Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (6201 Views)

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by goodguy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2005
I was actually considering doing that. But I don't want be disqualified. grin
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by larger20(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2005
I live in america and i aint completley liking it..I am going back to nigeria after school to be the second nigerian dangote
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by goodguy(m): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2005
That's what so many sensible Nigerians going over there want to accomplish also. grin
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 1:41am On Nov 23, 2005
I live in america and i aint completley liking it..I am going back to nigeria after school to be the second nigerian dangote

What is it you are not liking about the USA?
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by cheechako(m): 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2005
Do you really believe in the lottery?? O.K. Than I am the POPE! Do you really believe that your hard earned 100.u.s.d for registration for a visa other than the lottery will be approved and if it isn't, you wil get a refund on your money?? Than I am a WHITE ELEPHANT!! Stop wishin, young and old to go to america and quit making this embassy rich and RICHER! Did you know that this u.s. embassy goes through about 3,000 Nigerians hard earned 100.u.s.d. per day/non-refundable?? (In Algeria it is only 50.usd, HUH?) Do the math, it is about 6 million usd per month with a small percentage of visa's granted. They are laughing all the way to the bank. O.K., now the big one, I am an american, married to a beautiful Nigerian with 2 children and one on the way. Where am I now?? Well, I am not in the U.S.of A. with my beautiful family visiting my monther, their Grandmother for the holidays. WHY?? I was told to my face from a punk behind the window that my marriage is probably 419. Jeez! If their wasn't a glass between us!!@#$%^%&#@!!! Let's do the math again. I liked the bankers reply above me. Let's say you get a visa, no, let's say you get a work permit, wow! You get a minimum wage job with hopes of something better. That might be around 1000.usd per month, Government gets about 30% so you have 700.usd left. Ah Good. Wait, you need a flat, that should cost, wherever you live, maybe 4-500.usd per month, (with a 1st and last month deposit @500.usd ea.) this leaves you with maybe 200.usd. Now there is light, water, phone, transport, food, which might leave you with about 2.usd for a Guida on the last friday of the month. Very disappointing for a Nigerian who might have extended family obligations and nothing to send home. You see, the Embassies are merely a business entity, only they steal the money of good citizens crushing their hopes and dreams by denial. I have been only trying to get my family to visit and meet my/our american family, I don't even want to live there. I believe in the future of Nigeria and the power of the people. In short/long (lol) I guess I am saying DON"T GO! Don't even go to the embassy, stay away for, let's say one month solid and watch them SWEAT!
Good Luck to each and everyone of you. I do hope you fulfill your dreams.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2005
@cheechako, what do you mean by saying they (Nigerian Visa Seeksers) are making the embassies rich. For sure i know the embassy is not forcing people to apply for visa.

When you did compare the amount they are charging in Algeria they are simply doing what is known as demand and supply cheesy cheesy cheesy.

I really thank you for xraying what's obtainable out there for Nigerians here to see.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by cheechako(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2005
joftech, good observation. you are correct, Nigerians are applying by choice, but where are the false hopes coming from. I have done the research, in the year 2003, approximately 700,000 Nigerians applied and the numbers I found of actual visas granted were about 45,000, but, this total is not only citizens this a compilation of visas for crews for shipping, and various other visas different from one you may apply for. So, the numbers actually would be quite less. This is not too cool of a percentage.
I agree with you on the supply and demand, but, where there would be a less applicants, we would think the price would be hegher. In Nigeria, with the high amount of applicants, we would thing the price could be lower (non-refundable). If you go into our u.s. department of state sites and other government sites you could find all sorts of info, it's very cool. It makes me wonder why the price is going so high today anyway. Years ago I could understand with no e-mail, internet, fax, etc. but now, it takes one person today to do the work of ten or more persons working yesterday. One internet connection, no postage. WOW! What really does this 100.usd cover? A night out on V.I. for the mindless behind the glass?
Thank you JT
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by joftech(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2005
Propably they are using the visa fee to tell Nigerians to stay in their country. Most of the people seeking visas do recount lots of hardships they are been subjected to.

And when they are refused visa you see them go about in a dejected mood.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by kayboy: 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2005
thanx so much for making people know more into this issue of visa lottery thing...u see,i hear some pastors saying in church...''God will grant u an American visa''..it shows that even a man of God has no faith in this country...we should all be praying for the country not running from it..i know its pretty hard to live here..but respect comes when u struggle in a very hard place like Nigeria and still overcome.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by niceuzor: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2007
Guess its Over Now?

So When Is The Result Coming Out?

I need Answer from All The Poster Here.

Cheers.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by UPRISING: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2007
EVEN IF AM STILL IN NIGERIA TODAY NO AMOUNT
OF WORDS THAT WILL CHANGE MY MIND FROM
GOING TO USA, BUT NOW I AM IN THE SO CALLED
AMERICA,, WELL AM JUST TRYING TO TELL YOU
GUYS/GALS THAT IS NOT JUST EASY HERE IN USA
IS VERY HARD, BUT YOU NEED TO COME AND SEE
WITH UR EYES SO THAT U TOO WILL HAVE SOME THING
TO SAY, USA IS A NICE PLACE IN THE WORD TO VISIT,
BUT LIVING IN THE USA,, FORGET IT, I PRAY AS
MANY OF YOU WHO HAVE THE CHANCE WIN, TO COME
AND JOIN US, AND PLS DON'T BE DECIVED BY EVERYTHING
U WATCH ON TELEVISION ABOUT AMERICA, IS PURE AND
REAL FAKE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 by Badero(m): 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2007
Seun, What a nice topic? If I may ask you, When will the result of the last one we applied for come out? I need urgent reply on this pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finland-how Is The Place / Help With Schegen Visa Issue / Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.