Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World (11350 Views)

Just Curious: Why Isn't Peter One Of The Gospel Writers / Christmas Is Religious Adultery; 25th Dec. Isn't Jesus' Bday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by PastorAIO: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
MizMyColi:
Pardon my asking, PastorAIO but, are you really a pastor?
Like Pastor-Pastor?
nope
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by MizMyColi(f): 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
PastorAIO:

nope

Oukei.
Thanks.

What must have inspired your moniker?
#Wondering
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by leon12(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2014
In matters of jesus salvation, the discrepancy or the confusion never started today. This article give a little insight on how it has evolved since ages.
www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2014/08/there-is-more-to-christianity-than-penal-substitutionary-atonement.html
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by ayando(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
The fact you don't or cant see something, does it nullify its existence?
How do you prove the existence of a being you cant see or what will be your point of evidence.
What makes a particular book valid while another invalid?
What is your conviction based on, on what you read that someone wrote about or the one your wrote because you were there?

Is so funny and absurd how we malign a supreme being in the bid to insult the sensitivity of others and how we keep denying and twisting words.
It is not surprising, however it always right to set things appropriately for posterity sake.

@ Dapo777,
What would you do if you came home and met your young daughter unclad with a man? Will you feel repulsive and overreact or you will just scold her and do nothing? Some things are so repulsive that you become impulsive. Does that account only speak about your personality?
I hope you get my drift. Shalom
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayando:

The fact you don't or cant see something, does it nullify its existence?
How do you prove the existence of a being you cant see or what will be your point of evidence.
What makes a particular book valid while another invalid?
What is your conviction based on, on what your read that someone wrote about or the one your wrote because you were there?

Is so funny and absurd how we malign a supreme being in the bid to insult the sensitivity of others and how we keep denying and twisting words.
It is not surprising, however it always right to set things appropriately for posterity sake.

@ Dapo777,
What would you do if you came home and met your young daughter unclad with a man? Will you feel repulsive and overreact or you will just scold her and do nothing? Some things are so repulsive that you become impulsive. Does that account only speak about your personality?
I hope you get my drift. Shalom

So now humans are on the same level with God?
If I was omniscience I wouldn't overreact or anything because I already knew she would do What she did Long before she did it. So why should I be surprised seeing her doing it. If I didn't want her to do it,I would have stopped her long before she even thinks about doing it with my omnipotence and omniscience.

Right now as i am typing this, If Yahweh actually exist and he is omniscience and omnipotent, my actions shouldn't surprise him because he already knew even before I was born that I would turn away from him,and he decided not to do anything to stop me,because he planned it all. Do you think u can do anything out of gods plan? He knows about every single leaf that falls from a tree,he knows everything you are going to do before you do it. You have no control over your actions but you think you do,thats because he made you think you have freewill but you dont,because yahweh is in charge . If yahweh trully exist then we are all acting a script written by him..

1 Like

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by ayando(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dapo777:

So now humans are on the same level with God?
If I was omniscience I wouldn't overreact or anything because I already knew she would do What she did Long before she did it. So why should I be surprised seeing her doing it. If I didn't want her to do it,I would have stopped her long before she even thinks about doing it with my omnipotence and omniscience.

Jesus became flesh to understand how we feel as humans. He went through pain, sufferings, hunger and everything the flesh can suffer and overcame. This is to set as an example for His followers.

One thing you must know is God is not an autocrat. If he was, He would never given us the free will to choose.

1 Like

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayando:

Jesus became flesh to understand how we feel as humans. He went through pain, sufferings, hunger and everything the flesh can suffer and overcame. This is to set as an example for His followers.

One thing you must know is God is not an autocrat. If he was, He would never given us the free will to choose.

If Jesus was God how come he was talking to "God" before his crucifixion, how come he said no one is good except god,So don't call me good.

Like I said,What u have is not freewill,If it was freewill God can't be omniscience. God being omniscience has made freewill impossible. If I should write in a paper the exact thing you are going to type next and you see that after typing,u see exactly the same thing u typed on dat piece of paper,would u think ur will is still Urs or mine?

