Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! (2153 Views)

Naira Fall Vs Fallen Boobs: Male Twitter User Comes After A Lady's Breast / Hundreds Feared Dead In Fresh Benin-city Massacre! (viewer's Discretion Adviced) / Ebola Survivor Causes Commotion In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by Kei144(m): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
PICTURE this. You’re driving down a busy Lagos road and suddenly a truck with a giant image of a woman’s boobs appears beside you.
more:

http://www.news.com.au/world/truck-with-huge-photo-of-breasts-causes-hundreds-of-car-accidents/story-fndir2ev-1227093022050

Re: Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by Johnnoo(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Photoshop tongue
Re: Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by Kei144(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
There are enough distractions when you're driving. Your phone, the tunes, your coffee. But Russian drivers have to put up with so much more—like meteors fall from the sky, and very suggestive truck-side billboards.

A Russian mobile advertising company recently sent a fleet of 30 trucks out on the streets of Moscow with self-promotional ads on the side showing breasts cupped by a pair of hands and copy that translates to "They attract"—to illustrate the power of truck-side ads.

And attract they did—to the tune of 517 traffic accidents in one day, says the Daily Mail.

"I was on my way to a business meeting when I saw this truck with a huge photo of breasts on its side go by," said Ildar Yuriev. "Then I was hit by the car behind who said he had been distracted by the truck. It made me late and left my car in the garage, and although I am insured I am still out of pocket."

A spokesman for the company, AdvTruck, added: "We wanted to draw attention to this new format with this campaign. In all cases of accidents, the car owners will receive compensation costs from us that aren't covered by their insurance."

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/see-truck-side-ad-caused-500-car-accidents-moscow-one-day-160807
Re: Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by Kei144(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Breasts can be distracting. Bare breasts? Even more so.

So when 30 trucks travelled around Moscow with a photo of a topless woman plastered on their sides, trouble ensued.

We're talking 517 road accidents in a single day.

The trucks left collisions in their wake as drivers got, well, distracted.

Cars hit other cars. Cars hit buildings. Cars hit landmarks. Cars hit everything, really.

'Made me late'

Irate drivers called the cops to complain about the advertisements, which carried the tagline "They attract". (How apt.)

Trucks impounded

Russian police sent patrol cars to round up the trucks. The ads were covered up and the trucks were impounded.

Whose bright idea was it to stick boobs on trucks? Moscow-based company Sarafan Advertising Agency.

Mail Online reported a spokesman for the agency as saying: "We are planning to bring a new advertising format onto the market, encouraging companies to place their ads on the sides of trucks, as we thought this would be a good alternative to putting them on the sides of public transport.

"We wanted to draw attention to this new format with this campaign."

Well, mission accomplished, we guess.

Compensate us

RYOT reported that drivers are demanding that the agency compensate them, with many even planning to sue.

The ad agency spokesman said: "In all cases of accidents, the car owners will receive compensation costs from us that aren’t covered by their insurance."

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/trucks-huge-adverts-breasts-cause-517-road-accidents-day#sthash.UM9jB5H5.dpuf
Re: Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by iceberylin(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
įş ţђįş ţђę joķę şęçţįoŋ undecided

1 Like

Re: Truck With Huge Photo Of Boobs Causes Hundreds Of Accidents! by Kei144(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Haha!

(1) (Reply)

When U Tell Ur Babe Dat U Studied Overseas And She Needs Proof (photo) / 12 Historical Images That Will Leave You Speechless / Pictures Every Internet User Can Relate To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.