Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (188241 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

It's about #184k. It's a little steep, I know, but I want to buy it at a physical store (Idea Konsult). I don't want to go through all the player of online stores. My friend is still going through his own ordeal. 7 months after paying #170k,still no laptop! sad how much did you buy your own computer? And when?
Ah! 170k! 7 months! Na to go burn down their warehouse remain o. Whch online store was it? Dat kind tin especially in 9ja here, na pay on delivery sure pass
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Smooth? Crysis 3? On very high(ultra)? Wit gt 840m? I refuse to believe jor. Oya give us proof
Ha-ha-ha! Mr Adelana, u underestimate the power of a GT-840M?! Hope u knw dis gpu is still recent... March 2014.. Ok, good. Nw, am a strait businessman, see? So we'll hav a bet on this. 5k on either side, i will make a video of me playing Crysis3 on very high settings on my lappy n upload, u and oda pple here will dcide if its smooth enof to play or not. If its playable, u pay me my 5k n if its nt, i pay u. Bet money will be held on ESCROW by an honorable member of dis group pending d bet outcome... Agree or disagree?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

It's about #184k. It's a little steep, I know, but I want to buy it at a physical store (Idea Konsult). I don't want to go through all the player of online stores. My friend is still going through his own ordeal. 7 months after paying #170k,still no laptop! sad how much did you buy your own computer? And when?
What? 170k and no show? Wait, is the shop he bot it frm still standing? Is d manager still alive? Wtf mhen! #smh.
Well, 184k is high to me, wit dt, i'll be getting a better spec on anoda product besides hp, like a core-i7 and mayb a higher gpu in expense of RAM, 6-8gb ram is excellent for gaming, 12gb is a waste IMO. Bought my babygirl in february for 120k frm easyshop.com afta two HPs disappointed me (damn Hp!! angry angry ). I suggest u tke ur time, search well, u'll find a better offer(dats if uv made up ur mind on d hp), it took me 1month, hours of calls locally n internationally, lots of browsing and hours of watching Youtube videos to find a good lappy wit a good price and i rushed it, my lappy is nw 135k on d same easyshop, am glad i took it den. So chill, take ur time, unless u wan regret...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:
@tziz BTW, what Internet service do you use?
I use mtn nw. Buh wen i dwnloaded those games, i used etisalat PayG, dat was bfor it was decommissioned cry
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
tziz:

Ha-ha-ha! Mr Adelana, u underestimate the power of a GT-840M?! Hope u knw dis gpu is still recent... March 2014.. Ok, good. Nw, am a strait businessman, see? So we'll hav a bet on this. 5k on either side, i will make a video of me playing Crysis3 on very high settings on my lappy n upload, u and oda pple here will dcide if its smooth enof to play or not. If its playable, u pay me my 5k n if its nt, i pay u. Bet money will be held on ESCROW by an honorable member of dis group pending d bet outcome... Agree or disagree?
Lool. For u to want to bet, e sure for u be dat. I just dey surprised coz Crysis 3 wasn't very well optimized on pc. And d game na 'hardware-hungry' game. I was of the impression the game wouldn't run smoothly on ultra on any mobile gpu below a gtx 660m....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. For u to want to bet, e sure for u be dat. I just dey surprised coz Crysis 3 wasn't very well optimized on pc. And d game na 'hardware-hungry' game. I was of the impression the game wouldn't run smoothly on ultra on any mobile gpu below a gtx 660m....
Lolzz. Yh really its playable on very high. U are very correct about it being badly optimized on Pc, wen i play on my big screen tv, it crashes somtimes, som buttons on the menu dnt wrk wit the keyboard or my controller. Somtimes wen u enter options to change somtins, u'll hav to completely exit d game and on it again cos d bck button on d menu doesnt wrk anytin, nt surprised dou, wat else dyu expect frm sh.itty EA, a company dt won d title of Worst company in the US! Sh.itty CryEngine too!
As for d "hardware-hungry" part, i must confess, dt gpu really surprises me too, really! Cos i knw core-i5 4210U isnt dt strong, so i jst wonder wat makes d gpu tick..
I can still make n upload d video sha wen am free...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

Nice!! 2015 games on med/high?? Well maybe all these sites that review laptops/GPUs have unrealistic standards... What games do you play on your computer And how were the performances?

Most sites that review games use the highest obtainable settings. Somebody else may have a laptop with a HD screen while another has the same laptop with 1366*768.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

184k seems high for that laptop. Contact me if you're in Lagos, I could try to hook you up with a better deal.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
tziz:

What is your screen resolution?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

I'm surprised you did not even ask what resolution he plays at.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
tziz:

What? 170k and no show? Wait, is the shop he bot it frm still standing? Is d manager still alive? Wtf mhen! #smh.
Well, 184k is high to me, wit dt, i'll be getting a better spec on anoda product besides hp, like a core-i7 and mayb a higher gpu in expense of RAM, 6-8gb ram is excellent for gaming, 12gb is a waste IMO. Bought my babygirl in february for 120k frm easyshop.com afta two HPs disappointed me (damn Hp!! angry angry ). I suggest u tke ur time, search well, u'll find a better offer(dats if uv made up ur mind on d hp), it took me 1month, hours of calls locally n internationally, lots of browsing and hours of watching Youtube videos to find a good lappy wit a good price and i rushed it, my lappy is nw 135k on d same easyshop, am glad i took it den. So chill, take ur time, unless u wan regret...

