Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (184032 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
LucemFerre:

Agreed, though gaming isn't the only place nvidia rules, they also own CGI and graphics, beating nvidia would take hard work and I mean hard fuckîng work...
[quote author=swagifted post=46452600] nvidia de design graphic software apparatus for NASA and co... it is not a joking sturvs.

Nvidia generates far more revenue and have far more resources than AMD so overall, Nvidia can't be beaten in terms of financial position by AMD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
Talking about a power hungry GPU - 4 8pins for a total up to 600W shocked
cc LucemFerre
cc lepagawu
cc Adelana1
cc swagifted

1 Share

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
AKBliv010:
cc LucemFerre
cc lepagawu
cc Adelana1
cc swagifted

I thought it was supposed to be "power to the people" not "power to the GPU"

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
AKBliv010:
cc LucemFerre
cc lepagawu
cc Adelana1
cc swagifted

That's a R390x I suppose or 290 I don't know, I just know devil 13 are amd cards...
That's the reason why amd temperatures are high... They keep multiplying transistors that requires more power and emit heat that would subconsciously make your ears to always pay attention to the fan noise... Well, I guess something's gotta be different, right...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
LucemFerre:

That's a R390x I suppose or 290 I don't know, I just know devil 13 are amd cards...
That's the reason why amd temperatures are high... They keep multiplying transistors that requires more power and emit heat that would subconsciously make your ears to always pay attention to the fan noise... Well, I guess something's gotta be different, right...

Yea, failed to mention that. You're right it's a 290X and uses up 3 PCI slots, that's how massive it is lol
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2016
AKBliv010:
cc LucemFerre
cc lepagawu
cc Adelana1
cc swagifted

This is the era of change oo .. 1kwh of electricity is now 26.5naira.... Go green.. Lol. Efficiency in power consumption is major key.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Santoscity(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
Its quite interesting how savvy Nigerians now are but now its just the availability of these resources in which to use our knowledge or lack of it that is the problem its really exciting now nobody can cheat us again can't wait for Africa to blow BIG in tech!!!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
AKBliv010:
cc LucemFerre
cc lepagawu
cc Adelana1
cc swagifted

Lol. With all that horse power just for one gpu, my games better be running comfortably at 60fps on ultra and 4k settings. I cant be running 600W on a gpu and still be pulling crappy frames/s grin grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
culirefm0nst4r:

Meh, it's needless anyways
I agree tho. Except u want to constantly run games on high/ultra at 4k, Sli/crossfire configs na overkill

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lol. With all that horse power just for one gpu, my games better be running comfortably at 60fps on ultra and 4k settings. I cant be running 600W on a gpu and still be pulling crappy frames/s grin grin
Haha! this item will rot on eBay...no sensible person will buy this now
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I agree tho. Except u want to constantly run games on high/ultra at 4k, Sli/crossfire configs na overkill

Yea, plus not all games support multiple gpus... As a matter of fact, most games don't...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2016
AKBliv010:

Haha! this item will rot on eBay...no sensible person will buy this now

Hehe... Ebay... I saw what you did there
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
LucemFerre:
Hehe... Ebay... I saw what you did there
You've lost me... undecided
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
AKBliv010:

You've lost me... undecided

Haha... Nvm... Maybe I over thought...
I thought you where metaphorically asserting that even people who bought it would be trying to sell it... Cuz That's one of the major things ebay's for... Like I said... I over thought lipsrsealed
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by sirliu(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Santoscity:

The fact that nvidia said it is faster than a Titan x doesn't mean that it performs better in real life gaming they may be talking about the indeed faster vram which is the fastest gddr5 vram it may just be wise PR stunts just like the 1080's demo with the 67° they may have packed like 12 fans in the test bench for all we know now look everyone is complaining for the temps we all no that vram is not all that matters but who cares people are still going to buy it cause its 'faster than a Titan x can't wait for polaris RX480.

The reason nvidia is pulling off all this stunt is because the feel they don't have competition that's why we need to stop giving in into all their PR stunts and indeed go for the better and more valued product.

Well, the benchmarks are out on youtube and it does indeed outperform both the titan x and 980ti, so it's not an Nvidia stunt.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
sirliu:

Well, the benchmarks are out on youtube and it does indeed outperform both the titan x and 980ti, so it's not an Nvidia stunt.

