Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? (2449 Views)

Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Those saying Buhari is too old, defining good leadership by age should take their brains to the laundry.
If South Africans thought this way, Mandela the great Madiba wouldn't have become a president at age 76.
Ronald Reagan the 40th US president was 70 when he became president and ruled for 8yrs.
President Jose Mujika is the 40th and present President of Uruguay. He is 79 now and was 75 at election.
The 3rd president of Czech Republic elected last year is 70yrs of age.
Now our young PhD president who proclaimed that "stealing is'nt corruption" should be answering questions because I doubt if a 100 years old brain will make such blunder.
Okay let me borrow Amechi's lines; if PDP think Buhari is too old let them bring someone like him or atleast bring 2 persons whose combination will match Buhari.
Good leadership is not an exclusive function of young age. Bankole, Farouk Lawan, Maina were all young but they failed us in their respective positions.
Religion, tribe or region is not our problem. The problem grounding the Nigerian state is Corruption and Buhari appears to be the Mechanic.

2 Likes

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by bakandow11: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
dnt mind dem, buhari might av made quit alot of mistakes concerning is outspokeness and d role he played in d country's religious turmiol but i was overwelhemed seen is vice as GOV BABATUNDE FASHOLA.

2 Likes

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Ttalk: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:
Those saying Buhari is too old, defining good leadership by age should take their brains to the laundry.
If South Africans thought this way, Mandela the great Madiba wouldn't have become a president at age 76.
Ronald Reagan the 40th US president was 70 when he became president and ruled for 8yrs.
President Jose Mujika is the 40th and present President of Uruguay. He is 79 now and was 75 at election.
Now our young PhD president who proclaimed that "stealing is'nt corruption" should be answering questions because I doubt if a 100 years old brain will make such blunder.
Okay let me borrow Amechi's lines; if PDP think Buhari is too old let them bring someone like him or atleast bring 2 persons whose combination will match Buhari.
Good leadership is not an exclusive function of young age. Bankole, Farouk Lawan, Maina were all young but they failed us in their respective positions.
Religion, tribe or region is not our problem. The problem grounding the Nigerian state is Corruption and Buhari appears to be the Mechanic.

I would rather support old brand product in the mould of GMB rather than settle for GEJ who is blindly supported by a section of the country for no tangible reason besides being our own product "Ibo made". We all know what "Ibo made" represent to Nigerians - FAKE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by naturally: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Its not by age o. Its by wisdom. Anybody with wisdom and God fearing should carry go
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by drss(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
Say no to Buhari. We want democrats, not dictators.

5 Likes

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by DaGC(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
I have no problem with the General's age or his personality. Its a country of 170m+. He's not the only citizen capable of 'great change' in Nigeria as most of his followers promises. He has ruled before, he should let others rule too.

My honest opinion.

1 Like

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Ttalk: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
drss:

Say no to GEJ-"IBO MADE"
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
bakandow11:
dnt mind dem, buhari might av made quit alot of mistakes concerning is outspokeness and d role he played in d country's religious turmiol but i was overwelhemed seen is vice as GOV BABATUNDE FASHOLA.
My fellow Nigerian!! Honestly one need to be very careful in concluding that someone is the brain behind the religious crises in our beloved country. It was not too far we experience a religious leader at its peak involved in amour deal scandal.
The question to ask is who did we think those amour meant for if successfully smuggled to Nigeria.
Please don't turn it to religious rather let us maintain the political talk
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
naturally:
Its not by age o. Its by wisdom. Anybody with wisdom and God fearing should carry go
True talk GBAGAM!!!!!
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
DaGC:
I have no problem with the General's age or his personality. Its a country of 170m+. He's not the only citizen capable of 'great change' in Nigeria as most of his followers promises. He has ruled before, he should let others rule too.

My honest opinion.
But what goes for bukhari also goes for GEJ. Let GEJ also allow others. Try to read the post again and deduce the challenge made by Amechi

1 Like

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Ikengawo: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yes his age impedes him from being a good president. What does your grandfather know about a capital markets that is agemate buhari will know and apply to his presidency?

