Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? (4082 Views)

Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best / 2003-05 Mitsubishi Outlander VS 2004-05 Toyota Corolla / Who Knows About The Mitsubishi Outlander 2003 Model? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 12:30am On Oct 20, 2014
Kindly advice me on the best of the three all 2003/2004 models considering durability,fuel economy,common faults and all other factors including gearbox problems and maintenance.
I am seriously thinking of picking one very soon. Ur contributions shall be of immense assistance.thanks.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Mazda tribute, ford escape = same car different name.

Personally don't like any of the cars you mentioned.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by femmy2010(m): 6:52am On Oct 20, 2014
The Mazda Tribute and Ford Escape are nice.
Go for either.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by mayor2013: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Danabu:
Kindly advice me on the best of the three all 2003/2004 models considering durability,fuel economy,common faults and all other factors including gearbox problems and maintenance.
I am seriously thinking of picking one very soon. Ur contributions shall be of immense assistance.thanks.

Both the mazda tribute and Ford escape share parts to a reasonable degree. With the Ford escape having its immobiliser in its instrument cluster is just a NO for me. Meaning if you change the instrument cluster you would have to reprogramme it for the car to start working again. As for mazda tribute its a nice car but its charging system is an issue. You can't compromise getting a new alternator.

Both cars are durable but I tell people maintenance culture is the key to keep your car moving cry

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

any at all? Kindly recommend a better midsize suv pls.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2014
mayor2013:

Both the mazda tribute and Ford escape share parts to a reasonable degree. With the Ford escape having its immobiliser in its instrument cluster is just a NO for me. Meaning if you change the instrument cluster you would have to reprogramme it for the car to start working again. As for mazda tribute its a nice car but its charging system is an issue. You can't compromise getting a new alternator.

thanks a lot
tilting towards Mazda then.

Both cars are durable but I tell people maintenance culture is the key to keep your car moving cry
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2014
Danabu:

any at all? Kindly recommend a better midsize suv pls.

lexus, highlander, crv.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

lexus, highlander, crv.

thanks but I don't think they fall within the same price range, do they?
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Gbam! You just spoke my mind.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
lomomike:

Gbam! You just spoke my mind .

and which do u suggest that will fall within the same price range?
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
You can go for either the Mazda tribute or the Ford escape.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Danabu:

and which do u suggest that will fall within the same price range?

Bro, do an extensive online and offline research visit and ask owners of these cars about their experiences owning such cars, go to car sale lots and inspect. Feed your eyes, if possible take each car for test drive and note their strengths and weaknesses. Then makeup your mind and follow your heart.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
lomomike:

Bro, do an extensive online and offline research visit and ask owners of these cars about their experiences owning such cars, go to car sale lots and inspect. Feed your eyes, if possible take each car for test drive and note their strengths and weaknesses. Then makeup your mind and follow your heart.

thanks.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by femmy2010(m): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Not everybody would drive a Toyota or a Lexus.
If the Escape or Tribute is what falls within your budget then go for it.
I know peeps that have used it with little or no complain.
Got similar views from friends when i was using a Mazda MPV,did served me while all the time i used it
My frank advice.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
femmy2010:
Not everybody would drive a Toyota or a Lexus.
If the Escape or Tribute is what falls within your budget then go for it.
I know peeps that have used it with little or no complain.
Got similar views from friends when i was using a Mazda MPV,did served me while all the time i used it
My frank advice.

A million thanks. Kinda like the outlander most but the fears of it being a Mitsubishi. Thanks once again.
Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 9:23am On Oct 21, 2014
Pros n cons

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape And Mitsubishi Outlander? by Danabu(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2014
But the outlander seems very thirsty.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates?? (LAGOS) / Help: Odometer/speedometer Not Working / Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.