Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving (17234 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by NaijaOptimist: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Many Nigerians who drive is guilty of one or more.
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
Drive
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by killjoy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
Aspiregreat:

nyccc ride
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Janet101(f): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Smoking n driving. Very annoying

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Jarus(m): 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
How about the "English Speakers"?

Two people, when one bashes the other, will park at the middle of the road and start speaking grammar, while other road users become spectators for those 10 minutes.

If they're women, 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Pamcrest(f): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
Op, many Nigerian drivers actually are guilty of these infractions....they don't know there's something called driving etiquette, many never went to driving school anyway. The worst offenders though are the commercial vehicle drivers - bus/danfo/taxi even okada!
If u even try to correct them, u get insulted.

PS- u forgot not respecting the pedestrians' right of way, speeding over zebra crossing and around school zones, running the red lights, etc. I guess we need driving reorientation and retraining in this country
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by AJ01(m): 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
missdebs:
the lovebirds: kissing nd romancing behind the wheels, usually a scene btw a rich oga @ d top nd his young gf
grin am guilty
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Iffffffy(f): 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Tallesty1:
If you're on motorway

And the woman driving in front of you turns on the wipers when it's not raining.

Please slow down cause.

It can only mean one thing...

She will be changing lanes.
so its only women that does that? Wrong!!!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by LORDI(m): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
What those people that spit saliva throught their window's while driving
2)-throw away pure water sachets,empty cans through the window.
3)-those commercial drivers that will stop in the middle of the road to carry passangers.
4)-the most annoying,..those taxi/buses that will overtake you,and park in your front to carry passangers,if you nor get good brakes,you don jam dem be that.
5)-those that will be eating while driving.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Vince77(m): 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Wat abt doz that neither stay on speed lane or slow lane. They jst be cruising in d middle of d road. And wen u honking ur horn for them to give way... u r just wasting ur time. Very annoying.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by darqly(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
I don't know why this riles me, but i can't stand seeing the driver of a vehicle putting his hand out the window and holding onto the roof of the car... angry I've tried it to see what gives, but nothing! Almost looks like the driver is holding the door from falling off.. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
NA HAND WE DEY USE TRAFIG8 here in IBADAN

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by cmpunk: 6:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
imagine ooo. one old man was negotiating a roundabout while I was driving right behind him today and suddenly he applied the brake and quickly called on the vendor guy loitering around to purchase newspaper right on a roundabout!!! I manoeuvred past him and felt like cursing but I just shook my head and drove on. WTF!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by tomsingun4(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2014
Regal + lipton = perfect driving ,my mk3 is a demon. ;DRegal + lipton = perfect driving ,my mk3 is a demon.
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by sucess001(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
[size=20pt]The most annoyin for me is a guy driving incredibly slowly...u horn for him...he doesn't go faster. The minute u den try to overtake him...d guy den steps on d accelerator as if to say 'you musnt pass me'....gosh![/size]

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by danadam(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nmeri17:
those mofos that will position behind u and will be trying to tell u that they just got a new horn undecided

what of those that come from nowhere and keep begging everyone on queue to let them enter

Very rampant here in kano.
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by danadam(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
smiley
Vince77:
Wat abt doz that neither stay on speed lane or slow lane. They jst be cruising in d middle of d road. And wen u honking ur horn for them to give way... u r just wasting ur time. Very annoying.

The keke guys are more guilty of this annoying attitude. The funny thing is they don't dare do that when a trailer or lorry is behind them. smiley
Vince77:

The keke guys are more guilty of this annoying attitude. The funny thing is they don't dare do that when a trailer or lorry is behind them.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by TheMadame(f): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Drivers that put their little kids aged 1-3 years on their laps while driving. So irritating. What are they trying to prove? That you love your kid or you are trying to teach him/her how to drive a car or you are just so damn stoopid? And while doing this at snail speed the line of vehicles behind you stretches as far as the eye can see. So annoying!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
My personal worst of them all - the one who is a lane polygamist. Cannot just keep to a lane and drive in a straight line like an adult. They will straddle two lanes and be eyeing a third and you'll be there behind them honking your horn fruitlessly. Gosh! This one makes me into the sort of foul-mouthed person that nobody will recognise.

Please to any Nigerian road users reading this: those dotted white lines on the road are not just helpful suggestions to be ignored at will. You are meant to drive inside a lane. Drive then indicate when you are coming out at least 3 seconds before you actually come out. Stop driving like illiterates! Please!

Honourable mention to the woman drivers who go around terrorising innocent drivers because the mugu at home is the one maintaining the car. Just continue o, you hear?
One day bushmeat go catch hunter.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
rickkid:
My personal worst of them all - the one who is a lane polygamist. Cannot just keep to a lane and drive in a straight line like an adult. They will straddle two lanes and be eyeing a third and you'll be there behind them honking your horn fruitlessly. Gosh! This one makes me into the sort of foul-mouthed person that nobody will recognise.

Please to any Nigerian road users reading this: those dotted white lines on the road are not just helpful suggestions to be ignored at will. You are meant to drive inside a lane. Drive then indicate when you are coming out at least 3 seconds before you actually come out. Stop driving like illiterates! Please!

Honourable mention to the woman drivers who go around terrorising innocent drivers because the mugu at home is the one maintaining the car. Just continue o, you hear?

I actually thought we women are more careful when it comes to driving,
The people that annoy me the most are those ones that will always straddle the lane, they refused to recognize the essence of that white line in the middle .
And another set of people are those that has has sworn never to use their indicator .
Ok. I am guilty of horn blasting only because of the above two lol.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by tolulope855(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
having my headlight on is not bad.....so I disagree with that/ #teamheadlighton/reasonable speed
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by miqos(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
how about driving and looking at the ladies driving other cars
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by orbis(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
What about the ladies that wear micro mini skirts while driving. This usually creep up when they sit down exposing fresh tempting laps. dang

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by debola23(f): 10:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
The one i hate most is taxi drivers that have their hands out permanently while driving. U dont know if they are trafficating or of they are gisting

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by blakky97(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
routsz:
he chooses to move @ d speed of snail. And when there's opportunity & u attempt to overtake him, he accelerates

I know this one very well
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by blakky97(m): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
rickkid:

women demonstrate stingyness when driving. and when you jump into their front without begging or looking at their frowning faces. they start chasing you and blaring horns to call your attention so they can use fingers to touch their heads to signal they are insulting you. I never look at them after the deed. if they like they should put navy or airforce sticker on the windscreen.
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by funkyjms: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lagusta:

correct!!! I love your logic!!!

But I can't get the logic...sad
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by tlo(f): 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
Putting on make up while driving
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by Lagusta(m): 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
funkyjms:

But I can't get the logic...sad

If you know how to drive, you'd know there are two levers beside the steering wheel; the one on the left controls the trafficators and lamps, while the other one on the right controls the
wipers

So sometimes, a woman may make the mistake of tapping the lever that controls the wipers instead of trafficating when changing lanes.....

The silly part is, even some men are guilty of that
Re: 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving by funkyjms: 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lagusta:

If you know how to drive, you'd know there are two levers beside the steering wheel; the one on the left controls the trafficators and lamps, while the other one on the right controls the
wipers

So sometimes, a woman may make the mistake of tapping the lever that controls the wipers instead of trafficating when changing lanes.....

The silly part is, even some men are guilty of that

Lol...thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) / Information On Volkswagen Bora / Manual Transmission : Issues & Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.