Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read (2081 Views)

Buhari’s Presidency A Misadventure For Nigerians – Fayose / Arms Deal Disbursements "I Was Acted On Jonathan's Instructions" .. Dasuki / 2015 Presidency-a Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by bigass(f): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2014
Maybe Buhari will be another fraud or folly on Nigerians when he wins. But any other "fraud or fuul" will be better than Jonathan. These polls reflect nothing but the truth. In 2010, I marched on the streets to protest in favour of a Jonathan Presidency, not because I believed for a second that he was the kind of leader Nigeria needed at the time; I did it because it was the right to do in order for the law, justice and good conscience to prevail.Today, I don't know if there is anyone in the entire world that feels as utterly embarrassed and horrified as I feel about the bottomless incompetence, public defence of stealing and senselessness from Jonathan. Having lived in 5 foreign countries and seen how smart Nigerians are considered to be in all spheres of life whether in business, medicine, technology, law, sciences, finance, and even the politics of some foreign countries, I struggle to reconcile that fact with the rather ridiculous fact that such a bunch of brilliant Africans would have such a ridiculous character as Jonathan as their leader. Sometimes, I look at my country and weep. I look at the Niger Deltans and feel sorry for them about what Obasanjo did to them by foisting Jonathan on them and the rest of Nigerians. Niger Delta has many smart competent and brilliant chaps who could transform this country across every tribe, tongue and religion if they were in Jonathan's position today. But today, Jonathan makes Niger Deltans look as if they are all "idyots". Jonathan is an idea that has worked for nobody in Nigeria except the few criminals and animals that are sucking the system dry because they are his cronies. Today, a Niger Deltan has made history as the very worst leader in Nigeria's history, and it reflects badly on the Niger Deltans. I know many people today who have vowed that a Niger Deltan will never get their votes for the presidency again. And it is not just because of President Jonathan's failure, but because of the way in which he has succeed in using some misguided fellows from Niger Delta in voicing ethnic bigotry each time someone rightly criticises his government on grounds of verifiable and obvious failings. It's either they are vowing to go to war against any removal (even if a lawful removal) of Jonathan or they are childishly vowing to take their oil. Meanwhile their own governors are getting N22 a month (bigger than the annual budget of some countries) and doing next to nothing for the impoverished and abused people of the Niger Delta. The debate on leadership has never been so low in our history. I mean, Northerners produced leaders that ruined this country just like Jonathan. However, at no time did we hear from Northerners responding to criticisms of such horrible leaders by making any threats such as the ethnic madness we've heard from Niger Deltans in the last 5 years. Some of the most ferrocious critics of Obasanjo were Yorubas. And even when other Nigerians criticised him, Yorubas did not make any threats. In fact, Yorubas wept because they said that giving Obasanjo the presidency in the name of giving it to Yorubas was like robbing the Yorubas. That is why Obasanjo and his candidates lose in every election in his own ward, local govt and state. And had he not killed Bola Ige, his Presidency would never have survived beyond 2003 as the AD - well supported by the Yorubas - would have dealt with him at the 2003 polls, which was why he killed Bola Ige who would have been wholly supported by the Yoruba people. But today, even when Jonathan comes on national television to stoutly and bullishly defend obvious corruption and stealing by a minister that has 5 official indictments for stealing of public funds since 2007, you would hear Niger Deltans saying "leave our son alone or we will take our oil". It's simply too low. Meanwhile, the ethnicists from Niger Delta are also victims of the same incompetence that they are defending. Who would have thought that Bodo Community in Niger Delta would be condemned to seeking justice from UK courts when their own son is the Commander-in-Chief? But they know he signed away their oil block (OPL 245) to Mohammed Abacha and Don Etiebet for a paltry share of the heist. Even as a Niger Deltan, Jonathan is busy planting serious ethnic rifts and fissures in his own region by using his Presidential office to rob some parts of the region their oil wealth in order to transfer the property rights of those assets to his own preferred communities. So I don't know any right-thinking person who would consider the Jonathan Presidency a good thing for the long-term well-being of Nigeria. Enough is enough, he has to go, unless we want to look even more "stoopid" in the eyes of the world. John McCain is telling us that we don't have a government under this guy named Jonathan. And that was the only reason he started looking for the Chibok girls whom he ignored and mocked. Even when he decided that he would look for them, he needed a plea and a visit by a foreigner to beg him and convince him to visit or meet the families of the children that his failure and the failure of his army chiefs delivered into the hands of disgusting murderers who call themselves boko haram. Enough is really enough! Jonathan has been one terrible nightmare for me as a Nigerian.And this is not just about Buhari or Jonathan. In a democracy, there is no other way for the people to command the respect of their politicians other than by showing the politicians that they can actually fire a ruling government. Sacking Jonathan and his arrogant goons in 2015 would send a clear signal to APC that nobody will take rubbish from them too.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2014
The writer is obviously suffering from selective amnesia.