1 Like

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
this world will perish with satan.Jesus only saves those who allows him to save them.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by honourhim: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
ayando:

Why are you wasting your time arguing with an atheists who insults your believe? Avoid any atheist that insults your believe. There are some of them that dont do it, discuss with those ones.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by RapLawd(m): 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Israelites,to your tents,

everybody with his/er thought/believes...

I'M A CORE CHRISTIAN BY "CHOICE" not BY "FORCE"_so I don't give a poo or any damn about what you think and that's that!!!-it's my DECISSION NOT YOURS

@OP>MizYourColy,thought you've got something really good to offer apart from this goskolo you paste here...satisfied
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dux01:
this world will perish with satan.Jesus only saves those who allows him to save them.
You are a fool. May death visit you so you leave this world for us.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 5:01am On Oct 23, 2014
xamster:
GOD's way is different from our ways. at the end of the world would he separate his people(cleansed from sin) from the world(unbelievers and sinners).
In this new world, there won't be evil, affliction and suffering ever again.

Play your guessing game and end up in Allah's hell. Hahaha. Not only do you eat pork, but you pray to Jesus. There is a special place in Allah's hell for people who pray to other Gods.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 5:07am On Oct 23, 2014
Dapo777:

If Jesus was God how come he was talking to "God" before his crucifixion, how come he said no one is good except god,So don't call me good.

Like I said,What u have is not freewill,If it was freewill God can't be omniscience. God being omniscience has made freewill impossible. If I should write in a paper the exact thing you are going to type next and you see that after typing,u see exactly the same thing u typed on dat piece of paper,would u think ur will is still Urs or mine?

Please tell them again, bro. If there was such a thing as free will, then the fictional Jesus would not have prayed to himself, asking that his will be carried out.

He would have simply took off running. The will of the fictional Yahweh prevails in ALL situations.

When a little baby girl is savagely r)aped and murdered, it MUST have been Yahweh's will. The r)apist is simply a wooden pawn being manipulated on a chessboard.

1 Like

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 23, 2014
Weah96:

Please tell them again, bro. If there was such a thing as free will, then the fictional Jesus would not have prayed to himself, asking that his will be carried out.

He would have simply took off running. The will of the fictional Yahweh prevails in ALL situations.

When a little baby girl is savagely r)aped and murdered, it MUST have been Yahweh's will. The r)apist is simply a wooden pawn being manipulated on a chessboard.

Exactly God knew the rape would happen long before the rapist was even born to this world,the rapist is simply fulfilling God's script. We are all puppets If Yahweh exist.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by xamster(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2014
Weah96:

Play your guessing game and end up in Allah's hell. Hahaha. Not only do you eat pork, but you pray to Jesus. There is a special place in Allah's hell for people who pray to other Gods.

are u okay? undecided
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

You are a fool. May death visit you so you leave this world for us.
sori but it is the truth even DEATH will be thrown into lake of fire but if u belong to Jesus you will live forever.RENOUnCE SATAN NOW.be wise
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by urcutecrush(f): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Because jesus doesn't exist period.and even if he does which i know he doesn't he is overrated

4 Likes

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2014
urcutecrush:
Because jesus doesn't exist period.and even if he does which i know he doesn't he is overrated

LOL. Jackie Chan can take him on mano a mano.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 6:31am On Oct 24, 2014
xamster:
are u okay? undecided

Why, because you haven't considered the word of Allah in the Qur'an while planning this little getaway to be with the Lord Jesus?
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by akay48(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hey Mister!
Excuse me.

Did you really read the OP?

Or did you make your assertion based on the topic?

If you did read the OP, tell me what exactly your disagreement is, then let's deal with it.

Like seriously, you rated me based on how my beliefs aligned with yours? undecided

Sir, you may get more dissapointed, honestly.

And I'm sorry in advance.

Word of advice to posters on the thread

Never relate, elevate, or denigrate anyone based on their religious belief or unbelief.

This life is a journey, you may be far ahead or far behind, in different regards.

