Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Ask A Ghanaian Anything. - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. (19867 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Ghanaian Navy Arrests 8 Heavily Armed Nigerian Pirates (photos) / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by IloveGH: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ Accraman Lagosman, S3 wu se woy3 onua, me p3 s3 wu nkyr) biribi tin tin w) Twi mu na y3n hw3 grin
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AccraMan(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
IloveGH:
@ Accraman Lagosman, S3 wu se woy3 onua, me p3 s3 wu nkyr) biribi tin tin w) Twi mu na y3n hw3 grin
wufiri h3?
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by IloveGH: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
AccraMan:
wufiri h3?

LOSER!

Is that the best you can do? LOL! You didn't even understand a word in my sentence and you are claiming Ghanaian.

You can never be a Ghanaian. Not even in your dreams!

GET A LIFE dude, you have failed big time!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AccraMan(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
IloveGH:

LOSER!

Is that the best you can do? LOL! You didn't even understand a word in my sentence and you are claiming Ghanaian.

You can never be a Ghanaian. Not even in your dreams!

GET A LIFE dude, you have failed big time!!! grin grin grin
ok,can you just leave me? Wo ye azaa paaa!
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AzontoGhost(m): 7:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
AccraMan:
woboa!! wo mmom na woy3 azaa ne Awam!!

1 Like

Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AzontoGhost(m): 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
AccraMan:
woboa!! wo mmom na woy3 azaa ne Awam!!gringrin

1 Like

Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by chinedumo(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

please dont mind that time waster, $20 is equals to 66cedis, while $20 is equals to N4,000. see the difference?

$1 = 3.3 cedis
$1 = N160 ....... what an error

Then 1 cedi = N56. So my naija people please shut up!

i think this is after the redenomination

For example, let's reform the naira. Suppose the naira exchanged for 100 naira to a dollar pre-reform, it means to buy 100 naira worth of goods pre-reform an American needs $1. Now, post-reform we take out two zeros and turn 100 naira to 1 naira, it means to buy 100 naira worth of goods at pre-reform prices, a Nigerian needs 1 naira post-reform. Now this also means to buy 1 naira worth of goods post-reform, an American still needs $1 post-reform.
As you can see, even though the exchange rate has been changed nominally to $1 to a naira, in real terms, the exchange rate remains the same.
This is why we say a currency reform has no effect on real prices

Today at current exchange rate, and If Ghana had not redenominated, £1 = N250 = 31,000.00 cedis i.e 3.1 cedis today.
When Ghana redenominated in 2007 , and rounded down decimal places, the exchange rate became 2 cedis to £1 and approximately $1 to 1 cedi. Back then, and as has been the case for a while, Naira hovered around N255 to £1. Meaning N255 bought 2cedis. Today, as we speak Naira is still around N255.00 to £1 whereas it is £1 to 3.1 cedis. Today N255 now buys 3.1 cedis when it only bought 2cedis in 2007. This is why like-for-like comparison is always best to make issues crystal clear. Is it not now obvious which currency is stronger and has greater purchasing power?

It is more like.

10000 Pre-reform cedi = 1 post-reform cedi = N51
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by IloveGH: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
AzontoGhost:

woboa!! wo mmom na woy3 azaa ne Awam!!gringrin

Azaa ne Awam paa di3, Accraman y3 419er grin
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by GHKWAME1: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
chinedumo:

i think this is after the redenomination

For example, let's reform the naira. Suppose the naira exchanged for 100 naira to a dollar pre-reform, it means to buy 100 naira worth of goods pre-reform an American needs $1. Now, post-reform we take out two zeros and turn 100 naira to 1 naira, it means to buy 100 naira worth of goods at pre-reform prices, a Nigerian needs 1 naira post-reform. Now this also means to buy 1 naira worth of goods post-reform, an American still needs $1 post-reform.
As you can see, even though the exchange rate has been changed nominally to $1 to a naira, in real terms, the exchange rate remains the same.
This is why we say a currency reform has no effect on real prices

