Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183957 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
Chuk77:

I'm wondering the same bro...

no mind the guy.. he is always like that .. he loves using offensive words but deep down he is just a saint

here is my configuration by the way

alienware

3.5GHZ core i7 6th generation

16GB RAM

GTX 970 ( 3GB RAM)

1TB + 128GB SSD

4K // 17 INCHES

i can play graphics demanding game for longer.. unlike yours due to your core i5 over the beast (1060 gtx )
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Silkmoth33:
cheesy grin grin

The fish still dey there they make himself feel better with ambiguous statements.

1)The fish initially said, "My processor is faster than some core i7s out there, and it's not really about the number" then he gave a sample of how his processor almost(which can never kill a bird) surpassed a core i7's spec. grin Negating his initial statement.

2)He(the fish) then went on to add that he can overclock it if he wants, grin in a bid to meet up with the specs of the core i7. grin Somebody should help me tell him that he should compare that i5 or i3 overclocked with an overclocked i7.

3)To tell u how little this guy knows about gaming. His idea of a game that is demanding is gta5, grin rétarded mugu. Furthermore he duffed off whatever respect left that would have saved him, by adding that he has no need for a higher processor right now.

Can u imagine the otondo?

Its quite unfortunate that people display such lack of common sense in such a public forum. I said the processor isn't as important as the graphics card when it comes to gaming. I never said a core i5 is more powerful than a core i7. I only said paying the extra money for an i7 wasn't really worth it for me as I don't make use of processor demanding software. Let me give you an instance, here they compared the core i5 6600K with a core i7 6700K and they both finished with a score of 8.2 and considering this particular core i7 costs $210 (N100,000) more than the core i5, it just didn't make sense for me.
Do you even know how many variations these CPUs have? Each CPU has multiple variants but I don''t expect you to know that, your ignorance is glaring for everybody to see. Let me take you to school. My laptop uses a core i5-4210U which is clocked at 1.70GHZ. My Desktop uses a core i5-6600K which is clocked at 3.5GHz. Both core i5s but both are very different. But someone like you will say they are both i5 simply because of ignorance.

Do you even know what a nvidia gtx 1060 is? Have you heard of it? Do you know what it can do? Judging from your comment, its obvious you have no idea. Its a shame really. But we than God for the people who made this forum. It gives us the platform to enlighten the less enlightened. Guy the graphics card alone costs 150k. That's probably more expensive than the lame laptop you're using costs. That's if you even have one. Don't come here and talk to me about computer parts. Like I said, I built my PC from scratch. Part by part. I picked every single part the way I wanted to. You'd think someone capable of doing that should know what he's talking about.

Please post your system specs for all to see. *Getting ready for a good laugh* grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2017

3 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Singapore1:

no mind the guy.. he is always like that .. he loves using offensive words but deep down he is just a saint

here is my configuration by the way

alienware

3.5GHZ core i7 6th generation

16GB RAM

GTX 970 ( 3GB RAM)

1TB + 128GB SSD

4K // 17 INCHES

i can play graphics demanding game for longer.. unlike yours due to your core i5 over the beast (1060 gtx )

I've always been a fan of alienware. But I discovered that building your own computer is always going to be cheaper than getting a branded one with the same specs and it allows for more customization. And I also noticed that the laptop versions of graphics cards tend to differ from the PC ones and are often less powerful (my gtx 1060 almost weighs as much as my laptop and comes with 2 fans just for cooling itself lol). Personally, while I do play games, I'm not an intensive gamer. I don't really have as much time for gaming as I used (sad). I use the computer for work mostly and luckily for me the computer specifications for the line of work I do also match up with a gaming rig. I do a lot of graphics work...3D modelling in 3ds max, Unity and Unreal Engine 4 (which is used for creating games cheesy) just to mention a few.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
Chuk77:

I've always been a fan of alienware. But I discovered that building your own computer is always going to be cheaper than getting a branded one with the same specs and it allows for more customization. And I also noticed that the laptop versions of graphics cards tend to differ from the PC ones and are often less powerful (my gtx 1060 almost weighs as much as my laptop and comes with 2 fans just for cooling itself lol). Personally, while I do play games, I'm not an intensive gamer. I don't really have as much time for gaming as I used (sad). I use the computer for work mostly and luckily for me the computer specifications for the line of work I do also match up with a gaming rig. I do a lot of graphics work...3D modelling in 3ds max, Unity and Unreal Engine 4 (which is used for creating games cheesy) just to mention a few.

