Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183669 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by wman(m): 1:10am On Aug 29, 2018
You made very solid points Lana1. The RTX thing is still new and developers may not get it right for proper optimization till the PS5 era.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2018
Lana1:

Heh! What can I say. With a big company like Nvidia they must have a top notch sales experts. They understand human psychology and they know that people always wanna show off. It's really not about ray-tracing or personal appeal. It's about superiority. Na ego go kill us.
That's the advantage of console gaming. You don't have hard wares shoved up your face every year to hound your ego and make you feel inferior.

You are right though, when playing games I don't even have the time to notice a damn reflection. Performance will always top looks. But, unfortunately the majority of PC gamers don't see it that way.

Left for me I would still buy a Titan X/XP if I could afford it because I really need those 12gigs, the architecture was made with 3D artists in mind and it was a well thought gpu.
About the 10 series acting up. Well, I haven't used any of them but, I hear the same thing. And it is understandable considering they're still cheaper than old titan cards. The rtx 20 series are expensive to I think they would be true 4k cards

But the 20 series specs are bloody tempting grin
Faster than a 1080 by 37% and the 1080ti by 7%?

Personally, I don't think the 20 series are made with only gamers in mind though because of the prize tag. They used game as an advert strategy because they wouldn't wanna outrightly come out and say "Miners we got you."
Don't mind them, let them keep bringing out their rubbish every year. I know what I know and I'm gonna buy what I will.

That's what I think.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2018
LucemFerre:

Heh! What can I say. With a big company like Nvidia they must have a top notch sales experts. They understand human psychology and they know that people always wanna show off. It's really not about ray-tracing or personal appeal. It's about superiority. Na ego go kill us.
That's the advantage of console gaming. You don't have hard wares shoved up your face every year to hound your ego and make you feel inferior.

You are right though, when playing games I don't even have the time to notice a damn reflection. Performance will always top looks. But, unfortunately the majority of PC gamers don't see it that way.
I doubt this. Except it's an adventure/RPG, most gamers usually play their games on low presets even if their hardware is made up of a 1080ti and 6700k cpu. It's all about getting the best performance possible....coz more fps = less input lag(but this is discussion for another time).

Left for me I would still buy a Titan X/XP if I could afford it because I really need those 12gigs, the architecture was made with 3D artists in mind and it was a well thought gpu.
About the 10 series acting up. Well, I haven't used any of them but, I hear the same thing. And it is understandable considering they're still cheaper than old titan cards. The rtx 20 series are expensive to I think they would be true 4k cards

But the 20 series specs are bloody tempting grin
Faster than a 1080 by 37% and the 1080ti by 7%?
The pricing of the turing gpus is around the same as the pascal ones.....maybe about $100 more expensive and whether they'll be perfect for 4k gaming is left to be seen....tho with the performance numbers being quoted and initial benchmarks, that may very well be the case.

I'm more interested in the gtx 2060 tho. Rumoured to be around the 1080 in performance, maybe even slightly better, it's perfectly set up to be the best price-performance card of all the turing cards. That's like paying 300-400 for a slightly upgraded 1080.

Personally, I don't think the 20 series are made with only gamers in mind though because of the prize tag. They used game as an advert strategy because they wouldn't wanna outrightly come out and say "Miners we got you."
Don't mind them, let them keep bringing out their rubbish every year. I know what I know and I'm gonna buy what I will.

That's what I think.
If this is the case, then why don't they just make separate gpus for gamers and miners. This mining thing has only made the price of cards skyrocket. Not everybody cares about that shît. Some of us just wanna play our games and have a good time...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 11:10am On Aug 29, 2018
wman:
You made very solid points Lana1. The RTX thing is still new and developers may not get it right for proper optimization till the PS5 era.
True.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 11:31am On Aug 29, 2018
Lana1:
I doubt this. Except it's an adventure/RPG, most gamers usually play their games on low presets even if their hardware is made up of a 1080ti and 6700k cpu. It's all about getting the best performance possible....coz more fps = less input lag(but this is discussion for another time).

