Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools (52399 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Funjosh(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
They should just let us hear word joor. Putting on hijab to skul doesn't mean they wouldn't do bad if they really want to do Abi no be them be this lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by ibnhasan: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
This is not just about religion, it is about fairness and justice for all. You might perceive a person's choice to be foolish but he's entitled to it and it is plain injustice to use your power/authority to deprive him of that right.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by ibnhasan: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
Okay. I have never seen any Muslim girl wearing it in school even if it is not against the constitution of America. That is very simple to understand in this argument.

Some do, but most probably don't because of hate attacks from other students
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jojotemitopaz(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
isick:
which potential harm will it cause? okay, imagine if they were real life scenarios, how will school look like?
baba alawos are not exactly constitutionally rrcognized therefore coming with things related to charms wont be tolerated.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Ainatokunbo: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
BetaThings:

So why did the FG use public money to put up a NATIONAL Christmas Tree? And why did the federal govt use our money to construct the national mosque.
Do you remember the excuses when we said we wanted Islamic Banking to be owned by private people
And nobody is imposing. Imposition is what you are doing when you are saying I should no longer obey my God

So Britain is not a peaceful society?
Yet they allow Hijab

The common sense is that you object to anything that does not have a Christian counterpart
Hijab and Ialamic banking are clear examples
Why would anyone running a Christian university claim that Islamic Banking will islamise the nation

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
ibnhasan:

Some do, but most probably don't because of hate attacks from other students
I haven't see any with my own eyes in public school(private school in UK or Nigeria). The fact that people are against it makes it something disturbing to wear to schools. I feel sorry for Muslim girls forced into wearing that archaic clothes. It is a shame on that religion though.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jojotemitopaz(m): 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
LordReed:

Do female muslim students and pupils of Atlantic Hall or Corona or other "posh" schools wear hijab? Do female Muslim students of Queens college wear hijab?
I know dey used to have special uniforms for the muslim girls in QC dont know about now.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by ibnhasan: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
perfectbundle:

Go and sit down Mr man. If you really want to kill yourself over this issue of hijab, talk to your wealthy Muslim brothers to build Islamic schools and stop wasting money on terrorism.

Your female folks can wear hijab to Islamic schools ONLY. You don't have to look like a masquerade and smell like sh..t before you cover you body. It's common sense. Dress well and wear clothes that'll cover your body. I do not understand how a woman's hair or face has become a sensitive part that can be termed indecent or seductive, except you mean to tell me that your muslim brothers are moved by any part of a woman's body they see, even the nose or ears.

Please you all need to stop getting on ppl nerves. A lot of you guys have caused too many problems for the world already.

Another reason why Hijab should be allowed is to let young people learn to tolerate other people and prevent them from growing into adults who would spew this kind of ignorance and hate thinking it to be common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jojotemitopaz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
I haven't see any with my own eyes in public school(private school in UK or Nigeria). The fact that people are against it makes it something disturbing to wear to schools. I feel sorry for Muslim girls forced into wearing that archaic clothes. It is a shame on that religion though.
A Shame! Really! Would u as a christen choose not to read the bible because the world see it as archaic, its not d parents who ask dem to wear it, its not the arabs, its not the society, its an instruction from God. It says cover ur hair, ur bossom, dress modestly...its not the prophet who suggested it. Its like banning fasting because u feel its wrong to starve ones self...its beyond wats felt, itssimply worshipping

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by ibnhasan: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:

Hahahaha, In the US people are also shot at and harrassed and discriminated against for just being black. I guess it must be a shame to be black too
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
A Shame! Really! Would u as a christen choose not to read the bible because the world see it as archaic, its not d parents who ask dem to wear it, its not the arabs, its not the society, its an instruction from God. It says cover ur hair, ur bossom, dress modestly...its not the prophet who suggested it. Its like banning fasting because u feel its wrong to starve ones self...its beyond wats felt, itssimply worshipping
God my bottom! This notion that it is unknown God somewhere who instructed that is a big lie. That is human ideology to control others. We know that religion is a man's inability to phantom out the reasons for things in its environment. Please, I don't believe in a primitive man's idea to control people while inputting it in others as though is from a supernatural being somewhere. That is nonsense to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
ibnhasan:

Hahahaha, In the US people are also shot at and harrassed and discriminated against for just being black. I guess it must be a shame to be black too
There is a big difference. One can be done away with the wearing of hijab(I can as well refer to it as Ebola) and the other from nature(genetic) which cannot be changed. The example of your argument is skewed though.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sentiments, bigotry & capitalization on trivial dichotomies will get us no where as a country.

In my own opinion, all mission schools presently possessed by the government should be returned back to their owners.

Government schools should be built by the government and they can have chapels & mosques in them so that the students can have a place to practice their religious duties at the designated periods.

Hijabs branded in the school uniform colours should be given by such schools to those who desire to use them at an added cost.

Trying to seperate our religious inclination from our secular living is NOT working & may eventually lead to crisis.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
0rex:
Sentiments, bigotry & capitalization on trivial dichotomies will get us no where as a country.

In my own opinion, all mission schools presently possessed by the government should be returned back to their owners.

Government schools should be built by the government and they can have chapels & mosques in them so that the students can have a place to practice their religious duties at the designated periods.

Hijabs branded in the school uniform colours should be given by such schools to those who desire to use them at an added cost.

Trying to seperate our religious inclination from our secular living is NOT working & may eventually lead to crisis.
Oh, yeah! It works in France and other European countries. Why is it not going to work in Nigeria? Oh! I remember Nigerians are primitive people! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
Not in public school. It used to be in Europe but it's quickly banned after seeing how Muslim extremists could possibly use it to commit more evils.