alienware graphics is different from other graphics too ( dekstop standard ).. i cant build laptop, i move around alot

starting my own 3d modelling lesson soon ( i have little experience before, much experiece in 2d though )
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
This just made my day grin grin grin grin
Chuk77:

Its quite unfortunate that people display such lack of common sense in such a public forum. I said the processor isn't as important as the graphics card when it comes to gaming. I never said a core i5 is more powerful than a core i7. I only said paying the extra money for an i7 wasn't really worth it for me as I don't make use of processor demanding software. Let me give you an instance, here they compared the core i5 6600K with a core i7 6700K and they both finished with a score of 8.2 and considering this particular core i7 costs $210 (N100,000) more than the core i5, it just didn't make sense for me.
Do you even know how many variations these CPUs have? Each CPU has multiple variants but I don''t expect you to know that, your ignorance is glaring for everybody to see. Let me take you to school. My laptop uses a core i5-4210U which is clocked at 1.70GHZ. My Desktop uses a core i5-6600K which is clocked at 3.5GHz. Both core i5s but both are very different. But someone like you will say they are both i5 simply because of ignorance.

Do you even know what a nvidia gtx 1060 is? Have you heard of it? Do you know what it can do? Judging from your comment, its obvious you have no idea. Its a shame really. But we than God for the people who made this forum. It gives us the platform to enlighten the less enlightened. Guy the graphics card alone costs 150k. That's probably more expensive than the lame laptop you're using costs. That's if you even have one. Don't come here and talk to me about computer parts. Like I said, I built my PC from scratch. Part by part. I picked every single part the way I wanted to. You'd think someone capable of doing that should know what he's talking about.

Please post your system specs for all to see. *Getting ready for a good laugh* grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
Singapore1:

Saint ko sinner ni grin
I do have a knack for bringing ppl down from the false perception they usually have of themselves. grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 9:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
Silkmoth33:

Saint ko sinner ni grin
I do have a knack for bringing ppl down from the false perception they usually have of themselves. grin

grin grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Singapore1 I'm not the bad guy here oh!!!

I'm simply putting a mouse back in it's hole as I always do.

Even that day that u were caught in btw me and the guy that sold u ur alienware. grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 11:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
Patiently waiting for your computer specs bro a.k.a. Mr mouse chaser grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
Wow 10days and counting.........does he even have a pc? grin grin grin grin grin

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chuk77:
You guys have relatively good laptops/PCs. Still yet to see anybody that has specs anywhere close to mine though grin grin

Custom built (by me)

Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k @3.50Ghz
Storage: 2 x 1TB HDD + 225 SSD. (2.25TB Total)
System RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1060 (6Gb Dedicated graphics)

E no try?

See my signature.

You on facebook? You've got the join the group PC gamers group bro Enthusiast PC Gamerz - https://www./988670654557869/
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chuk77:

I said the processor isn't as important as the graphics card when it comes to gaming.

It is game dependent though and also depends on the area in the game too. True story, I have a friend in 9ja. i5-6600K+GTX1070 when playing Battlefield 1 at stock frequency 3.9Ghz, his CPU was using 100% of the CPU power limiting it's performance. I took my i7-6700K, underclocked it to 3.9GHZ but left hyperthreading active and my CPU @ 3.9GHz utilized 60% of the CPU.

So they are both important as some scenes are GPU-bound and others CPU-bound..real time processing of particles is done by the CPU which you'll find in explosions, destruction (which aren't pre-recorded) etc.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
AKBliv010:

It is game dependent though and also depends on the area in the game too. True story, I have a friend in 9ja. i5-6600K+GTX1070 when playing Battlefield 1 at stock frequency 3.9Ghz, his CPU was using 100% of the CPU power limiting it's performance. I took my i7-6700K, underclocked it to 3.9GHZ but left hyperthreading active and my CPU @ 3.9GHz utilized 60% of the CPU.

So they are both important as some scenes are GPU-bound and others CPU-bound..real time processing of particles is done by the CPU which you'll find in explosions, destruction (which aren't pre-recorded) etc.

