Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife (3102 Views)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Am I Over Reacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by 100Cents: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
bennyrazz:
@purityme, your problems are

1. Your hubby is snubbing you and keeping secrets to himself?

2. Your hubby is not satisfying you on bed?

3. Your hubby does not give you enough money?

what else?

I hear you.

See what APC has done to this family...
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by 100Cents: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
purityme:
That my problm, and once I remember my past I always compare which will later turn to nagging. I don't want to be a nagging wife I want to be a luving one. The more I try the more I fail, I want to endure life d way it comes but am getting weaker.

Me want to ENJOY life....
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by 100Cents: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Chillisauce:
This is what happens when the society keep pressuring young girls to get married, and also when the girls dont use their heads.

OP, you got married to your husbands because of some benefits and im sure you didnt love him. Now, those benefits are longer yielding value, you find it difficult to cope.

Your problem can be solved by

1. try and look for some way to restore back the benefits that made you got married to him. (money, security etc) if it means you both reversing the role.

2. Endure him, keep enduring him, just keep doing it, just like you started it when you got married to him, continue it. Even those days you will feel sorry for yourself, dont give up because this is what you signed for , thinking of what people will say if you dont get married.
3. Free yourself from him, let him go, find someone who will love him, while you find someone for yourself.

You only get to live life once. Make a decision you know will make you and others around you happy.

She said she was desperate for marriage but her boyfriend was not ready...

She also said she wants to keep enduring her marriage.. hehe.

Nigerian ladies. One has to be really a crazy guy, a player and a clown to be able to keep these girls.

Imagine, Juliet Ibrahim just divorced her husband. Like Tiwa wants to. If Op were independent, she go just fashiit this her husband.

But I have also found a lady claiming her bf keeps secrets a lot yet when I tried dating her, she was the paragon of secrecy.

Op, make sure what you are accusing your husband about isn't what you are..

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Amjustme: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
I think wives need to change how they confront their husbands; truth is men listen more when ur not nagging at them. With the gender equality wind, women have thrown d traditional ways of marriage....I think we need to pick some of those traditions for our marriages to survive and also trust GOD for good homes.
Surprise ur husband, don't nag...calmly present ur points to him datz d only way he will reason with u!
He is an adult! A man.... not ur son.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
Your husband is not your ex and will never be. Please accept that fact and STOP comparing him to your ex.
Your ex is history (at least, he should be; no excuses!).

Is your husband a quiet man? Quiet people are often seen as being snobby because they keep things to themselves nor interact much with others. With some encouragement, these are things that can be changed, unlike other aspects of people's personality. You can help him get better.

If you're comparing him to your ex, it would surely show in the way you treat him, in the way you interact and respond to him, in the way you make love to him, etc. His actions might even irritate you and the things he does for you won't be good enough. In other words, it would be impossible for you to be your best to your husband and if he's already a quiet man, it would only cause him to retreat even further. I'm sure he has played his own part too - in the issues you're facing, but you didn't mention anything incredibly negative about him, other than him being snobby and keeping things to himself.

Communication is important. Tell him how you feel and encourage him to open up to you more. Over time, married couples tend to mimic each other, so you yourself should try drawing close to him (since you've been comparing him to your ex, I bet you've not been doing this), open up to him and he would start doing the same. If you love this man and are interested in saving your marriage, you have to make the conscious decision to stop comparing him to your ex. STOP.

Are you still in love with your ex? Is that it? It's been two years and you still can't let go.
If that's the problem, then that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
Talon05:

I love you so much and really i'm in awe of you already. It's not hard to figure out that you are a sweet, matured and awesome wife to a certain man and I swear down that man is lucky to have you.

And really miss chillisauce really need to chill.

Thanks for your kind words. God bless you and your home too.
You were wrong though . . . . its the other way round. I am the lucky one to have him wink

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
purityme:
Thanks ma I will work things out just as u adviced

UWC
Just Try and have an open mind & understand that there is no perfect husband, wife or marriage
It is well
x
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
100Cents:

She said she was desperate for marriage but her husband was not ready...

She also said she wants to keep enduring her marriage.. hehe.

Nigerian ladies. One has to be really a crazy guy, a player and a clown to be able to keep these girls.

Imagine, Juliet Ibrahim just divorced her husband. Like Tiwa wants to. If Op were independent, she go just fashiit this her husband.

But I have also found a lady claiming her bf keeps secrets a lot yet when I tried dating her, she was the paragon of secrecy.

Op, make sure what you are accusing your husband about isn't what you are..

A case of pot calling kettle black . No make me laugh this night

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
purityme:
Thanks for your advice but I don't marry him for any benefit I married him cause I luv him and he loved me too. I dnt rush into marriage I took my time and we did court for 4yrs before we got married.

I bet while you were courting him you were still dating your ex, hoping he will propose sooner or later.

People get married for different reasons, sucurity, finance, protection, love etc, but some don't even know why they are saying yes until the reason why they got martied to the individual has shown his face. Job loss, the features gone....

I bet if you really loved your spouse, the enduring phase won't be long until you overcome the hurdle. Now, all I can sense from your post is pity.

After courting for 4 yrs, you still dey remember one ex. Tell me something else.

Anyway, I don give you my own advice o. You dont have to take it,

I can imagine you enduring, enduring then he farts one day under the sheet, and your endurance level is this high, and you snap ... The fart will now trigger something in you that ..

Sit and tell yourself the truth why you married him, if it's anything that has to do with finance as I earlier said , try and make up in that area for now .

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
Talon05:

I love you so much and really i'm in awe of you already. It's not hard to figure out that you are a sweet, matured and awesome wife to a certain man and I swear down that man is lucky to have you.

I rove you too kiss
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 19, 2014
Talon05:

I love her too And always look forward to read her post.
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Fxwarrior: 5:29am On Oct 19, 2014
purityme:
Yes my hubby is a snub, he don't satisfy me on bed,and NO its not about money its more abt emotions den money. Money can't buy peace of mind I want Peace of mind

Use Burutashi to cook his food. Besides how do you dress? Some women after maarriaage start wearing grandma clothes.Are you still appealing? Wear your seducing mini skirts and take a go at him. Every man wants an active woman who takes initiative. Be a tigress in bed. Climb him and do ya thang.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Bibol(f): 5:34am On Oct 19, 2014
Pls never let comparison steal your joy
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by bennyrazz: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2014
100Cents:

I hear you.

See what APC has done to this family...
smh
Re: Please Advice Me, Am I Over Reacting. I Want To Be A Good Wife by Talon05: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
Chillisauce:

I rove you too kiss
Awwwwwwwnn i'm flattered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. / Husband ‘sues New Wife For Fraud’ After Seeing Her Without Make Up / Help: My Mother Stopped Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.