Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183178 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by damiosy(m): 1:13pm On May 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

You ordered the GTX960 online? How much did it cost and from where? That's a very good mainstream GPU.

I didn't purchase it separately,it was customized by cyberpower,MSI
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2016
damiosy:

I didn't purchase it separately,it was customized by cyberpower,MSI

Oh ok..nice one
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Hey Gamers in the room, my Pes '16 recently stopped playing and i'v tried everything but it still refuses to play, i need help on what to do about it.

Secondly, i discovered the Pes'16 is kinda slow in gameplay,despite the fact my pc meets the spec. Is anyone also experiencing such or is it just me and is there any solution to this??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
NarnieSnyper:
Hey Gamers in the room, my Pes '16 recently stopped playing and i'v tried everything but it still refuses to play, i need help on what to do about it.

Secondly, i discovered the Pes'16 is kinda slow in gameplay,despite the fact my pc meets the spec. Is anyone also experiencing such or is it just me and is there any solution to this??

More info required
1. What exactly have you tried?
2. How long ago did you notice it was running slow before it stopped working?
3. How long have you owned PES16, when did you first install it?
4. what are your pc specs?
5. What image quality setting do you play pes 16 with?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
AKBliv010:

More info required
1. What exactly have you tried?
2. How long ago did you notice it was running slow before it stopped working?
3. How long have you owned PES16, when did you first install it?
4. what are your pc specs?
5. What image quality setting do you play pes 16 with?

1. I uninstalled it and re-installed, problem persisted.
2. Since the very first day i installed it
3. I first installed it 3weeks ago, a friend gave me the raw file
4. Win10, 4gbRAM,500gb HDD, Vdram 2g, processor 2ghz(AMD), 64bits.
5. I set it to medium(tried 'High' but it didnt tick )
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
NarnieSnyper:

1. I uninstalled it and re-installed, problem persisted.
2. Since the very first day i installed it
3. I first installed it 3weeks ago, a friend gave me the raw file
4. Win10, 4gbRAM,500gb HDD, Vdram 2g, processor 2ghz(AMD), 64bits.
5. I set it to medium(tried 'High' but it didnt tick )

Do you have any error messages when installing or when you try and launch the game?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
AKBliv010:

Do you have any error messages when installing or when you try and launch the game?

first time it did, when re-installed it it did not. It will just display the rotating disk for loading and then stop
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
NarnieSnyper:

first time it did, when re-installed it it did not. It will just display the rotating disk for loading and then stop

We can go through some trial and error methods cos it's a case of elimination. I'm conscious that the mods will jump on our case as this thread isn't for PC issues. Inbox me or create a new topic.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Below are the parts for my rig

Intel core i5 4460k 3.4ghz quad core
Nvidia GTX 970
8Gb of single Vengeance Ram clocked at 1666mhz (I can add another 8gb later when I want)
1tb hard disk.
650W power supply.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dreamking:
Hi peeps I need help im thinking about buying a gaming desktop what would you recommend between these two

PC Case: Sharkoon T28 RED ATX Gaming Case -
Included
Power Supply: Antec 500W 80+ High Performance
Power Supply - Included
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 (3.2GHz, 6M Cache, 4x
Cores, 3.6GHz Turbo)
Heatsink & CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming LGA 1151 DDR4 USB
3.1 MB
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz High Performance
Gaming RAM
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 960 Gaming Twin Frozr V
4GB Overclocked Card
Sound Card: Integrated 7.1 Channel HD Audio -
Included
Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD Upto 500MB/s+
Speed Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM 64MB
Cache HDD
Main Optical Drive: 24x Dual Layer DVD +/- Writer -
Included

AND

AMD FX™ 6300 (3.5GHz, 14M Cache, 6x Cores,
4.1GHz Turbo) Six Core CPU
MSI 970 GAMING AM3+ SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 SLI/
XFire ATX AMD Motherboard
MSI GAMING R9 390 8GB 512bit GDDR5
OVERCLOCKED EDITION RADEON Graphics Card
Choice Of Gaming Case
Antec 700W 80+ High Performance Power Supply
8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz High Performance
Gaming RAM with Heat Spreader
256GB SSD Upto 500MB/s + Speed Ultra-Fast
Solid State Drive (OS DRIVE)
24X Dual Layer DVD Writer
Built-in 8-Channel High Definition Audio
Gigabit LAN Card

I live in South Africa and these pcs are easy to come by...thankfully

The first is slightly better, but I would tell you to wait since Nvidia just released their new cards and so the current cards will become even cheaper. Then you can go for a GTX 970. Also you can get a more powerful powersupply. I always go minimum of 650w. That overhead will helo you. You don't need an SSD. My PC starts up in like 6 seconds and games load up fast. Do you need a DVD writer. that is a relic of the past and extra unnecessary cost. You can make sure the motherboard supports Sli so that in the future you can add another graphics card to double up performance. Run away from AMD processors.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
sirliu:

Nvidia GTX 970
8Gb of single Vengeance Ram clocked at 1666mhz (I can add another 8gb later when I want)
1tb hard disk.
650W power supply.
Nice!!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
sirliu:

Nvidia GTX 970
1tb hard disk.
650W power supply.

