Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You (4445 Views)

Beware ! Your Smart Phone May Be Teaching You Bad English / How To Take Sharp Photos With Your Smart Phone. / Why Your Smart Phone May Be Your Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by shaggy007(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
Collinz2:
no mod put any topic on front page, the topic enter automatically due to the number of comments it receive. Go to the front page click up to 3 topics and see the number of pages they have in it,

Oh ok. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I concluded based on all the "mods, move this to frontpage" I always see on nairaland.

Thanks again though.

3 Likes

Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
?
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by bablononi(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
IT JUST PROVED ITS NAME
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Collinz2(m): 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:

Oh ok. Thanks for the enlightenment.

I concluded based on all the "mods, move this to frontpage" I always see on nairaland.

Thanks again though.
u are always welcome.
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
shaggy007:
[size=18pt] WHY ISNT THIS TOPIC ON FRONT PAGE YET?

IF NA "difference between a male and a female" THE THING GO SPEED ENTER FP.

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE.

MOD's, DO THE NEEDFUL!

YOU ARE ALL VICTIMS TOO!
[/size]
we all know its endtime ish na...why you dy fear??..you don sin abi??... grin ..na joke ohh
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
toys2seven:
When popular Chinese handset maker Xiaomi Inc admitted that its devices were sending users' personal information back to a server in China, it prompted howls of protest and an investigation by Taiwan's government. The affair has also drawn attention…

The affair has also drawn attention to just how little we know about what happens between our smartphone and the outside world. In short: it might be in your pocket, but you don't call the shots.

As long as a device is switched on, it could be communicating with at least three different masters: the company that built it, the telephone company it connects to, and the developers of any third party applications you installed on the device - or were pre-installed before you bought it.

All these companies could have programmed the device to send data 'back home' to them over a wireless or cellular network - with or without the user's knowledge or consent. In Xiaomi's case, as soon as a user booted up their device it started sending personal data 'back home'.

This, Xiaomi said, was to allow users to send SMS messages without having to pay operator charges by routing the messages through Xiaomi's servers. To do that, the company said, it needed to know the contents of users' address books.

"What Xiaomi did originally was clearly wrong: they were collecting your address book and sending it to themselves without you ever agreeing to it," said Mikko Hypponen, whose computer security company F-Secure helped uncover the problem. "What's more, it was sent unencrypted."

Xiaomi has said it since fixed the problem by seeking users' permission first, and only sending data over encrypted connections, he noted.

Industry issue

Xiaomi is by no means alone in grabbing data from your phone as soon as you switch it on.

A cellular operator may collect data from you, ostensibly to improve how you set up your phone for the first time, says Bryce Boland, Asia Pacific chief technology officer at FireEye, an internet security firm. Handset makers, he said, may also be collecting information, from your location to how long it takes you to set up the phone.

"It's not that it's specific to any handset maker or telco," said Boland. "It's more of an industry problem, where organisations are taking steps to collect data they can use for a variety of purposes, which may be legitimate but potentially also have some privacy concerns."

Continue Reading: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2014/10/what-your-smart-phone-does-behind-you.html
adonbelivit.....na finland do my android..so e nor reach my side grin
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 19, 2014
Collinz2:
no mod put any topic on front page, the topic enter automatically due to the number of comments it receive. Go to the front page click up to 3 topics and see the number of pages they have in it,

I wont Check your profile but are you a learner.. undecided
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Collinz2(m): 8:08am On Oct 19, 2014
Bimfo:

I wont Check your profile but are you a learner.. undecided
u think am lying, if the mod put topic on front page, then whats so special about this thread that they wil put it in front page. When i created my first topic within 3hrs it has 5pages and it make front page. Dnt think the mods are the one putting it.
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by natureblack(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

What do you have that is worth spying on?
Just feeling important!
you never can tell what's hidden in the nigga's closet. lipsrsealed

Crime knows no personality

1 Like

Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by fr3do(m): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
natureblack:

Crime knows no financial status.

are you insinuating by default, a black person is of low financial status?
I didn't anything about if she had money.
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by lawrenceunaa: 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
no privacy again undecided
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by natureblack(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Disneyboy:
grin lemme book space incase dis make fp cool
I don't think so.

