Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' (837 Views)

Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. / Before And After Picture Of Barack Obama Family. / Barack Obama 'abuses' Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' by bunmioguns(m): 3:22am On Oct 18, 2014
President Barack Obama's credit card was declined at a restaurant in New York City last month, he said.
"It turned out I guess I don't use it enough," Mr Obama said. "They thought there was some fraud going on."
Fortunately, he said, First Lady Michelle Obama had a credit card on hand and paid for the meal.
Mr Obama told the story at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as he announced new protections for debit cards used to deliver federal benefits.
An estimated 100 million Americans have been affected by identity theft in the past year, including high-profile security breaches at retailers like Target and Home Depot.
"I was trying to explain to the waitress, you know, I really think that I've been paying my bills," Mr Obama said. "Even I'm affected by this."
The US president is paid $400,000 (£250,000) per year, as well as given a non-taxable $50,000 expense account.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29664831

1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' by CuteMaro(m): 3:51am On Oct 18, 2014
ok
Re: Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' by seankay(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2014
When this kind thing go happen for Nija?
Re: Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' by panafrican(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Not true, the young man did not pay his bills on time, he was busy partying with his former college buddies. grin
Re: Barack Obama's Credit Card 'declined' by bunmioguns(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
panafrican:
Not true, the young man did not pay his bills on time, he was busy partying with his former college buddies. grin

grin

Na you sabi that one o

(1) (Reply)

CRAZY: Woman Tries To Eat Her Own Baby Few Days After Delivery / County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licence. / A Global Act Of False Flag Terror - On Tour: Ole Dammegård

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.