Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. (1235 Views)

FG Should Listen To The Ceasefire Call By BOKO HARAM - Lai Mohammed / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!!fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire. / GOOD NEWS: Nigeria Gets New Buyer For Its Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nigeria's military says it has agreed a ceasefire with Islamist militants Boko Haram - and that the schoolgirls the group has abducted will be released.
Nigeria's chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh, announced the truce. Boko Haram has not made a public statement.
The group has been fighting an insurgency since 2009, with some 2,000 civilians reportedly killed this year.
Boko Haram sparked global outrage six months ago by abducting more than 200 schoolgirls.
The girls were seized in the north-eastern town of Chibok in Borno state, and their continued captivity has led to criticism of the Nigerian government's efforts to secure their release.
Members of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign said in a tweet on Friday: "We are monitoring the news with huge expectations."
'Cautiously optimistic'
Air Chief Marshal Badeh revealed the truce at the close of a three-day security meeting between Nigeria and Cameroon. He said Nigerian soldiers would comply with the agreement.

Media caption
Nigeria's chief of defence staff, Alex Badeh, announced the ceasefire to the media
Nigerian presidential aide Hassan Tukur told BBC Focus on Africa that the agreement was sealed after a month of negotiations, mediated by Chad.
As part of the talks, a government delegation twice met representatives of the Islamist group.
Mr Tukur said Boko Haram had announced a unilateral ceasefire on Thursday and the government had responded.

"They've assured us they have the girls and they will release them," he said.
"I am cautiously optimistic."
He said arrangements for their release would be finalised at another meeting next week in Chad's capital, Ndjamena.
The negotiations are said to have the blessing of Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, reports the BBC's Chris Ewokor in Abuja.

Media caption
Boko Haram means "Western education is forbidden" in Hausa
Speaking to the BBC, Nigerian government spokesman Mike Omeri said Boko Haram would not be given territory under the ceasefire agreement - and that the government would not reveal what concessions it would make.
"We are inching closer to release of all groups in captivity, including the Chibok girls," he said.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29665165

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by priscaoge(f): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
At last undecided undecided I pray it's true this time!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
R.I.P to APC'S most valuable campaign material.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by bunmioguns(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
A ah .. Thanks to God
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
Gbawe, barcanista, Egift, donphilus, koboko69, ngeneukwenu, GenBuhari, berem, obiagelli, Mynd44, kelsoft, ISpiksDaTroof,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Longeria(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Some people will surely drop dead on hearing this.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
if buhari is actually the sponsor of boko haram like you saTANoids claim, do you think he'll want to let go of his campaign tool? This points to the fact that GEJ sponsors boko haran and uses them for political gain.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Longeria(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Gbawe, barcanista, Egift, donphilus, koboko69, ngeneukwenu, GenBuhari, berem, obiagelli, Mynd44, kelsoft, ISpiksDaTroof,

They will avoid this thread like leprosy.
Hypocrites.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Longeria(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
priscaoge:
At last undecided undecided I pray it's true this time!
Amen o o.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

I thought there was no abduction undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:

I thought there was no abduction undecided
The whole mystery will be unveiled this time around.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Segeggs:
if buhari is actually the sponsor of boko haram like you saTANoids claim, do you think he'll want to let go of his campaign tool? This points to the fact that GEJ sponsors boko haran and uses them for political gain.
Audu Ogbe confirmed the allegation while the crowd during Buhari Declaration.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Audu Ogbe confirmed the allegation while the crowd during Buhari Declaration.
so anybody that suppoerts the bringbackourgirls campaign is now APC? Michele obama and puff daddy are now APC members. I guess you twisted Audu's statement to suit your wicked motive.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
GEJ will be looking forward to using the release of the girls to campaign which would deal him a great blow just like the bringbackjonathan slogan.
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by Olaolufred(m): 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
[size=14pt] I have read from the op and cohorts that boko haram is APC. could it be that finally ebelle has agreed a ceasefire deal with APC?
No matter how far and wide this deceit has travelled, truth will overtake it.[/size]
Re: BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. by PhockPhockMan: 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Segeggs:
so anybody that suppoerts the bringbackourgirls campaign is now APC? Michele obama and puff daddy are now APC members. I guess you twisted Audu's statement to suit your wicked motive.
Oh my God, can't you comprehend,? In his speech, he made it clear that bringbackourgirls campaign is led by APC members. Ordinarily, It's not a shocking discovery because the Boko Haram is also lead by APC members.

(1) (Reply)

How Police Officer Was Rendered Blind After Assualt By Naval Rating Photo / Video Justified N3 Billion Ekiti Government House / Phot Of A Nigerian Police In A Gambling House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.