Most topics are just relatives to the front-page.

Examples:

***5 reasons your boyfriend should cheat on you
***72 unquestionable reasons your girlfriend should cheat on you.
***Tonto now sells akara and akamu in PH
***Davido tells Wizkid"thunder fire you"
***Linda Ikeji is now jobless and seeking to be a mod in Nairaland
***Orezi buys Mercedes Benz 190
*** who wore it better? Badmus Eniola vs PEJ
*** my yansh is my secret weapon- Anita Joseph
*** a letter to single broke guys
***Anna Banner confirms break-up with Flavour
***one of the numerous reasons to Wizkid's insanity is excess weed-Samklef
***Osuofia vs Saka:who wore is better?
***Peter Okoye is the new brand ambassador to Benson & Hedges
***Derenle strips unclad in Oshodi market
***T billz finds out the secret to Tiwa Savage's madness
***Reasons why you should date an im.becile
***Kcee urges Tiwa Savage to clear the air over her alledged insanity
***5 types of people you might find in a cemetery.
***Wizkid strikes a pose with Davido's son
***Linda Ikeji's outfit to Owerri festival:Hit or miss?

The list is endless,just mentioned few. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by natureblack(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

are you insinuating by default, a black person is of low financial status?
I didn't anything about if she had money.
alright,

Edited,Crime knows no personality,so what's the question undecided
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by khukhi(f): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

What do you have that is worth spying on?
Just feeling important!

You'd be surprised.
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by khukhi(f): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
natureblack:

Crime knows no personality
. grin
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by natureblack(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Collinz2:
u think am lying, if the mod put topic on front page, then whats so special about this thread that they wil put it in front page. When i created my first topic within 3hrs it has 5pages and it make front page. Dnt think the mods are the one putting it.

Bro, it does not work like that.. It does not matter the number of pages ur Topic gets to b4 it gets to the front page.. I ave seen only 1 comment topic that gets to front page.. There are SuperMods (Not just moderators) that put Topics on FP.. The Owner of the site (Seun) also put topics on Front Page..
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Disneyboy: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
natureblack:
I don't think so.

Examples:

Lolz..... grin grin grin
natureblack:
I don't think so.

Examples:

Lolz..... grin grin cheesy Dats true ni

1 Like

Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Collinz2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bimfo:

Bro, it does not work like that.. It does not matter the number of pages ur Topic gets to b4 it gets to the front page.. I ave seen only 1 comment topic that gets to front page.. There are SuperMods (Not just moderators) that put Topics on FP.. The Owner of the site (Seun) also put topics on Front Page..
i knw they can bt it also depend on the way the topic receives comment. Now u mean all the topic on fp are been put there by the moderator
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Collinz2:
i knw they can bt it also depend on the way the topic receives comment. Now u mean all the topic on fp are been put there by the moderator

YES! It must be reviewed by the SuperMods or the Owner.. There are 3 SuperMods as at January this Year.. I am sure of two.. JAYBEE and Mukina2.. Others are just Mods or some of the could ave been promoted to SuperMods but I doubt it..

Nairaland is so Big, that there are Topics with 1000+ pages and it has never made front page.. E.g, the Man United fans' thread.. Go to Sexūal board/Section and the Romance Board/Section or the Education board/section and it has never made front page since when I ave been on nairaland since 2011..
(At least I get to nairaland 1ce in a day to read news since 2011..)

The stuff is, Topics are recomended by mods and Users(In case of some Sections like Education Board/education) and it gets to the SuperMods and it get to.front page.. Topics dont just jump to front page sir. smiley

THE SUMMARY IS, IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOUR TOPIC HAS 100 PAGES, IT CAN MAKE FRONT PAGE B4 EVEN THE 1ST PERSON COMMENTS..
Re: What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You by Collinz2(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
I get u bt u are nt getting me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Whats The Best Music Player App For Android? / Iphone X And Galaxy Note 9. Which Is Better? / JUST FOR FUN!! What Is The Funniest Wifi Name You’ve Ever Seen Or Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.