Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? (1443 Views)

Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 20, 2014
I have owning a hearse listed on my bucket list but it's way down there.

Today I saw one online for really cheap and could be a great flip. Wifey caught m looking at it on my computer as she walked by.

She did a double take and proceeded to tell me how crazy the idea was.

So will you drive a hearse?
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 20, 2014
I would buy, and drive one.

They have character, are different, and once the rear interior is all stripped out, can be customised a treat.

I look at a hearse as a Limo in Wagon guise.
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 20, 2014
Hell No!

I won't even ride in one as a passenger. lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2014
There's an old Ford Granada-based hearse, in standard black, that used to roll about in my old neighbourhood. I remember it, because the license plate was, wait for it...

...D3ATH.

So it actually read as "DEATH". I posted a picture of it here on Nairaland, I'll try digging it out.
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Shagati(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2014
Siena:
There's an old Ford Granada-based hearse, in standard black, that used to roll about in my old neighbourhood. I remember it, because the license plate was, wait for it...
...D3ATH.
So it actually read as "DEATH". I posted a picture of it here on Nairaland, I'll try digging it out.

Hmmm

Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2014
^^^That's the one. I think it looks pretty cool. Awesome as a publicity car too.
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Lovetinz(m): 8:15am On Oct 20, 2014
Look at the bright side.
Have you ever seen a Policeman stop a Hearse to check for papers?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by doroboss(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2014
CityNG:
I have owning a hearse listed on my bucket list but it's way down there.

Today I saw one online for really cheap and could be a great flip. Wifey caught m looking at it on my computer as she walked by.

She did a double take and proceeded to tell me how crazy the idea was.

So will you drive a hearse?

hes calling you ko?

doroboss cool
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2014
[quote author=doroboss post=27292098

hes calling you ko?

doroboss cool[/quote]

Unfounded superstition.

The average Nigerian used hack has carried a corpse or two. Either taking a seriously ill person to hospital, who ended up dying in the car, picking up a dead relative from the morgue. Or even disposing of John Doe's.

So those of you in Nigeria who are superstitious, driving used cars, keep your eye on your rear view mirror, you never know what might spring up, or be rattling in the back seat.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Readonee35L(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hearse Aka The Last Ride
if i may ask why would you like to own one
suv cuv or saloon no do again
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Readonee35L(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Readonee35L:
Hearse Aka The Last Ride

Why would I like to own one? Well, it's a car, so why not? As I stated previously, many Nigerian used cars have been used in transporting corpses, so what's the difference?

The purpose, or shall I say use of an automobile defines what it is. If that black Ford Granada is not used in transporting corpses, it's not a hearse. If a Volvo 760 Estate is used to transporting bodies to and from the morgue, it's a hearse. If it's used in transporting patients to and from hospital, and has a revolving blue beacon on the roof, it's an ambulance. If it's used in doing school runs, it's a regular car.

If I owned that black Ford Granada, it would be fully stripped out, and furnished like a Limo, which is what it would become.
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
doroboss:

hes calling you ko?

doroboss cool

Thankfully I have matured beyond that superstitious BS that hold people like you back from developing wink
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Readonee35L:
Hearse Aka The Last Ride

Because it's got an internal combustion engine and has wheels?
Re: Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? by icemann(m): 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
I wouldn't buy one cause i don't see the use for the extra space (If i need to haul something i would use a truck). If i have to as a means of livelihood or transportation, i would. The dead are dead and i no kill em so why i go fear?

(1) (Reply)

Ride Sharing Apps And The Nigerian Market. / Please Where Can I Learn Driving With #10,000 In Lagos.? / How Much To Raise Car Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.