Either ways, let's give everyone on here grace, encourage mutual respect and judge them based on their individuality.

NOT their theism, atheism or satanism even.
grin grin

Tenks.
Nor their deism, agnosticism or SELFIEism.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by ogaprime(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
MizMyColi:

[size=14pt]Why isn’t Jesus saving us? [/size]

If Jesus is the savior, where is he? Why is he not saving us or our world? Where is he

Something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Our mission shouldn’t be to escape the threat of hell in the after life when we are already in it! Consider the possibility that we’ve missed something.

Maybe start questioning what you’ve always been told, especially if it doesn’t line up with the reality of the situation.

Jesus is never going to save us or our world in the way we have been told.

Acknowledging this is the first step.

What Jesus taught, demonstrated, and lived has the power to save this world, but NOT in the way we have been told through religion.

grin grin

As usual

Let's Discuss
grin grin

The reason why aint saving us now is because the word of God doesn't change. Right from the creation of heaven and earth up till now, the word of God still remains the same. Jesus can't come now to save us because He himself doesn't know when He will come and save us and if He should come now He is coming to save His people from the bigger hell.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by badoosecret: 6:53am On Nov 08, 2014
We were all born with empty brain before being dogmatized!!
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Isaacmacdon(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Did u really type dis??
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by MizMyColi(f): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
bolaino:
why would you sayyyy that, what do you intend to do to the image of white jesus? White jesus saves, trust me, just the other day white jesus saved a bunch of people, yeah, you heard me right, bishop oyedepo, pastor ayo, tb joshua etc, these men would be in jail if not because of jesus, come on,,,, Jesus saves. We spend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by bolaino(m): 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Isaacmacdon(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2014
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus .... Hope u got dis?? Mizmycoli
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 11:39am On Dec 04, 2014
Isaacmacdon:
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." - Albert Camus .... Hope u got dis?? Mizmycoli

Yea, but it's possible that you could be devoting your life to the wrong God, and end up in HELL FIRE anyway.

It's not as easy as believing in God. You must be able to select the right one.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Weah96:

Yea, but it's possible that you could be devoting your life to the wrong God, and end up in HELL FIRE anyway.

It's not as easy as believing in God. You must be able to select the right one.
How many Supreme beings do u know?? is there a wrong one nd a right one?? U know what.... d bible has d answer to d above topic... go read it....
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Weah96: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
Isaacmacdon:
How many Supreme beings do u know?? is there a wrong one nd a right one?? U know what.... d bible has d answer to d above topic... go read it....

Chai. I know of many supreme beings. There's the one who dictated the bible to illiterate people, the one you know.
I know another one called Allah who dictated his own message to Mohammed.

And then I also know this one supreme child called Krishna, who is currently worshipped by MILLIONS in India.

So you see, picking God is irrelevant. One must make the right choice, otherwise you'll end up with the atheists after death.
Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by gatiano(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3O-RpAg0Bs&index=46&list=WL

MizMyColi:

If Jesus is the savior, where is he? Why is he not saving us or our world? Where is he

Our mission shouldn’t be to escape the threat of hell in the after life when we are already in it! Consider the possibility that we’ve missed something.

Maybe start questioning what you’ve always been told, especially if it doesn’t line up with the reality of the situation.

What Jesus taught, demonstrated, and lived has the power to save this world, but NOT in the way we have been told through religion.

grin grin

As usual

Let's Discuss
grin grin

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by gatiano(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zE9vlsiuI&list=WL&index=47

MizMyColi:

grin grin

As usual

Let's Discuss
grin grin

Re: QUESTION: Why Isn't Jesus Saving Our World by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
MizMyColi:

No Dear, I'm not.
Just a confused wanderer.

then sincerely and genuinely ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you so you will not completely stray from the narrow path.

Also ask for the promise of the Holy Spirit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why It's Hard For A Richman Or Even the Poor To Enter The Kingdom Of God / Scientific Rationalism, Reason And Faith: Which Produces Systematic Knowledge? / Last Sunday Before Inauguration What Will Be Your Prayer Point Today For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.