PC). As for ur monitor, i dont know anything bout dat. But doesn't sound like a technical issue tho....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
This happened to me just last week. My external hdd crashed. Lost everything. I couldn't even cry. Luckily i've some friends who ve those games. But dat one is until after my examz. I really hope windows fix dis crashing problem wit Win 10. Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 crash a lot and for no reason too

Yea the struggle bro. Still trying to get my games back. Advanced Warfare, 45GB gone, Mortal Kombat X 33GB na those ones and few others pain me pass cause they took more than one day.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I'm also playing Dead Space 3 and GTA V(surprisingly, this game runs quite well on my rickety PC). As for ur monitor, i dont know anything bout dat. But doesn't sound like a technical issue tho....

Deadspace 3, nice game....forced myself to finish that game. Worth it. As for gta v I must download it asap.

What do you mean by technical issue.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Well we've been quiet here a lot lately angry Kimco, Dazekid, kenomobola waz happening na?? sad

Don't mind me. I've been a little bit busy, and distracted lately.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Djtm(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
I think the problem with Windows has more to do with hardware rather than software.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 18, 2015
dazekid:

Yea the struggle bro. Still trying to get my games back. Advanced Warfare, 45GB gone, Mortal Kombat X 33GB na those ones and few others pain me pass cause they took more than one day.
Omo dats a lot o. Lost Witcher 3, MK X, Dying Light....almost 200gig worth of games
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 18, 2015
kenomobola:

Don't mind me. I've been a little bit busy, and distracted lately.
Fair Enough
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 18, 2015
Djtm:
I think the problem with Windows has more to do with hardware rather than software.
Pls Explain......
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 18, 2015
kimco:

Deadspace 3, nice game....forced myself to finish that game. Worth it. As for gta v I must download it asap.

What do you mean by technical issue.
I mean maybe the monitor isn't bad and the flickering ll stop
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Djtm(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Pls Explain......
Most of the problems people encounter with Windows is due to the hardware running the OS. You'd hardly see people running Windows on Macs complain about the OS.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Djtm:

Most of the problems people encounter with Windows is due to the hardware running the OS. You'd hardly see people running Windows on Macs complain about the OS.
Wat of PCs that come natirally wit windows OS?? I've had two PCs where the OS just crashed witout warning. Lets face it Win 7, 8 & 8.1 are really flawed. Vista was just disgusting. Win XP is probably the last make sense OS that Microsoft ve made. Thats why am hoping and praying Win 10 mkes sense

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Djtm(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Wat of PCs that come natirally wit windows OS?? I've had two PCs where the OS just crashed witout warning. Lets face it Win 7, 8 & 8.1 are really flawed. Vista was just disgusting. Win XP is probably the last make sense OS that Microsoft ve made. Thats why am hoping and praying Win 10 mkes sense
You're missing the point. Run Windows on solid hardware and you'll forget about your HD crashing. I've been using Windows for about 9 years and not once have I had my HD crashing. I used win 8/8.1 for over 2 years and had no problems with it. Not once once. I'm currently running win 10 insider preview and I'm enjoying it. It all depends on your hardware. I have friends complaining everyday about their win 8 and I don't encounter the problems they complain about.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by basille(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Djtm:

You're missing the point. Run Windows on solid hardware and you'll forget about your HD crashing. I've been using Windows for about 9 years and not once have I had my HD crashing. I used win 8/8.1 for over 2 years and had no problems with it. Not once once. I'm currently running win 10 insider preview and I'm enjoying it. It all depends on your hardware. I have friends complaining everyday about their win 8 and I don't encounter the problems they complain about.
What is your hardware specs?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
yeepee!!!!!
Am tru with call of duty advance warfare
Nice storyline 15 chapters in all.

Any good review on cod:Ghost?
\feel like downloading it.

And any good(reasonable storyline) FPS or 3PS games to play
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
ladokuntlad:
yeepee!!!!!

COD;Ghost makes alot of sense too!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:16am On Jul 19, 2015
Djtm:

This is probably a little bit true and is one of the reasons I want to build a windows PC at some point with the best available hardware so I can be sure. I am talking Evo's in RAID 0, Titans in SLI, Xeon OC'd and all. If I experience any crashes at this point, I would have come to a conclusion and would still have an insane rig.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2015
ladokuntlad:
yeepee!!!!!

download any of the sniper Elite series...really badass...metal gear solid series...splinter cell series
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2015
dazekid:

This is probably a little bit true and is one of the reasons I want to build a windows PC at some point with the best available hardware so I can be sure. I am talking Evo's in RAID 0, Titans in SLI, Xeon OC'd and all. If I experience any crashes at this point, I would have come to a conclusion and would still have an insane rig.
Looks like someone wants to be gaming Ultra on 8k resolution cool
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2015
dazekid:

this is a very expensive ambition
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2015
swagifted:
download any of the sniper Elite series...really badass...metal gear solid series...splinter cell series
Sniper elite aint et a good storyline

metal gear make sense die bt played most of it already

splinter cell jst dont av luck on mai side

jst conviction and blacklist has good storyline
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2015
tziz:

COD;Ghost makes alot of sense too!
Downloading rite away
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
swagifted:
this is a very expensive ambition

Yea, the budget for it is about 6k. Just waiting to see if I can get steady power by next year or so, if that becomes a thing then I can start saving towards it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 1:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
dazekid:

Yea, the budget for it is about 6k. Just waiting to see if I can get steady power by next year or so, if that becomes a thing then I can start saving towards it.
6K naira or 6K dollars
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
swagifted:
6K naira or 6K dollars
Dollars na, obviously. Puskin abeg unban me in phones na.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
Get your July edition of GemaZElite Magazine it's absolutely free https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5KxHqLLuaeyTWl3LVdtcmhGMmM

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zyhon96: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2015
Djtm:

The problem is with the windows 8 OS because as long as your hardware meets the recommended/minimum requirement for running the OS, everything should be fine, although a better spec hardware should run it better but you don't need to have a beastly hardware to run a good OS. linus(ubuntu) for example will run on very low specs hardware without any crash whatsoever.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Djtm(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
zyhon96:
The problem is with the windows 8 OS because as long as your hardware meets the recommended/minimum requirement for running the OS, everything should be fine, although a better spec hardware should run it better but you don't need to have a beastly hardware to run a good OS. linus(ubuntu) for example will run on very low specs hardware without any crash whatsoever.

I don't have a beastly hardware and I dual boot win 8 and Ubuntu without hassles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.