True, they all have their own areas of importance and generally, the more you spend on the rig the more power you're getting. Its just that when you're working with a budget I'd rather have a core i5 and 1060 (6GB) than a core i7 and a lower powered graphics card like a gtx 1050 (4gb). That's just the point I was trying to make
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
Chuk77:

True, they all have their own areas of importance and generally, the more you spend on the rig the more power you're getting. Its just that when you're working with a budget I'd rather have a core i5 and 1060 (6GB) than a core i7 and a lower powered graphics card like a gtx 1050 (4gb). That's just the point I was trying to make

In a gaming scenario, yes the i5+1060 is a more balanced build but if you are streaming gameplay of like world of warcraft the i7+1050ti will offer a better experience as video encoding is performed on the CPU and the hyperthreading available on the i7 will shine.

So you see creating a scenario where your setup favours it isn't always a good basis for a discussion.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
AKBliv010:

See my signature.

You on facebook? You've got the join the group PC gamers group bro Enthusiast PC Gamerz - https://www./988670654557869/

Will do
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
AKBliv010:

In a gaming scenario, yes the i5+1060 is a more balanced build but if you are streaming gameplay of like world of warcraft the i7+1050ti will offer a better experience as video encoding is performed on the CPU and the hyperthreading available on the i7 will shine.

So you see creating a scenario where your setup favours it isn't always a good basis for a discussion.

LOL, my setup favours what I do. And no, I'm not creating a scenario, its my reality. I built it to favour me and not anyone else. I don't stream and I don't make use of video encoding programs/games. Personally, I'd rather spend more on the graphics card than the processor as I have more graphic card intensive programs which I make use of. If I had a need to lean towards more processing power I would have done that. I need more graphics power in 3D modelling as opposed to 3D rendering. Rendering is more CPU intensive. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just explaining the reasons behind the specs I chose. This is a personal decision, everybody has their own preferences when it comes to specifications.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
AKBliv010:

Do u also stream??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
Lana1:
Do u also stream??
No as much as I'd like too end up spending more time messing with hardware instead and power flow simulations. Got a gaming page on youtube and facebook though.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
AKBliv010:

world of Warcraft, seriously..nothing else to use?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
swagifted:
world of Warcraft, seriously..nothing else to use?
I won't be writing a list na lol
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 10:06am On Feb 26, 2017
AKBliv010:

No as much as I'd like too end up spending more time messing with hardware instead and power flow simulations. Got a gaming page on youtube and facebook though.
Lol. Constantly tinkering with hardware and settings is the curse of a PC gamer. Try twitch na...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by opestein: 3:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
AKBliv010:

I won't be writing a list na lol
Checked ur signature and am like W.T.F.
Is u a game developer?
That's one hell of a crazy configuration
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
opestein:

Checked ur signature and am like W.T.F.
Is u a game developer?
That's one hell of a crazy configuration
Naahh, just an Engineering student/ into Building refurbishment/PC Enthusiast
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
AKBliv010:

Naahh, just an Engineering student/ into Building refurbishment/PC Enthusiast

Surely you must be using those specs for more than just gaming? Last time I checked the 1080 was around $600 USD
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
Chuk77:

Surely you must be using those specs for more than just gaming? Last time I checked the 1080 was around $600 USD
Hell yea, GTX 1080 for no compromise gaming at 3440x1440 monitor resolution. i7 for gaming and simulation control systems in MATLAB/PLECS
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
GTX 1080 for no-compromise gaming at 3440x1440. i7 delivers at gaming and simulating power conditoning systems and control loops in MATLAB.
Chuk77:

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2017
AKBliv010:

but isnt using 60% indicative of a gpu bottleneck?

in the case of the i5 what was the gpu usage as well?

[/quote]
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2017
opestein:
Checked ur signature and am like W.T.F. Is u a game developer? That's one hell of a crazy configuration
he's a mad scientist i swear.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:07am On Apr 02, 2017
sad news on my end....my gtx 780 had the artifact of death and now im gpu-less. planning on buying the r9 480 next.

i dont trust nvidia anymore and i hate evga
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2017
kimco:

but isnt using 60% indicative of a gpu bottleneck?
in the case of the i5 what was the gpu usage as well?

Here's a pic of the system with the i5-6600k and GTX1070. You tell me what you think? CPU pegged at 100% is a bottleneck situation. With hyperthreading(8 threads active) on an i7-6700K underclocked to 3.9GHz, CPU usage was at 60%

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.