6 Likes

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by atikubaba(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
[quote author=bigass post=27289446][/quote] u have said it all,Simple and plain
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by ogaofficer(m): 7:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Well said maam, the man fumble.

1 Like

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 20, 2014
Soo... which nigerians have spoken,this psycho on da hallucinating and mouth foaming monologue or da jobless n idle_arsse gono of a biitch op? Bulshiit..
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by blackfase(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2014
Jonathan is a major embarrassment to all conscientious presidents & what good governance represents.

5 Likes

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by naijarates(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Hmm, food for thought.
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by celeron40(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2014
Rexxie:
Soo... which nigerians have spoken,this psycho on da hallucinating and mouth foaming monologue or da jobless n idle_arsse gono of a biitch op? Bulshiit..
Can't u ppl make your point without sounding like teenagers?

5 Likes

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Deiok(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2014
Well said.
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by wanimo: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
I usually activiate my "read-only" after reading such garbage and trash. But i decided to encourage the writer to try harder next time so that his paymasters can increase his weekly wage to N1000.00 (one thousand naira only).
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by brownlord: 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
True, but not a Buhari
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Dmouthed(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
I never really liked Jonathan, but am yet to see that alternative.
VOte Buhari and suffer: Earthnic n religious Bondage, toture, and forced labour, even in ur own house.

1 Like

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 21, 2014
celeron40:
Can't u ppl make your point without sounding like teenagers?
if thats what u think then its only gonna happen the moment ur balls quits doing ur thinking and ur arsse,ur talking.
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by celeron40(m): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2014
Rexxie:

if thats what u think then its only gonna happen the moment ur balls quits doing ur thinking and ur arsse,ur talking.
God bless You.
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by shiffynaani(m): 9:53am On Oct 21, 2014
Jonathan's failure and gross incompetence reflect on every sector of the economy.he has failed and he shall fail again
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by shiffynaani(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2014
Jonathan's failure and gross incompetence reflect on every sector of the economy.he has failed and he shall fail again come 2015
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by shiffynaani(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
The writer is obviously suffering from selective amnesia.
if the writer is surffering from selective amnesia,then i think you are suffering from critical defaultive medulla oblongata

1 Like

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2014
shiffynaani:
if the writer is surffering from selective amnesia,then i think you are suffering from critical defaultive medulla oblongata

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

Smh!
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2014
[size=18pt]GEJ till 2015

#SaiOtuoke[/size]

1 Like

Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
GEJ till 2019
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
diluminati:
[size=18pt]GEJ till 2015

#SaiOtuoke[/size]
sai what?!
Ok i gatcha n yeah,#saiotuoke till '19..
Re: A True Nigerian's Take On Jonathan Presidency.a Must Read by musaibnabdul(m): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
Every patriot knows Gej is a failure, an embarassment. Vote GMB for the future of the Nigerian dream.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Lose Rivers Votes: 19 PDP Aspirants Vow / Federal Civil Servants To Receive Salaries Today. / Biafra: Transfer Me To Prison Custody, Kanu Begs Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.