Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:22 PM

Come And Verify Your Belief Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come And Verify Your Belief Here (445 Views)

How Did You Find God/Your Belief/Your Truth? / Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. / Have You Scrutinized/criticised Your Belief System Or Do You Just Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Come And Verify Your Belief Here by mumumugu(m): 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Let’s verify “Belief”

If I was to declare that I believe that nigeria would win the sudan, and then proceeded to the betting site, but did not put my money on nigeria but on sudan , what would you think of my belief?

You would think that I didn’t really believe that nigeria would win the finals, right?
Or

if I was to believe that the bank I have shares in was going to collapse and that it would lead to huge losses to me, but proceeded to invest more money in that bank rather than withdraw my liquidity, would you thinme sane and sober or ridiculous? In each scenario, you would conclude that I didn’t really believe what I professed.

You see, to be convinced that I actually believe what I say requires that my actions, following the declaration of that belief, would reflect that belief. Cool? So that, if my actions were inconsistent with my beliefs, you would reject my claims to that belief. Cool?
Re: Come And Verify Your Belief Here by mumumugu(m): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2014
If 96 percent of nigerians believe in a God whom they pray to, who answers their prayers, watches their lives, and intercedes on our behalf, then our conduct, our actions must reflect that. Well, does it?

When we want an attire we see the tailor. When we have a legal case, we see a lawyer. When our car breaks down, we call a mechanic.
Why is it that when such cases arise we turn to other humans for help? Why do we not take our petitions to God directly and by-pass all these intermediary humans? We almost never choose exclusive prayer.

Here’s a deal: let’s abolish the law enforcement agencies, forget the military apparatus. Why not? God will protect his children. Unless of course, we aren’t sure He wil

Is it the case that for all our professions of a belief in God, deep down we are unconvinced by it? Or that although for all the consolation that belief in God provides, we cannot count on Him protecting us? Or is it that it’s just a ‘nice’ feeling to believe? Or that year of classical conditioning has ingrained in us the need for and a value of a security blanket
Re: Come And Verify Your Belief Here by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Wow I like this post,it makes sense. An I have noticed it too among Christian. Someone who believes God would protect his family still went ahead to have security guards and dogs ,especially When They pray,They keep praying for the same thing over and over again 5 times in a day,does that mean God would be quick to answer? Why can't They pray once and forget it with faith that It's already answered.

I tire oo

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Preaching / Who Is Really A Bigot? / CHRIST Is The Reason For This Season (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.