Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach (1304 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by manuch(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
THE Nigeria Football Federation (NNF) Chairman, Amuja Pinnick, on Friday, disclosed that the country’s ruling football body had signed a deal with a company that has agreed to bankroll the salary of a new foreign coach for one full year. He said the NFF has concluded the deal that would take the country’s football and the Super Eagles to greater heights. He spoke at the Ikoyi Club 1938 Table Tennis Tournament, Lagos, sponsored by the Arco Petrochemical Company Limited.

“Only today, I was privileged to get to a company…it’s not that we don’t believe in Nigerian coaches, we believe so much in Nigerian coaches, but right now we need a foreign coach to actually train and rediscover our potentials.

“We concluded a deal to sign a foreign coach and the company has agreed to pay the foreign coach for one full year. We have done that. Our approach is basically scientific and you will see the result in due course,” Pinnick said.

According to the new NFF helmsman, who spoke on football without relegating the table tennis championship he came for: “There is an event going on right now in Nigeria. I was elected exactly three weeks ago. From then till now I have turned grey; that shows that football is a very tedious business. But our approach this time is basically scientific. Like I told someone, United Kingdom (UK) today is not the best footballing nation.

“But today they have the best and richest football culture. And that is exactly what we are trying to do in Nigeria. Victory to us is not defined by winning laurels everyday, but victory to us is creating a scientific approach to sustaining football development in Nigeria, where you can go to the stadium with your kids and watch matches.”

Mr. Pinnick, however, said that the reason for the choice of a foreign coach was for the country to redeem its pride of place in the footballing world. “Our approach is long, short, and medium terms. Our short approach is creating a data-base of the best Nigerians players.”

“For example, Obafemi Martins is the hottest commodity today, I wonder why you will go to China to get a player instead of Martins. NNF will not allow that. We are going to give from a pool of players to take from. Our Federation will also get all the clubs to have the Under-13 clubs where they will have their own junior league. Our approach is basically to get them young and nurture them.
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by davdandam(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by adegwurulez(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
source?
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by redcliff: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
But why does nigeria and nigerians go one step foward and take 2steps backwards?

Doing the same type(s) of things over snd over again.. smh..

1 Like

Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by starlingbawa(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Firstly the title of the thread and the actual body of the thread are at variance, because there's clearly nowhere in that write up that states emphatically that the NFF had sealed a deal for a new foreign technical adviser for the Super Eagles!

The new NFF chairman is saying a lot in a short space of time, let's all hope that words will be matched with concrete action.
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by olutunde12(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=starlingbawa post=27277182]Firstly the title of the thread and the actual body of the thread are at variance, because there's clearly nowhere in that write up that states emphatically that the NFF had sealed a deal for a new foreign technical adviser for the Super Eagles!

The new NFF chairman is saying a lot in a short space of time, let's all hope that words will be matched with concrete action.

Are we new to all these talks? Was Lagerback not a foreign coach? Keshi brought to our football.
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by Truth24(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
Owk.
Patiently waiting for Fp
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by ukukaegbu(m): 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
I think this Mr Pinnick will perform well.

But that guy from the Chinese League justified his inclusion by scoring a nice goal on his debut.
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by FearGodinall: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
All is a step on a right direction but nff to give a pool of players to select from I think is stupid because if nff feel they can do the job why hiring a coach at the first place? If they are going for a coach, allow him to do what he knows how to do.
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
The last time a foreign coach won us anything was in 1994 - 20 years ago.

When will we learn?
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by Afrok(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nairalanders creating threads with different topics just to generate traffick since 1880 undecided, smh.... lipsrsealed
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by Glowstone(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
End time tinz
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by SaintMykel108: 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
cool
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by mummyson26(m): 12:58am On Oct 20, 2014
ukukaegbu:
I think this Mr Pinnick will perform well.

But that guy from the Chinese League justified his inclusion by scoring a nice goal on his debut.
U mean by scoring a chinese like goal
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by ukukaegbu(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2014
mummyson26:

U mean by scoring a chinese like goal

That goal is above Chinese standard
Re: PINNICK: We’ve Sealed Deal On A Foreign Coach by vokalguy(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2014
Curious to know the company that will be paying for this new foreign coach.... anyway there are some things this new NFF boss needs to do.

1. Please Hire a coach with credibility, not a mediocre coach who is barely known outside the shores of his country.

2. The contract with Adidas expires at the end of the year, they are not keen on renewing it (not as if they made good kits for us anyway). I think they should start negotiating with a kit manufacturer that will take us to the next level.... I will prefer Puma, one thing they will guarantee is quality kit and availability of these kits.

3. Give the new manager all the freedom he needs, let him pick his coaching staff. Do not force him to work with someone he does not want to work with, it will only lead to failure.

4. Have a freaking recognized National team Stadium. England plays in Wembley, not Old Trafford, not Emirates! Today you play in Calabar, tomorrow Abuja, that nonsense needs to stop!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria U20 Must Braced Up Ad Brazil Naame A Strong Squad For The Tournament / Thread For Wwe Fans / Shocking! Two Man Utd Senior Players Fought During The Manchester Derby Halftime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.