Then you don't know many high-end graphic card owners. I know someone who wants to get the 2080ti because he has 2 4K displays and 1080ti can't handle that at 60fps
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2018
Lana1:

If this is the case, then why don't they just make separate gpus for gamers and miners. This mining thing has only made the price of cards skyrocket. Not everybody cares about that shît. Some of us just wanna play our games and have a good time...

That's what I'm saying... Any price tag could be slapped on a gpu because it's gonna get bought
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by jorhney(m): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2018
any pc gamer in akure?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by purplekayc(m): 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
jorhney:
any pc gamer in akure?
u wanna swap or sell games?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by jorhney(m): 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
purplekayc:
u wanna swap or sell games?

buy
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Wizzoe360: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
Planning on buying destiny 2 forsaken for pc, game looks interesting. Selling on cdkeys for $47, the legendary collection.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by wman(m): 12:35am On Aug 31, 2018
jorhney:
any pc gamer in akure?

We sell PC games and we deliver to Akure. 10 TB of PC games available

https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

seyi.whizkid@gmail.com
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
Singapore1:

same here .. i want to buy ps4 pro
u want to buy console because of a single game.nawaoo
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2018
CHESTER48:
u want to buy console because of a single game.nawaoo
Nope
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Jaycool18(m): 8:41am On Sep 03, 2018
who knows to configure USB pad for cod black ops 1 on PC windows 7
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ha....well....early signs already!!

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:05am On Sep 05, 2018
nice that this thread is still on going. pc gaming still lives
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:08am On Sep 05, 2018
Jaycool18:

try installing the steam client. and use big picture. den enable generic controllers. den proceed to adding the game(non steam game, this is outside of big picture) choose a profile and u are done. any questions?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Jaycool18:

If it doesn't work through plug-n-play, download 360ce. It's an application that allows you configure generic controllers with games that only allow Xbox controllers.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Rgames: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
As we put together for the approaching wave of subsequent technology methods, we ought to be anticipating enhancements on all the nice issues we affiliate with the present crop of methods. Shifting ahead we count on: higher graphics, sooner processors, extra partaking video games, you get the thought. However not every part that we’re anticipating might be a progressive motion for gaming. At the least, so far as Sony and Microsoft are involved, you possibly can wave goodbye to enjoying used video games on their methods. Though these are simply rumors at this level, it would not be shocking in the event that they got here to fruition. It is very believable, particularly when bearing in mind that a number of sport publishers have already fired photographs on the used sport market

Most notable is Digital Arts(EA), who grew to become the primary writer to institute the apply of charging avid gamers, who purchased used video games, a charge to entry codes that include the sport. To elaborate, Downloadable Content material(DLC) codes are included with new copies of a specific sport and solely with these codes, can that content material be accessed. EA expanded its venture to incorporate enjoying used video games on-line. Players would now need to pay $10, along with the price of the used sport that they bought, Codex Games with a view to have entry to the web parts of their sport. Ubisoft has since adopted go well with, requiring a web-based cross for its video games as nicely. You’ll be able to establish the video games which require a web-based cross as they naked the,”Uplay Passport”, emblem on the field.

Ubisoft determined they’d take issues a step additional and implement Digital Rights Administration, a apply extra typically related to DVD or CD anti-piracy efforts. Assassins Creed 2 was the primary sport to be effected by this apply. As a way to play the PC model of Assassins Creed 2, avid gamers are required to create an account with Ubisoft and stay logged into that account with a view to play the sport. Because of this for those who lose your web connection, the sport will routinely pause and attempt to reestablish the connection. Nevertheless, for those who’re unlucky sufficient to be unable to reconnect to the web you may need to proceed out of your final saved sport; dropping any progress you might have made since then. This would be the case for all of Ubisoft’s PC titles, no matter one enjoying single-player or multi-player. Whereas Digital Rights Administration has been used to fight DVD and CD piracy for fairly a while now, it will mark the primary time it has been used for a online game. In mild of Ubisoft’s implementation of DRM, Matthew Humphries of Geek.com, cautions that it is possible that finally even console video games would require on-line registration with a view to play them.

