Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

I Was Not Sacked - Stephen Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Not Sacked - Stephen Keshi (446 Views)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Sacked - Stephen Keshi by OJtOp2(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
As against the news that rocked the media few days back, immediate former Head Coach of the Super Eagles, Mr. Stephen Keshi, has said he was not sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Keshi who spoke with newsmen while at the Kwara State stadium yesterday during the final of the 28th edition of the All Financial Institutions Football competition explained  that his contract with the NFF ended with the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, making it inappropriate for anyone to say he was sacked.

Keshi being an optimistic leader made it known that the Super Eagles could still qualify for the African Cup of Nations if the team really work hard at it. According to Punch, he said:

“I was never sacked by the NFF. It’s if you have an existing contract that you would be sacked. Super Eagles can still qualify for the 2015 AFCON. They have the chance, because the group is still open. They only need to work harder. “We need a lot of encouragement from Nigerians for the players to go ahead and qualify. I think we can qualify for the 2015 AFCON,” he said.

Nigeria is currently occupying the third position of Group A with four points, trailing Congo with seven points and  South Africa leading the group with eight points while Sudan places last with three points.
Re: I Was Not Sacked - Stephen Keshi by kelvine(m): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
We always dont know what to believe.
Re: I Was Not Sacked - Stephen Keshi by OJtOp2(m): 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Musa And Enyeama Named For Glo-caf Awards / Real Sociedad Appoints David Moyes As Coach / Former Chelsea Boss Avram Grant Appointed As New Ghana Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.