Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Are Some Children Just Born Bad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Some Children Just Born Bad? (1226 Views)

Are Some Children Born Happier Than Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by simplyOJ(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
There is no such thing as bad children - only bad parents has long been the mantra of child experts.
The firm belief being that an individual is shaped by nurture and not pre-decided by nature.
After all, studies have shown us that offspring of the violent and abusive often turn out to be highly troubled adults themselves.

But what if a child is born into a loving, caring home and still goes off the rails?
And what if the child's siblings, who have been raised in that same loving household, have turned out perfectly fine - whose fault is it then?

Astonishingly, some psychiatrists accept that previous thinking was flawed and that some children, through no fault of the parents, are simply bad seeds. In other words: born bad. (Apologies to Olamide (Badoo))

Can a child be born BAD?
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
Question for the gods.

If you know how a child is formed in the womb,then you can tell wether a child can be bad or good.

The earlier we begin to give children the guidance they need to become who they want to be,the earlier we would realise that the mentality we have is struggling between 21st century and Western ways.

That a child turns out to be the 'black sheep' of the family doesn't make that child bad..with time and patience,they adjust to our definition of 'normal'
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
yes. i was

*no jokes*
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by simplyOJ(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
yes. i was

*no jokes*

Wow! Tell us how you brought down the "roof", and what prompted you to stop.
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by naijaboiy: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
I believe there must always be a 'black sheep' among the children in a family.

No matter how the parents are disciplined,,there will be that kid who is just stubborn and wants to go astray.

Sometimes they turn a new leaf after making certain mistakes in life.

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijaboiy:

No matter how the parents are disciplined,,there will be that kid who is just stubborn and wants to go astray.

Lyk u abi? tongue
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by naijaboiy: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
cheryl1:

Lyk u abi? tongue
Sadly,,yes cry

But i've changed tongue
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijaboiy:

Sadly,,yes cry

But i've changed tongue
Na so...Bad boy
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
simplyOJ:

Wow! Tell us how you brought down the "roof", and what prompted you to stop.
i brought down many 'roofs' indeed. and got lashed for it grin

i just outgrew being stubborn.
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijaboiy:

Na its not a must in every home , I've seen families where all their children turn out good , it majorly depends on the kind of care and training they received though sometimes a child that want to be bad will still be bad.
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by naijaboiy: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
cheryl1:

Na so...Bad boy
embarassed
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by valmunich(m): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
I've been good from the womb sad

Buh it's just one thing that flaws me

Weed sad

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by princebergz(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
brb
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by naijaboiy: 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:

Na its not a must in every home , I've seen families where all their children turn out good , it majorly depends on the kind of care and training they received though sometimes a child that want to be bad will still be bad.
It's hard for me to believe that if a couple has 4 kids all those kids will be obedient and submissive to their parents.

Now i'm not saying one must turn out bad and start committing vices like stealing and other activities that will bring shame to the family name.

It could be in another aspect.

Take for example,,in a family where the parents choose the courses they want their children to study in the higher institution.
Say,,medicine or Law...but there is that one kid that proves stubborn and says he/she wants to go for theatre arts or nothing else.

He/she always contests against some decisions made by the parents in a family.

This may not be applicable to cases where there is an only child in a family.

This is not a case of generalisation though.

I hope you get my point smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
I beliv some children are born bad quite alright...but they change at some point.

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijaboiy:

It's hard for me to believe that if a couple has 4 kids all those kids will be obedient and submissive to their parents.

Now i'm not saying one must turn out bad and start committing vices like stealing and other activities that will bring shame to the family name.

It could be in another aspect.

Take for example,,in a family where the parents choose the courses they want their children to study in the higher institution.
Say,,medicine or Law...but there is that one kid that proves stubborn and says he/she wants to go for theatre arts or nothing else.

He/she always contests against some decisions made by the parents in a family.

This may not be applicable to cases where there is an only child in a family.

This is not a case of generalisation though.

I hope you get my point smiley

Yea I get your point but every child at a point in their lives disobey their parents the difference is that the degree of disobedience of some is higher than others so your post above is concluding that all children are black sheep to an extent,
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
I don't think any child is born bad , we are influenced by our society, familly , friends and things we come across as we grow up , everyone has a reason why they turn out to be who they are or who they've been.
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by naijaboiy: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:

Yea I get your point but every child at a point in their lives disobey their parents the difference is that the degree of disobedience of some is higher than others so will now say all children are bad?
Now that is my point @bolded...

And all children can't be bad

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
There's this our neighbor's Son , the boy is so stubborn that sometime I think he was born with it, he tells the kind of lie I won't even imagine , I think some persons are just born that way.
Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by simplyOJ(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lacomus:
There's this our neighbor's Son , the boy is so stubborn that sometime I think he was born with it, he tells the kind of lie I won't even imagine , I think some persons are just born that way.
Have come across several kids like that. You just keep wondering: 'where this kid drop from?' Lol.

1 Like

Re: Are Some Children Just Born Bad? by An0nimus: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Pikin wey wan spoil go spoil. E no get how you wan do am.

A good number do change their ways later in life though.

(1) (Reply)

blank / For Guys--five Rules About Money And Your Future / Is There Any Advantage Of Being Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.