Wo, that my friend just got himself in a fix ni o. If I was there when he carried out the deal, things most likely won't be like this
Trust me, I've been on this laptop issue for the last 7 months. Everything from mall4africa to best buy to buylaptopsinnigeria. I even looked locally. But there were problems.
1) the naira chose this particular time to drop... sad
2) I started to hear all these things about Nigeria online shopping, plus the fact that konga and jumia sell all these well specd laptops at exorbitant prices!!!
3)i prefer a physical shop, so that I can easily use my warranty. I don't want anything where I can't easily get to their main office
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Ah! 170k! 7 months! Na to go burn down their warehouse remain o. Whch online store was it? Dat kind tin especially in 9ja here, na pay on delivery sure pass

Abi?? My friend was just behaving like a learner ni jor, don't mind the guy. It was a guy that worked out of Ife, and he came here to ibadan with his posters. And my guy went to commit a large portion of the money to this guy, and slowly paid him the rest, without proof of laptop!!! It's very disheartening
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
tziz:

What did hp do to you??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
dazekid:

184k seems high for that laptop. Contact me if you're in Lagos, I could try to hook you up with a better deal.

Alas, that's my greatest problem o. I stay in IB, and that has seriously limited my choices. And I don't have ease of access to Lagos like that like that
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
dazekid:

I'm surprised you did not even ask what resolution he plays at.
Yh! Skipped my mind. It has to be 1366x768 or lower. Anything hihgher is practically suicide for dat gpu
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
dazekid:

We at is your screen resolution?
1366x768.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
tziz:

So you got you computer delivered to you?? Hiiian. I need a review from you o. How long did it take? We're there any hitches? How is their return policy like?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Yh! Skipped my mind. It has to be 1366x768 or lower. Anything hihgher is practically suicide for dat gpu
Yh it is dou, 1366x768
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

So you got you computer delivered to you?? Hiiian. I need a review from you o. How long did it take? We're there any hitches? How is their return policy like?
No hitches at all. I was in lagos den n delivery was supposed to be same day buh i made up my mind late so dey deliverd d next day n i paid on delivery. Der wher new den, mayb dat was wy der wher fast. As for return policy, cnt really tell, buh along d line bfor d delivery of d lappy, i was always chatting wit the marketing manager so we became pals even bfor d lappy came. Even wen d lappy came, d touchpad was partly responsive, i told him n he told me wat to do bout it n all n it wrkd, it was windows prefetch ish. He even invited me to dier office at V.I to com tke som Pc games n i went n met him one on one. Twas a vry cool biz n will do it again wit dem.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
dazekid:

Most sites that review games use the highest obtainable settings. Somebody else may have a laptop with a HD screen while another has the same laptop with 1366*768.

I agree o. They just have very critical reviews. Not really realistic
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

What did hp do to you??
Hp killed me! DV-6000 and DV6 angry angry angry failed me.
Plus every1 i recommended hp to den still yab me. Hp is living on past glory! design is 100% buh durability is undecided
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
DammyOlu123:

Alas, that's my greatest problem o. I stay in IB, and that has seriously limited my choices. And I don't have ease of access to Lagos like that like that

If you're ready to buy now, you can contact me on whatsapp. I can help get one and send it to you.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
HP is rubbish abeg! Acer, dell, toshiba still top the list ahead of HP for me
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
dazekid:

If you're ready to buy now, you can contact me on whatsapp. I can help get one and send it to you.

OK, thanks a lot, but I'm not yet ready o. Still waiting on some things to fall in place, God willing.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I agree.
Plus these two beauties; Asus and Lenovo
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 2:03am On Aug 01, 2015
DammyOlu123:

OK, thanks a lot, but I'm not yet ready o. Still waiting on some things to fall in place, God willing.

No wahala, whenever you're ready, you can hit me up.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 2:08am On Aug 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

This is true, but most noobs don't know. Asus is still pretty much king as far as accessible gaming laptops are concerned. Most people don't even know about MSI sef. *Notice I didn't mention Alienware.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2015
NarnieSnyper:
Hey guys, pls, i need smooth First person shooter games for my Hp laptop.

AMD E2 VISION vrsn
400HDD
Win8

ps: i need the FPS that shows d character and not just his gears(ammo)

thanks

Then u ar looking for TPS(third oerson shooter)
games like tomb raider
splinter cell series and old metal gear solid
and hopefully d new mtgs:ground zero might work too.

http://oceanofgames.com

thats d spot u gonna love visiting
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by DammyOlu123(m): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2015
@tziz don't forget the video you wanted to upload for us o! Lemme see how this graphics card rocks!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
dazekid:

This is true, but most noobs don't know. Asus is still pretty much king as far as accessible gaming laptops are concerned. Most people don't even know about MSI sef. *Notice I didn't mention Alienware.
Lol! I still remember some of my friends who used to and who still literally have hard-ons at the sight of an HP Envy dat goes for like 220k wen dere are better gaming brands dat go for half of dat. Smh.
Anyways, ASUS followed by MSI for me. Alienware is now kind of overrated. Still not bad tho
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lol! I still remember some of my friends who used to and who still literally have hard-ons at the sight of an HP Envy dat goes for like 220k wen dere are better gaming brands dat go for half of dat. Smh.
Anyways, ASUS followed by MSI for me. Alienware is now kind of overrated. Still not bad tho

I get kinda confused though. Is HP's envy line even for gaming PCs I feel like they are just high end laptops that have discrete GPUs some of which happen to be for gaming.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
dazekid:

I get kinda confused though. Is HP's envy line even for gaming PCs I feel like they are just high end laptops that have discrete GPUs some of which happen to be for gaming.
To be frank, its not. 90% of d ENVY's i've seen either ve discrete intel HD's or some very weak dedicated AMD gpu's(dat ll ve better luck running 2010 games on Ultra settings) wit like 12-16 gig of ram and touchscreen. Lool! Na 220k be dat o. More like office and multimedia laptops if u ask me..

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.