Today at current exchange rate, and If Ghana had not redenominated, £1 = N250 = 31,000.00 cedis i.e 3.1 cedis today.
When Ghana redenominated in 2007 , and rounded down decimal places, the exchange rate became 2 cedis to £1 and approximately $1 to 1 cedi. Back then, and as has been the case for a while, Naira hovered around N255 to £1. Meaning N255 bought 2cedis. Today, as we speak Naira is still around £255.00 to £1 whereas it is £1 to 3.1 cedis. Today N255 now buys 3.1 cedis when it only bought 2cedis in 2007. This is why like-for-like comparison is always best to make issues crystal clear. Is it not now obvious which currency is stronger and has greater purchasing power?

Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by eightsin(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Interesting thread
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by Helghast: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Nice thread Op, I like the fact that this hasn't turned into another Nigeria Vs Ghana battlefield. A lot of my Ghanaian friends down here South, always talk about how "Ghanaians and Nigerians are like Boiling oil and Water Sh*t happens when you combine the two"

This is a very informative Thread.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by Helghast: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
AccraMan:
Ask a ghanaian anything about ghana......
Ok I'm just curious to know, what is the average Ghanaian's opinion about South Africa or South Africans in general, well that's if you even have an opinion about S.A
Be honest
*My Nigerian Brothers and Sisters please don't tell us your opinions about S.A*
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AccraMan(m): 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2014
Helghast:

Ok I'm just curious to know, what is the average Ghanaian's opinion about South Africa or South Africans in general, well that's if you even have an opinion about S.A
Be honest
*My Nigerian Brothers and Sisters please don't tell us your opinions about S.A*
personally,i don't have any beef with south africans and am sure thats the case with most ghanaians! Though they can be annonying sometimes with comments such as "west africans are too loud,they boast alot"......
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by AccraMan(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Helghast:
Nice thread Op, I like the fact that this hasn't turned into another Nigeria Vs Ghana battlefield. A lot of my Ghanaian friends down here South, always talk about how "Ghanaians and Nigerians are like Boiling oil and Water Sh*t happens when you combine the two"

This is a very informative Thread.
thanks to you! Ghanaians and nigerians are like brothers and sisters,the nigerian government and its people helps us alot and its reciprocal...
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by Helghast: 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2014
AccraMan:
personally,i don't have any beef with south africans and am sure thats the case with most ghanaians! Though they can be annonying sometimes with comments such as "west africans are too loud,they boast alot"......

But no honestly dude you guys bragg about almost anything, Electricity, Money, Population, Cities,"Swag",Electricity...
You guys bragg too much dude.
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by Helghast: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
AccraMan:
thanks to you! Ghanaians and nigerians are like brothers and sisters,the nigerian government and its people helps us alot and its reciprocal...

Lol what did we do?
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by iamord(m): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2014
reedonne:

IAMORD is probably the olderst ghanian on Nairaland and he never bash Nigeria. - Fact

Well am probably one of the youngest , but think above my age group. I don't bash nigeria cos the problem is not nigeria but nigerians , most especially on here.. When I find someone saying something misleading I will not hesitate to put the person to order
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by reedonne: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
iamord:

Well am probably one of the youngest , but think above my age group. I don't bash nigeria cos the problem is not nigeria but nigerians , most especially on here.. When I find someone saying something misleading I will not hesitate to put the person to order
I dont mean oldest in term of age but in term of time you registered to NL.
Re: Ask A Ghanaian Anything. by iamord(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
reedonne:

I dont mean oldest in term of age but in term of time you registered to NL.

Nahh! I don't think so.. I met a lot of ghanaians which have been on here before me . Prob some got their accounts closed back then

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US / US To Send More Bombs And Warplanes To Israel / 10 Important Political Events In 2019 That Could Affect Global Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.