Buhari has ruled this country and nothing changed. We're acting like Buhari is someone that needs a 'chance' but he has had years in power already with 0 opposition so he was free to change Nigeria as he saw suit and nothing got better. People were flogged in the street but that's about it.

1 Like

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
drss:
Is it the type of democrat running by GEJ? And besides Buhari act as a dictator during the era of dictatorship(Military Era) so why would you have that conclusion? Is he still in KAKI?

1 Like

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by vivalavida(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
Op,correct the grammatical blunder in your title first.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ikengawo:
Yes his age impedes him from being a good president. What does your grandfather know about a capital markets that is agemate buhari will know and apply to his presidency?

Buhari has ruled this country and nothing changed. We're acting like Buhari is someone that needs a 'chance' but he has had years in power already with 0 opposition so he was free to change Nigeria as he saw suit and nothing got better. People were flogged in the street but that's about it.

It is good to respect your fellow human being because the way you talk to people signifies the type of entity you are

In one way or the other you will definitely have one person in mind to be the president, the question is why that person alone why not another person?
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
vivalavida:
Op,correct the grammatical blunder in your title first.

I think you are not needed hear, you suppose to be in Nursery school teaching A for Apple, B for Ball

Beside if you didn't got A1 in your English Language then it is pity for you
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by bakandow11: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

My fellow Nigerian!! Honestly one need to be very careful in concluding that someone is the brain behind the religious crises in our beloved country. It was not too far we experience a religious leader at its peak involved in amour deal scandal.
The question to ask is who did we think those amour meant for if successfully smuggled to Nigeria.
Please don't turn it to religious rather let us maintain the political talk
Thanks
i wasnt turning the table, he made some remarks on BBC that wasnt gud enough, am a muslim and a lover of peace and tranquilty, av alwasy been tinking nigeria needs a disciplinary pple to get us on track, fashola and buhari i believe culd deliver d country, i was a logos befre fashola and i spent sometime after his two years in office befre leavinh the country, all i av about buhari was d history of his time in office during dose days they may both av thre shortcomings but to me a better naija can come from them. May Allah guide whoever become the president of naija, we ar missing alot. i can say it anywhere no country as ever been blessed by like naija, but the blessing is making us suffer. we need prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Ikengawo: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

It is good to respect your fellow human being because the way you talk to people signifies the type of entity you are

In one way or the other you will definitely have one person in mind to be the president, the question is why that person alone why not another person?
Because there's only one president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I have the right to chose a candidate I like.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by vivalavida(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

I think you are not needed hear,
Beside if you didn't got A1 in your English Language then it is pity for you

The blunders keep increasing in magnitude. I bet your dumb brain wont allow u figure it out.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by DaGC(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

But what goes for bukhari also goes for GEJ. Let GEJ also allow others. Try to read the post again and deduce the challenge made by Amechi

This is my problem with some nairalanders. I gave my opinion. I have nothing against his age, religious beliefs, personality etc. All I said is that I don't want to see a former ruler occupying same post again. I don't care if its GEJ, Atiku, Fashola, Oshiomole, Kwankaso, Akpabio, or even Mr Ibu that wins the presidency, all I want is good democratic leadership. I just don't want a former ruler occupying same position again. Its almost unheard of.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
vivalavida:

The blunders keep increasing in magnitude. I bet your dumb brain wont allow u figure it out.

I did not deny your statement I just advice you to go for teaching and you and your likes are not needed hear. Is that not simple enough to understand?
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ikengawo:

Because there's only one president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I have the right to chose a candidate I like.
As you have that right, others too have the same right, and it won't be tolerated for someone to deny others right
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
bakandow11:

i wasnt turning the table, he made some remarks on BBC that wasnt gud enough, am a muslim and a lover of peace and tranquilty, av alwasy been tinking nigeria needs a disciplinary pple to get us on track, fashola and buhari i believe culd deliver d country, i was a logos befre fashola and i spent sometime after his two years in office befre leavinh the country, all i av about buhari was d history of his time in office during dose days they may both av thre shortcomings but to me a better naija can come from them. May Allah guide whoever become the president of naija, we ar missing alot. i can say it anywhere no country as ever been blessed by like naija, but the blessing is making us suffer. we need prayer.

