Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? (3059 Views)

Breaking News: FG In Trouble As Bukola Saraki Hires 2 New SANs: Photo / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by lwise(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2008
25 new SANs emerge - Falana, Ezekhome missing from list

The Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Idris Kutigi, on Thursday conferred the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) on 24 legal practitioners and an academic.

The names of the successful applicants were announced during a media briefing by the Supreme Court Chief Registrar and the committee’s secretary, Usman Alhaji Musale, in Abuja.

Two names conspicuously missing from the list of the successful applicants were those of Femi Falana and Mike Ezekhome. Musale explained that though the duo was shortlisted, they were dropped at the final stage, noting that the conferment of the silk was a privilege and not a right.

Musale said that a total of 126 legal practitioners and academics applied for the rank. According to him, “a total of 126 legal practitioners and academics applied for the rank, out of whom 19 were academicians and 117, advocates.

“After the filtration processes and the interview, 61 advocates were shortlisted for consideration with three academics.” He added that the committee applied considerations based on its discretionary power and 25 applicants came through including the immediate past General Secreatary of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr. Lawal Rabbana Adeyanju.

Other successful applicants included Charles Ajuyah, Adetokunbo Omorogie Okeaya-Inneh, Sagay Omatsoguwa Mogbeyi, Andrew Osaro Eghobamien, Oladipo Aigbedo Okpeseyi, Charles Adogah, Clement O.I. Okwusogu, Donald Chika Denwigwe, Ulasi Raleke Obiefuna, Njemanze Ken Chukwuma Ohir, Eze Duru-Iheoma, Kola Babalola, Karina Tunyan, Eyitayo Jegede, Babajide Olatokunbo Koku, Fagbohunlu John Babatunde and Daramola Lucas Olu.

The list also included Alhaji Olasunkanmi Alimi Sanusi, Lawal Mohammed Pedro, Olabisi Oluyemi Soyebo, Anthony Aondo-akaa Ijohor, Abubakar Malami and Suleiman Abdulkadir.
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by MCUsman(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2008
@ 25 New Sans Emerge - Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

lwise:

conferment of the silk was a privilege and not a right.

Didn't you just gave the anser yourself tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by lwise(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2008
does dat implies that falana is not priviledge to be a SAN,
na wa for this country ooooooooo
I remember that of Gani Fawehinmi ,they denied him for so long
because they said "confirment of the silk was a privilege not a right".
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by Jarus(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2008
Sorry Falana and others. Everybody knows your quality.
Congrats my townsman and family friend-Rabana Lawal. Swelling the number of SAN from Offa no tribalism intended
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by lwise(m): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2008
ife
selfish nigerian
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by yewaman: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2008
confirment of the SAN title most times is poliitcal not by your experience at the bar,
Gani Fawehinmi took a long time before he was confirmed as 'SAN'
so Uncle Femi should wait for his time.
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by lwise(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2008
@yewa
but that shldnt be the case
its not like that in other countries
everything in Nigeria is different
must we politicise everything in this country
imagine
even in the ministry of justice, haba,
Re: 25 New Sans Emerge. Falana, Ezekhome Missing From List. Why? by opetu: 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2008
Femi Falana and Mike Ezekhome were not "successful" because they cannot offer bribe to The Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee.I know 2 of my colleaggues that were conferred this year and they confided in me how much they spent as bribe. I equally have 6 freinds that were conferred in the past and they equally confided in me how much they spent as bribe. The Legal Practicioners Privilege Committee should stop fooling itself (not Nigerians) by relying on the fact that after all, the conferment is a privillege and not a right. I have the greatest respecvt for the present CJN but the Committee is rotten. The conferment of SAN is now becoming ability to pay Millions of Naira as bribe or "he is the child of a SAN" I concede that some of the lawyers conferred deserve it especially from the academics.I wish the EFCC or ICPC could beam their search light to the corrupt activities of the Committee. Imagine another friend that was not "successful" this year but paid the bribe was promised next year.

(1) (Reply)

Undiluted Words For The Ibo / Igbos Are Hebrews, Minted Nigerian Coin With The Star Of David / How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.