Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

EFCC Releases Edo Assembly Speaker, Other Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Releases Edo Assembly Speaker, Other Officers (569 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker / Ogun State Assembly Speaker Mr Adekunbi Abandons Victims Of Ghastly Accident(Pic / Edo Assembly Suspends LG Boss Over Illegal Trip Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Releases Edo Assembly Speaker, Other Officers by blexxonmak(m): 1:48am On Oct 18, 2014
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Uyi Igbe; Majority Leader, Philip Shaibu; and the Chief Whip, Folly Ogedengbe.

The three principal Assembly officers were invited by anti-graft agency to appear before it on Wednesday.

But the Chairman, House Committee on Youths, Sports and Information, Adjoto Kabiru, had on Thursday raised the alarm over the alleged detention of the three lawmakers by the EFCC on the allegation of forging the signature of another member of the House.

Speaking at the Benin Airport, the Speaker expressed dissatisfaction with the agency, which has busied itself with the affairs of the Assembly rather than focus its attention on investigating financial crimes.

He, however, assured the people that the House would continue to remain focused on its constitutional duties and not be intimidated.

Igbe said, “I was under the impression that they were to investigate financial misappropriations, only for us to get there and issues that concerned the House of Assembly was what they(EFCC officials) were bringing up.

“What they were telling us was that somebody alleged that we forged the signature among the signatures that we used to impeach the former Deputy Speaker, Festus Ebea.

“I was taken completely aback. Then again, I’m not too surprised because we all know that this is the systematic way they have been using to harass and intimidate us since.

“But I want them to know that this is only going to make us stronger. We will remain focused. We will not shake. We refuse to be intimidated.”

Meanwhile, the Edo State Police Command has said that it has charged 22 suspects in connection with last Saturday’s attack at the Edo State House of Assembly Legislators’ Quartres to an Oredo Magistrate Court in Benin.
Re: EFCC Releases Edo Assembly Speaker, Other Officers by Atyodos: 4:56am On Oct 18, 2014
[quote
author=blexxonmak post=27236991]The Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission has released the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly,
Uyi Igbe; Majority Leader, Philip Shaibu; and the Chief Whip, Folly
Ogedengbe.

The three principal Assembly officers were invited by anti-graft agency
to appear before it on Wednesday.

But the Chairman, House Committee on Youths, Sports and Information,
Adjoto Kabiru, had on Thursday raised the alarm over the alleged
detention of the three lawmakers by the EFCC on the allegation of
forging the signature of another member of the House.

Speaking at the Benin Airport, the Speaker expressed dissatisfaction
with the agency, which has busied itself with the affairs of the
Assembly rather than focus its attention on investigating financial
crimes.

He, however, assured the people that the House would continue to remain
focused on its constitutional duties and not be intimidated.

Igbe said, “I was under the impression that they were to investigate
financial misappropriations, only for us to get there and issues that
concerned the House of Assembly was what they(EFCC officials) were
bringing up.

“What they were telling us was that somebody alleged that we forged the
signature among the signatures that we used to impeach the former Deputy
Speaker, Festus Ebea.

“I was taken completely aback. Then again, I’m not too surprised because
we all know that this is the systematic way they have been using to
harass and intimidate us since.

“But I want them to know that this is only going to make us stronger. We
will remain focused. We will not shake. We refuse to be intimidated.”

Meanwhile, the Edo State Police Command has said that it has charged 22
suspects in connection with last Saturday’s attack at the Edo State
House of Assembly Legislators’ Quartres to an Oredo Magistrate Court in
Benin.[/quote] only in nigeria can u hear all this news
Re: EFCC Releases Edo Assembly Speaker, Other Officers by kennyslim1(m): 5:23am On Oct 18, 2014
Atyodos:
only in nigeria can u hear all this news

What's wrong with the news?

Btw, where's your source

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Purchase Nomination Form For N22million / Why Don't We Deregulate When Prices Are Down? / 9ice Campaigns With Bottled Palm Wine & Alomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.