Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 (689 Views)

Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP / People Who Ruined Jonathan's Chances Of Winning Come Feb 14 / Jonathan Will Defeat Buhari Come Febuary 14th 2015 - Tony Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 by temitopeadeyemo: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
I have read many comments on different social media platforms on the next presidential elections and I believe this is good for our democracy. Many of us here were not born when GMB ruled or were little to really experience what happened during his short tenure as a military head of state. So what we have is history. I have a few thoughts and I hope this will help us decide who to vote for in the coming general elections.

First of all, what do we really want as a nation? what do want our country to do for us? What do we require of our leadership? Secondly, What is our biggest headache (or greatest problem) facing us as a nation? I will leave the first question to all of us to answer. To answer the second question, I would say leadership; not corruption, impunity, terrorism nor religion. Leadership. Is this present administration really leading or drowning us? Do we need a change? If we do, what kind of change do we need?

Now, this is what I think. The present administration has a litany of goofs and mishaps which has made us a spectacle of ridicule in the community of nations. We have MAULAG, "diaris god o," #bringbackjonathan2015, cure for ebola, "corruption is not stealing, etc. Nigeria has never, in the history of our existence, had a purposeless, vision-less, reactive and unenthusiastic leadership. We may have had corrupt, brutal and unpopular leaderships in the past, but never purposeless, never vision-less. They always stand for something. Jonathan's administration is also stinking. If we are going to label this government with a name, the best pick would be corruption. Malibu scam, pension scams, 20 billion dollars oil scam, cash for job scandal- FRSC, fuel subsidy, 9.2 billion cash in SA and many more. Jonathan has only six years and we have never had it this bad in any democratically elected government. Oh, don't forget state pardon given to wanted criminals who looted our treasury. In all of this, no single person have been jailed. This is sad. We cannot deny that Jonathan did some good. Yes, youwin, agriculture, automotive policy, etc. But has he provided us with the right leadership we need? I would say no.

Now to General Buhari, whose declaration for the ultimate public position in Nigeria has got a lot of Nigerians thinking, I will give you some reasons why I will vote for him. Firstly, no politician, dead or alive, can contest his integrity. He is known for his incorruptible personality. He had many opportunities to retire in nauseating vanity like many of his contemporaries but he chose to be honourable. Secondly, does anybody truly believer that one person can 'islamise' Nigeria? This country will burn to the ground before that ever happens. I have heard some people say that Buhari is an extremist. That he will turn Nigeria into an islamic state. This is democracy for crying out loud! We have a constitution and a legislative arm of government. If it were possible for a president to single handedly make such decision, then Obasanjo could have had his way for a third term. Another bone of contention is his age. Many believe he is too old to rule Nigeria. We have examples of both old and young leaders in this country who never did us any good. Leadership is never a question of age but a question of character. Mandela became SA's president at 77. My people say if we don't know where we are going, we at least know where we are coming from. I will vote for Buhari and I will encourage you to also.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 by sammyyoung2(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2014
U are on the right course brother, me and my darling wife, her parents plus mine, my siblings plus hers.......our vote is for Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 by quinnboy: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2014
I want to experience GOº°ºooOº°ºood governance in this country, so my vote goes for the General.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 by iterator25: 9:38am On Oct 19, 2014
I acknowledge the work GEJ has done thus far, however, Nigeria needs a paradigm shift.. only someone that understands the forces that shaped this country can rule it.. Nigeria needs a harsh president! not a supporter of APC, people should use their brain
Re: Why I Will Vote For Buhari Come Feb. 2015 by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2014
sammyyoung2:
U are on the right course brother, me and my darling wife, her parents plus mine, my siblings plus hers.......our vote is for Buhari.

GEJ TILL 2019 HATERS CAN GO AND KISS HOT ELECTRIC IRON

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Mobile Numbers Database LGA Sorted....3k / Who Owns Nairaland? / Shekau ‘resurrects’, Denies Ceasefire, Says Chibok Girls Married Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.