You hit it!! Bravo, GBAGAM
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by drnoel: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

Think u 4got ur dtugs.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Leo001(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Op how old are you. how old was GMB when he became the head of state, Where he exhibited those qualities you are now clamoring for his return. Young men like us should be given chance to vie for the position of the president in this country. its high time we the youth start believing in our self, and fight for our right. it is very shameful for a youth to say I belong to this party and that, when their youths leader are grandfathers.

Op stop looking forwarded to see this same old men recycling themselves is the corridor of power, let stand up and take our rightful place in this country. If we the youths are not ready to die, we will not live. Watch out for me in 2019!
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Orunto: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
You are right. The older the Wine the better. The electorares however know when the old man has become senile and the younger man is getting wiser.
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
Leo001:
Op how old are you. how old was GMB when he became the head of state, Where he exhibited those qualities you are now clamoring for his return. Young men like us should be given chance to vie for the position of the president in this country. its high time we the youth start believing in our self, and fight for our right. it is very shameful for a youth to say I belong to this party and that, when their youths leader are grandfathers.

Op stop looking forwarded to see this same old men recycling themselves is the corridor of power, let stand up and take our rightful place in this country. If we the youths are not ready to die, we will not live. Watch out for me in 2019!

I got your point, it is a very welcoming point but we are talking of present situation in our country unless we are deceiving our selves. For example, the two contending parties are APC and PDP if you take a vivid look at the party will you tell us they are ready to present youths presently?

And besides who told you youth will do it when you hear almost average youth saying they want to get there to have their own portion of the wealth. Therefore, I want you to understand my point: GOOD GOVERNANCE CAN NEVER BE DEFINED BY AGE

1 Like

Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
drnoel:

Think u 4got ur dtugs.
Kindly explain your self
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Ikengawo: 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

As you have that right, others too have the same right, and it won't be tolerated for someone to deny others right
what have i denied anyone? I said buhari was a failed former president and his age impedes his ability to understand the modern world. You're not denied of anything
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Canme4u(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
No amount of Military presence or Ridging of an election can safe PDP this time around. People done suffer, people done learn the lesson of the mistake they made in 2011.

#TeamIamNotApoliticianBUTwouldSupportThePeople'sGenereaComes2015

we've tasted PDP lets taste something else so that we can compare the two.

Even Age cannot be an obstacle to Genaral Muhamad Buhari
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by yazach: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ikengawo:

what have i denied anyone? I said buhari was a failed former president and his age impedes his ability to understand the modern world. You're not denied of anything

By condemning others candidate what does that mean?

But Just prove to us that Buhari failed as you said
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by vivalavida(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
yazach:

I did not deny your statement I just advice you to go for teaching and you and your likes are not needed hear. Is that not simple enough to understand?

U keep making the same mistake again and again
Re: Those Saying Buhari Is Too Old, Does Good Leadership Define By Age? by Kunleskey(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Everybody with different view of thinking...when you look deep down non of them deserve d president of nigeria...they are just trying der best wit empty fufilment which is nt helping @all...pdp made no changes bt little dat is nt helpful @all...while APC....association of past criminals...useless party dat has no motive of helping d country than to just be d presidential crew by force...my question is, if buhari fails again in 2015..will he still try again? Then if try again he's one of the fools that will nt allow nigeria to develop.....he had already spoil everything by d words of his mouth....and his motives will nt allow him to reach anywhere...simply because sm hidden nigeria big men will nt allow him to reach der....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Sultan Begs Maku To Withdraw Case From Governorship Election Petition / Aka Ikenga Backs Radio Biafra, Warns FG Against Dictatorship / Buhari Begs Saraki Not To Impeach Him For Pejury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.