Intel don't have a 4460K. Do you mean the 4460? oh and do you also mean 1866MHz RAM? grin
What motherboard are you getting?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
sirliu:

The first is slightly better, but I would tell you to wait since Nvidia just released their new cards and so the current cards will become even cheaper. Then you can go for a GTX 970. Also you can get a more powerful powersupply. I always go minimum of 650w. That overhead will helo you. You don't need an SSD. My PC starts up in like 6 seconds and games load up fast. Do you need a DVD writer. that is a relic of the past and extra unnecessary cost. You can make sure the motherboard supports Sli so that in the future you can add another graphics card to double up performance. Run away from AMD processors.

AMD processors are very good value for money tbh but it all boils down to preference. For instance, paired with a GTX 970, the latest i5-6600K+Asus Sabertooth Z170 mobo will set you back around £350 but the FX8320 + M5A97 mobo will set you back £145 BUT the intel/asus combo will deliver an average of 50% gaming performance increase at a cost 190% more...not so great when you look at it like that.
I call BS with the PC start up without an SSD in 6 seconds...heck I get around 10 seconds with the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD.

I would post a link of the benchmark in another subsequent post
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 8:46am On Jun 08, 2016
Download Fraps here http://www.fraps.com/download.php. It is a tool that shows you how many frames per second your game is running at. You just start it and it displays a number at the top left corner of your screen. You should be targeting an average fps of 30fps and an ideal of 60fps for really smooth gameplay. If the scores are dipping to below 25fps, then reduces some of the settings to get better performance. Anisotropic filtering or AA, texture detail and resolution are the biggest memory drains. You should also drop shadow quality to get playable framerates.

NarnieSnyper:

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks.

AdeLaNa1:
Nice!!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 8:58am On Jun 08, 2016
They do have the 4460k. It is the overclockable edition of the 4460. About the RAM, yes. I was typing really fast and didn't correct it. I will check the model number, but it is a gigabyte motherboard.

AKBliv010:

Intel don't have a 4460K. Do you mean the 4460? oh and do you also mean 1866MHz RAM? grin
What motherboard are you getting?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2016
sirliu:
They do have the 4460k. It is the overclockable edition of the 4460. About the RAM, yes. I was typing really fast and didn't correct it. I will check the model number, but it is a gigabyte motherboard.

Can it SLI?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2016
No it doesn't I don't bother with SLI because I'm still gaming on a 1080p monitor and the 970 is already overkill for 99% of games at that resolution. The only thing I think about is whether to run my game at 60 fps or 30 fps. I'm planning to get the GTX 1070 when it finally comes out. The performance is higher than a titan x and it costs far less than half the price of the titan x or 980 ti. Even Nvidia don't really recommend SLI anymore.
swagifted:

Can it SLI?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
sirliu:

Unless I'm missing something,not on Intels website. It doesn't exist. If you have one then show it overclocked. Not the turbo boost clockof 3.4ghz...It may be overclockable using the BCLK but not the multiplier..but lets see what you've got.

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 09, 2016
The Gtx 1080 in SLI conifig. Looks gorgeous cheesy cheesy

Cant wait to build my first PC!!

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 2:07am On Jun 09, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

FInger looking good...Nvidia have always had the edgy look..AMD play it too safe lol
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Just checked my rig yesterday, there was a mixup. My previous rig used an i5-4460 paired with a GTX 760 which I sold ending of last year to build my current rig. The current rig uses an i5-4670k.

AKBliv010:

Unless I'm missing something,not on Intels website. It doesn't exist. If you have one then show it overclocked. Not the turbo boost clockof 3.4ghz...It may be overclockable using the BCLK but not the multiplier..but lets see what you've got.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Santoscity(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
sirliu:
No it doesn't I don't bother with SLI because I'm still gaming on a 1080p monitor and the 970 is already overkill for 99% of games at that resolution. The only thing I think about is whether to run my game at 60 fps or 30 fps. I'm planning to get the GTX 1070 when it finally comes out. The performance is higher than a titan x and it costs far less than half the price of the titan x or 980 ti. Even Nvidia don't really recommend SLI anymore.

The fact that nvidia said it is faster than a Titan x doesn't mean that it performs better in real life gaming they may be talking about the indeed faster vram which is the fastest gddr5 vram it may just be wise PR stunts just like the 1080's demo with the 67° they may have packed like 12 fans in the test bench for all we know now look everyone is complaining for the temps we all no that vram is not all that matters but who cares people are still going to buy it cause its 'faster than a Titan x can't wait for polaris RX480.

