Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,545 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? (497 Views)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / If Nigerian Churches Were Stocks: Which Would You Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by asalimpo(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2014
Where was the irs/tax authority/govt? They ddnt giv churches a helping hand - infrastructure wise. But now,they want churches money.

Where were the critics who derided religious folks and coined phrases like "as poor as a church rat"

where were the flashy pastors , who dropped out of "secular life" to strt a ministry/go to bible school.

Where were the teeming members tht now fill churches up to second services.

Where were d banks loaning money to churches for buildg projects.

Where were d private detectives snooping in and reportg every detail of pastors lives?

Were were d prosperity critics?
Who now vehemently attack the good news - even those who aint christians

where was the news media, who now make good money fishing for and publicizing scandalous messages ,not of imams, but of pastors.

Where were d people ashamed of claiming "born again"?

Where were d unpaid counters, counting and reporting wealth of pastors?

Where was forbes list and other rankers?

Where was everybody wen churches had benches for seats.

When church buildings were made of unplastered blocks?

When air conditioning was by natural ventilation?

When car parks were outta d question?

When pastors were primary school graduates or secondary school graduates at most?

When being a pastor was synonymous with being poor and a nobody?

1 Like

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by davdandam(m): 7:11am On Oct 18, 2014
Pls help me ask them, hypocrites the mumus. Now everyone thinks they have a say,...calling pastors names, ridiculing the gospel even attacking God. Smh for this generation, I might not agree with everything that happens in our churches but I'll never open my mouth to slander the only true way to God that doesn't require taking human blood to make a point.

1 Like

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by 2cato: 7:14am On Oct 18, 2014
One thing is sure human beings will always give/make excuses for their short commings.
@op i will suggest you cover ur face in shame. Pastors buying expensive cars above N5 million naira is what and pastors having more than two private jet is what. EXCESSIVE GATHERING OF MUDANE THINGS AND TOYS.
Shame on you all.

3 Likes

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by YungwizzzyChina: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2014
All I read was an op who us been brainwashed beyond remedy

when dangote group was broke, anybody asked them for tax?

pastors are making money more than so many establishment so they must pay tax!!

1 Like

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by olmde(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2014
When churches were poor or when pastors were poor? The churches you are talking about helped their congregation directly, they helped the community they were in, they gave scholarships. Nowadays you have churches where the congregation helps build schools and this same congregation can't afford to put their kids in the schools cos of how expensive the fees are.
Besides, it's people that make up the church, churches (people) are still poor, it's the pastors that are rich nowadays.

1 Like

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by pesty100(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2014
People weren't advocating that churches shoud pay tax then cause they didn't have universities(where they collect exorhbitant fee), eateries, supermarkets, private jet chartering company, more I don't even remeber now

1 Like

Re: When Churches Were Poor, Where Was Everybody? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:20am On Oct 18, 2014
op don kolo, don't you know the primary goal of Christian is to stock up wealth in heaven and not on earth? there is no crime for pastor to live comfortably but to live in excess wealth when the majority of congregation is hungry is madness. to me na the same eye I take dey look both pastors and politicians

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Father's Love Letter To You / Adeboye Defends CAN President Over Jet Scandal / Myles Munroe And Wife Killed Crashed Plane.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.