So what is the purpose for all of this? In keeping with In keeping with Denis Dyack, the pinnacle of Silicon Knights, the sale of used video games is cannibalizing the revenue of the first sport market. He additionally claims that the used sport market is someway inflicting the value of latest video games to rise. His proposed resolution is to maneuver away from bodily disks and embrace digital distribution. Basically he’d prefer to see providers like Steam or EA’s Origin substitute conventional laborious copies. There are even rumors that the X-Field 720 will embrace the unique use of digital downloads and never use disks in any respect. Whether or not Microsoft will truly observe by with that plan stays to be seen.

One may argue that Sony has already laid the bottom work for stopping used video games from performing on their future system. On the very least, they’ve already made fairly an effort to make used video games considerably much less fascinating. Kath Brice, of Gamesindustry.biz, reported that the most recent SOCOM sport for PSP, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo three, would require prospects who buy a used copy to pay an addition $20 to obtain a code for on-line play.

I would prefer to see some quantifiable proof to help the declare that used video games are in actual fact hurting the gross sales of latest video games in any respect. With out some precise details, it sounds to me like a complete lot to do about nothing. Living proof, inside 24 hours Trendy Warfare three bought 6.5 million copies, grossing $400 million in gross sales. Right me if I am unsuitable however you have not heard Infinity Ward complaining in regards to the used sport market and it affecting their backside line. That is probably as a result of they’re too busy counting their cash earned by creating video games that individuals truly wish to play. Think about that. Perhaps the issue is not that used video games have a adverse influence on the sale of latest video games however, the issue is as a substitute that sport builders have to make higher video games that avid gamers are keen to pay full worth for.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Jaycool18(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
kimco:

try installing the steam client. and use big picture. den enable generic controllers. den proceed to adding the game(non steam game, this is outside of big picture) choose a profile and u are done. any questions?
it did not work..after installing steam client,it requested for update which i did but after the update it started misbehaving
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Jaycool18:
it did not work..after installing steam client,it requested for update which i did but after the update it started misbehaving
you need to create an account tho, dont worry after that you can run steam offline. but first explain wat you mean by misbehaving.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
LucemFerre:

If it doesn't work through plug-n-play, download 360ce. It's an application that allows you configure generic controllers with games that only allow Xbox controllers.

for x64 games x360ce has proven a bit troublesome to most in respect to setiing up. i always recommend the steam client...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
kimco:

for x64 games x360ce has proven a bit troublesome to most in respect to setiing up. i always recommend the steam client...

Oh, ok... I haven't used the steam client before. He could try that then
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Jaycool18(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2018
kimco:

you need to create an account tho, dont worry after that you can run steam offline. but first explain wat you mean by misbehaving.
it closes whenever I open it and it starts updating it self whenever I turn the system on even after I've uninstalled it
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nsonaso(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2018
Get used and brand new cheap gaming laptops here

https://www.nairaland.com/4717833/new-arrival-nvidia-gtx-1060
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jaycool18:
it closes whenever I open it and it starts updating it self whenever I turn the system on even after I've uninstalled it

very weird. which windows?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Jaycool18(m): 12:00am On Sep 11, 2018
kimco:

very weird. which windows?
windows 7
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2018
People take this gaming thing way too personal! cool

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by myself13: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
Jaycool18:
windows 7

Sry for not replying fast enuff. But ur symptoms are strange to me. Tried running a registry cleaner?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Lana1:
People take this gaming thing way too personal! cool
all that to play dota lol. But it is nice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.