The reason nvidia is pulling off all this stunt is because the feel they don't have competition that's why we need to stop giving in into all their PR stunts and indeed go for the better and more valued product.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
Santoscity:

The fact that nvidia said it is faster than a Titan x doesn't mean that it performs better in real life gaming they may be talking about the indeed faster vram which is the fastest gddr5 vram it may just be wise PR stunts just like the 1080's demo with the 67° they may have packed like 12 fans in the test bench for all we know now look everyone is complaining for the temps we all no that vram is not all that matters but who cares people are still going to buy it cause its 'faster than a Titan x can't wait for polaris RX480.

@Bolded that's what AKBliv010 is waiting for
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by culirefm0nst4r: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

Meh, it's needless anyways
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by culirefm0nst4r: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Santoscity:

The reason nvidia is pulling off all this stunt is because the feel they don't have competition that's why we need to stop giving in into all their PR stunts and indeed go for the better and more valued product.

Hehe... It's no PR stunt... Nvidia slams, maybe more expensive but, well... A Veyron is more expensive than a Galardo
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2016
culirefm0nst4r:

Hehe... It's no PR stunt... Nvidia slams, maybe more expensive but, well... A Veyron is more expensive than a Galardo

Nvidia are known for their PR Stunt.

The GTX970 had 3.5GB usuable not 4GB..they lied
Maxwell architecture does not support async compute, they said it did.
For all I know the GTX1080 was running on max fan speed on an open test bench to hit those low load temps and that wasn't a proper gaming load...PR stunt. Following some testing after it's release, the 1080 runs at 82C out of the box, until one sets a new fan profile shocked

Nvidia make excellent products but capitalises on its very strong mind share and they are milking it...how can the reference card be $100 more just because it's now called the Founders Edition?...that's robbery because they know people will buy it just to have the latest. It's the same with Intel.

Nvidia will have a hard time in the future and I'll tell you why. AMD owns the console market, PS4, XBox one and now Nintendo, which means game developers are developing games using AMD architecture. DX12, Vulkan (based on AMD's own Mantle, which has similar techniques to what developers use on the console) brings out the best in AMD GPU architecture and also thrives on using more CPU cores (AMD have a very affordable 8 core CPU - FX8350 ,FX9590 albeit it's 4-5 years old they are power hungry CPU's but Zen will fix all that). In the near future, I believe games will natively have better optimisation on AMD GPU's/CPU's.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2016
lepagawu:

@Bolded that's what AKBliv010 is waiting for

After giving it some thought, I'm going to skip this generation and wait to see what Vega offers. The RX480 is rumoured to give around the same performance as the 390/390X (mine are the 290X) so not far off in terms of performance. The very big difference is power consumption. The RX480 is rated at up to 150W (the 6 pin connector can deliver 75W and the PCIe slot can deliver 75W making total of 150W) , mine the 290X is rated at up to 300W [8Pin (150W)+6pin (75W)+ PCie(75W)].

If I was building new then that means I can buy a cheaper power supply that has less rating for the RX480 but already having a big one,there's no need to, if I can call it, sidegrade.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
AKBliv010:

-deleted
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
AKBliv010:

Nvidia are known for their PR Stunt.

The GTX970 had 3.5GB usuable not 4GB..they lied
Maxwell architecture does not support async compute, they said it did.
For all I know the GTX1080 was running on max fan speed on an open test bench to hit those low load temps and that wasn't a proper gaming load...PR stunt. Following some testing after it's release, the 1080 runs at 82C out of the box, until one sets a new fan profile shocked

Nvidia make excellent products but capitalises on its very strong mind share and they are milking it...how can the reference card be $100 more just because it's now called the Founders Edition?...that's robbery because they know people will buy it just to have the latest. It's the same with Intel.

Nvidia will have a hard time in the future and I'll tell you why. AMD owns the console market, PS4, XBox one and now Nintendo, which means game developers are developing games using AMD architecture. DX12, Vulkan (based on AMD's own Mantle, which has similar techniques to what developers use on the console) brings out the best in AMD GPU architecture and also thrives on using more CPU cores (AMD have a very affordable 8 core CPU - FX8350 ,FX9590 albeit it's 4-5 years old they are power hungry CPU's but Zen will fix all that). In the near future, I believe games will natively have better optimisation on AMD GPU's/CPU's.

Agreed, though gaming isn't the only place nvidia rules, they also own CGI and graphics, beating nvidia would take hard work and I mean hard fuckîng work...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
LucemFerre:

Agreed, though gaming isn't the only place nvidia rules, they also own CGI and graphics, beating nvidia would take hard work and I mean hard fuckîng work...
nvidia de design graphic software apparatus for NASA and co... it is not a joking sturvs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.