The stunt was in the 67 C when clocked at 2GHz+...that was just a big fat lie. Moving from 28nm to 16nm Finfet, there was no doubt it'd be faster than the 980TI/Titan X.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 7:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Black Ops III Max setting, 110% Render resolution - and that's just only one of my 290X' being used. It uses 3.8GB of VRAM and 8.9GB of system RAM. >60FPS avg (in open areas), in closed areas 70FPS+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
I need to admit, with all this setting you posted your rig is actually a "MONSTER". I am looking forward to building my own custom rig, was actually playing Witcher 3 on my laptop (Asus Core i7, 16gb Ram, Nvidia GTX 850m 2gb dedicated) but I wasn't really feeling the game cause of the limits on the graphics, so had to uninstall it pending when I have a rig that I can fully utilize its GPU.
If I need to get something similar to your rig, how much will I be looking at (I feel consoles have some limitations on this).
Awaiting your response ASAP. Thanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
AKBliv010:
Black Ops III Max setting, 110% Render resolution - and that's just only one of my 290X' being used. It uses 3.8GB of VRAM and 8.9GB of system RAM. >60FPS avg (in open areas), in closed areas 70FPS+

I need to admit, with all this setting you posted your rig is actually a "MONSTER". I am looking forward to building my own custom rig, was actually playing Witcher 3 on my laptop (Asus Core i7, 16gb Ram, Nvidia GTX 850m 2gb dedicated) but I wasn't really feeling the game cause of the limits on the graphics, so had to uninstall it pending when I have a rig that I can fully utilize its GPU.
If I need to get something similar to your rig, how much will I be looking at (I feel consoles have some limitations on this).
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wizzoe360:

Yea, Witcher 3 is a demanding game. For a decent rig, you'll be looking at N150K+ ...watch out for the new XBOX One Scorpio, it look like a killer. The GPU in the new XBox has 6Teraflops compute power conpared to approx 5.5 Teraflops in one of my 290X.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
AKBliv010:

Yea, Witcher 3 is a demanding game. For a decent rig, you'll be looking at N150K+ ...watch out for the new XBOX One Scorpio, it look like a killer. The GPU in the new XBox has 6Teraflops compute power conpared to approx 5.5 Teraflops in one of my 290X.

Around 150k region? Was actually expecting to exceed that amount. What graphic card are you looking at? I am already used to Nvidia, don't know if AMD got what it takes. Please kindly do the breakdown.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 12:07am On Jun 24, 2016
Wizzoe360:

Around 150k region? Was actually expecting to exceed that amount. What graphic card are you looking at? I am already used to Nvidia, don't know if AMD got what it takes. Please kindly do the breakdown.

See the link with the leaked performance of the AMD RX 480 in my previous post...AMD has what it takes

See price breakdown, less 20% (UK Taxes), you have a base amount of £470 but then you'll have to consider shipping and all.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jvm8KZ
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2016
Hehe... "...dont know if AMD got what it takes...?" that's fuckîng funny (no offence)
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2016
LucemFerre:
Hehe... "...dont know if AMD got what it takes...?" that's fuckîng funny (no offence)

Looking back at the previous posts it sounds funny actually. He'd admitted that the settings I posted up with an AMD R9 290X made the system a "Monster" but asks if AMD have got what it takes. grin grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

Looking back at the previous posts it sounds funny actually. He'd admitted that the settings I posted up with an AMD R9 290X made the system a "Monster" but asks if AMD have got what it takes. grin grin

Haha... I know, right
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

Very funny smiley, well I did not know that it was an AMD, just saw your screenshot and I made a comment.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Wizzoe360:

Very funny smiley, well I did not know that it was an AMD, just saw your screenshot and I made a comment.

grin...we all here to share info, don't sweat it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by abaegbelu: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
@ Wizzoe

I have an ROG of about same config as yours but it just wont come on after some PHCN effect (so painful).
I suspect power issues but i dont know any other owner within my areas (PH or ABJ) so i could swap chargers or batteries
to be sure before i go on to spend on new parts. Can you assist? Please.
Wizzoe360:

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2016
abaegbelu:
@ Wizzoe

I have an ROG of about same config as yours but it just wont come on after some PHCN effect (so painful).
I suspect power issues but i dont know any other owner within my areas (PH or ABJ) so i could swap chargers or batteries
to be sure before i go on to spend on new parts. Can you assist? Please.

Ok, but my laptop version has a sealed battery i.e I cant remove the battery, but will send the screenshot of my charger.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by abaegbelu: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
Many thanks. I will be expecting.

Wizzoe360:

Ok, but my laptop version has a sealed battery i.e I cant remove the battery, but will send the screenshot of my charger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.