Lie. Muslim children absolutely wear them in school. I saw it every day. Lie.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Lie. Muslim children absolutely wear them in school. I saw it every day. Lie.
Where are you from? Are you saying it is not banned in France or some other European countries?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by LordReed(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
I know dey used to have special uniforms for the muslim girls in QC dont know about now.

Were the special uniforms hijab? How about Atlantic Hall, Corona and other "posh" schools?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
Where are you from? Are you saying it is not banned in France or some other European countries?

You know where I'm from. Stop talking about what you don't know. Liar.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jojotemitopaz(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:

God my bottom! This notion that it is unknown God somewhere who instructed that is a big lie. That is human ideology to control others. We know that religion is a man's inability to phantom out the reasons for things in its environment. Please, I don't believe in a primitive man's idea to control people while inputting it in others as though is from a supernatural being somewhere. That is nonsense to say the least.
good so u see thats you and your thinking, they feel otherwise and choose that path, if its wrong or right its what they believe, if u believe otherwise it would be very wrong to impose urs on their choice. They werent forced to it the chose to obey at will and when they feel otherwise they would stop..my point is ushouldnt because u see it as mere think they should as well

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by ibnhasan: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
There is a big difference. One can be done away with the wearing of hijab(I can as well refer to it as Ebola) and the other from nature(genetic) which cannot be changed. The example of your argument is skewed though.

No it isn't. My Hijab doesn't hurt you and you attack me. The same with my skin colour.

If you don't see a similarity you are probably the kind of person who would commit a hate crime against a person just because of hijab.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nigerians enjoy depriving each other of human rights. It's really despicable to see. So much busybodying. Disgusted. Are you sure you people are countrymen?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
good so u see thats you and your thinking, they feel otherwise and choose that path, if its wrong or right its what they believe, if u believe otherwise it would be very wrong to impose urs on their choice. They werent forced to it the chose to obey at will and when they feel otherwise they would stop..my point is ushouldnt because u see it as mere think they should as well
Yes, it is what they believe and they should build their own schools. Those are schools paid for by citizens tax who are not Muslims or Christians. So, I don't give a hoot because most of them were force or brought up that way. They were not trained to use their discretion to figure things out on their own. Look at how you are trying to support indoctrination as though it is really unavoidable in those girl lives.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by MrNiceGuy5: 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
Can you post the chapter that God commanded the women to put on Hijab in the Quran ?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
ibnhasan:

No it isn't. My Hijab doesn't hurt you and you attack me. The same my with skin colour.

If you don't see a similarity you are probably the kind of person who would commit a hate crime against a person just because of hijab.
It does when it is one of Muslim violent religion symbols like KKK to Negroes in USA. Please, make use of your brain to differentiate the differences here. One is a potent symbol of a violent religious people and the other is genetic of human being like every other human being out there with different skin color.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

You know where I'm from. Stop talking about what you don't know. Liar.
Okay! I just checked your profile. I almost forget about you, you pain in the butt! I am not lying because I haven't seen one. You can post a picture of one in a class for me to believe you.

Thank you.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by orimion(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
MissMeiya:
Nigerians enjoy depriving each other of human rights. It's really despicable to see. So much busybodying. Disgusted. Are you sure you people are countrymen?
hijab? Why the f**k would you want to wear hijab to school? Fashion? Or for people to know you are a "faithful" moslem?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
all4naija:
Okay! I just checked your profile. I almost forget about you, you pain in the butt! I am not lying because I haven't seen one. You can post a picture of one in a class for me to believe you.

Thank you.

Are you the arbitrator of truth? Who cares if you believe me? If you want to know that bad, go look it up. This is why no one should pay any attention to you.

"I'm not lying because I haven't seen one." Móron.

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
orimion:
hijab? Why the f**k would you want to wear hijab to school? Fashion? Or for people to know you are a "faithful" moslem?

Because it's their religious obligation. You seem to have difficulty understanding that they wear it for themselves, and NOT for YOU.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
How did Nigerians come to be so hateful?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
ibnhasan:

No it isn't. My Hijab doesn't hurt you and you attack me. The same with my skin colour.

It does hurt me for fear of unknown terror hiding behind that archaic cloth could be having a bomb. Young girls have used it to attack people in suicide bombing in Northern in Nigeria presently. That is terror weapon clothes if you asked me. So to avoid that it should be banned because it can be done away with in classes. If that is not the case, developed countries is not built on backward culture and putting on such archaic religious cloths in public institution is way of saying I don't belong here. So it is better to go to Muslim countries and dress that way. The black skin cannot be changed to look like white not matter how you try because it is genetic like the white skin. Those who refused to changed will remain to be seen as barbarians. Barbarians are not well received in developed society. The earlier Muslims realize that the better for them to move on with their pathetic lives.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by omostar: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
joseph1832:
Have you been to Owerri or Enugu or south west Nigeria? If you have you'll know that Fridays are allocated to the muslims.
yes, i did my youth service in owerri and no, fridays were not allocated to muslims.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Because it's their religious obligation. You seem to have difficulty understanding that they wear it for themselves, and NOT for YOU.
What did you just say? Religious obligation in another man's institutions. Funny Saudi Arabia don't allow non-Muslin into Mecca though. It is right for them to go back to where that is obligatory not a progressive society.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

What Course Is This Man Studying / Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament / German University Students Turn Blue, Police Suspect Poisoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.