Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria (10962 Views)

SEE The Shocking State Of Most Nigerian Universities [PHOTOS] Check Yours Here / Gunmen Invade Birningwari Township In Kaduna State,bomb Police Station And Banks / Robbers Attack Three Banks In Ogbomoso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

you dont know what you saying! 1 cedi = N52

https://www.google.com.ng/?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=0HdFVNy6EoTjatjogogN#q=cedi+to+naira
Even the exchange rate you pasted here is almost the same with the 42000 for 800ghc ifyalways . Are you sure you dey Ghana so?

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:
The time now in Accra is 7:25 pm and can you believe i went to the atm to get cash and to my surprise the Bank, CAL bank, was still ope. I mean the doors flung wide open. The workers were moving freely. Then i took a look at the gate, it was open wide and just one or two security and no police man with arms or bullion vans around. The same scenario happened at utc bank and eco bank, and at this particular hour.
Lets take a similar look to Nigeria banks at this hour. You wont even see a single light in the bank because all the doors have been shut, the atm is locked up inside and even the ones outside are insecure. Then the gates are barely open as you walk in to the atm with stern looking faces of security personnel all over you. Not forgetting police cars and securities with guns.
what changed in Nigeria?
op ur bank might hv been in AJ city
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
Billyonaire:
Call their customer care number, then apologize to me once you do.
I will most definitely
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Rijes: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
ifyalways:

800 ghc is just about 42,000 ngn.

As per topic, crime rate in Ghana is generally low.
Guy u can lie....
U need an award
I naira.....0.03 dollar now goggle it.
1 naira to cedis
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by experimentist: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

then whats the need of heavily armed security guards around atms and the bank premises? I thought it was a normal thing with all banks until tonight i saw differently in Ghana. and about the banks not having money, please shattap, coz i withdrew almost 500k in naira, thats more than 800 cedis from the atm just now
see dis mumu gal o! Na for which atm u c armed guards.. U wan break atm carry money? Abi u smoke mushrooms? Abeg park well! Which banks even dey use armed cops dis days apart from security guards.. U jst dey yarn dust jare!
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:
The time now in Accra is 7:25 pm and can you believe i went to the atm to get cash and to my surprise the Bank, CAL bank, was still ope. I mean the doors flung wide open. The workers were moving freely. Then i took a look at the gate, it was open wide and just one or two security and no police man with arms or bullion vans around. The same scenario happened at utc bank and eco bank, and at this particular hour.
Lets take a similar look to Nigeria banks at this hour. You wont even see a single light in the bank because all the doors have been shut, the atm is locked up inside and even the ones outside are insecure. Then the gates are barely open as you walk in to the atm with stern looking faces of security personnel all over you. Not forgetting police cars and securities with guns.
what changed in Nigeria?
if you come Nigeria again make Ogun strike you.
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by doublewisdom: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
experimentist:
How much dey for ghana bank
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ghana don suffer for una hand.
Back to topic, armed robbers only go where there is something valuable.

3 Likes

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Donkaz(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

then whats the need of heavily armed security guards around atms and the bank premises? I thought it was a normal thing with all banks until tonight i saw differently in Ghana. and about the banks not having money, please shattap, coz i withdrew almost 500k in naira, thats more than 800 cedis from the atm just now
na dis kind lie dey make mikel score goal

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Marotzke(m): 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

you dont know what you saying! 1 cedi = N52

https://www.google.com.ng/?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=0HdFVNy6EoTjatjogogN#q=cedi+to+naira
in your bid to discredit Nigeria, see how you've made a big fool of yourself. simple arithmetic you can't do, it is to cast negative aspersions on a country of about 170 million people. I hope shame and regrets will not kill you in your bed.

3 Likes

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by thinkngrowrich(m): 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
robbers have stopped stealing worthless Ghanaian cowries since 1888

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
experimentist:
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

It's a lie,show us the pic
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by evavista: 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
So in summary, the OP wants bank workers to start closing my 8pm . With this naija banking system, a young man of 30 will look like 50.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
ifyalways:

Please, educate yourself. You claimed in your earlier post that you withdrew 800 ghs, an equivalent of 500,000 ngn from an ATM. 800 ghc is roughly 42,000 ngn. ATM's in Naija dispense 150,000 per account per diem. Do the Maths.

http://coinmill.com/GHS_NGN.html#GHS=800
Don't mind the girl,shes been lying to us since
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Rinzman(m): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
I hail thee...@OP
You want banks in Nigeria to close @ 11:59pm?SMH
I guess you don't understand the rigors of a bank job...please do the needful(do your findings) before you arrive @ ya conclusions.
And regarding armed security personnel guarding the ATM machine(s)...
Hard guys aren't smiling,there have been instances where they(hard guys)made away with millions of naira and I guess U already figured who bears the brunts of such loss...the bank(branch)!
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
diluminati:

you said heavily armed!
like seriously r u for real?
you've only been to 2 states out of the 36 states aside Abuja of the country n u had to conclude with that?
I've been to over 5 states of the federation namely Maiduguri, Anambra, Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi and FCT and I can authoritatively tell u dat in any of these banks I've not seen any heavily armed security men as u put it

and about the closing time, Nigerian banks close 4pm agreed because they have to balance and still turn up for work the following day but please I'll like u to help me get information from Ghana banks when is there resumption time and when is their official closing time then after that I'll give my honest opinion because I've not been to Ghana before so I can't begin judging when I'm not enlightened

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by kingphilip(m): 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
experimentist:
see dis mumu gal o! Na for which atm u c armed guards.. U wan break atm carry money? Abi u smoke mushrooms? Abeg park well! Which banks even dey use armed cops dis days apart from security guards.. U jst dey yarn dust jare!
bros e tire me o

Na just normal security men wey no get gun Na dem de de bank this days o

maybe she left Nigeria in the 40's abeg more blame ha
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
This dude and lies. eBillionaire

He's not lying, all banks works almost till that time, atleast 9:00pm. .....

but the bank is closed to customer by 4:00pm, depending on the location
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by amacastel: 12:15am On Oct 21, 2014
Abeg make una mercy for the ode op
Atlist una don yab am wella I take God beg una just allow him to carry his remaining properties to ghana cos GHANA MUST GO forever
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by WIZGUY69(m): 12:54am On Oct 21, 2014
cheesy grin
in dbanj's voice.
kini score?
7:0
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by adconline(m): 1:37am On Oct 21, 2014
Billyonaire:
Have you ever traveled to America ? Banks close by 5PM too but anyway, it depends on where you lived in Nigeria, cos I know banks in VI that work till 10pm daily and open on Saturdays too.
That's not true. Banks stay open in NYC till 6pm. In Midwest, they stay open till 6pm; some located inside malls and grocery stores stay open till 8. They are open on SAT till 3pm. TCF Bank is open everyday 8-8. Banking hours in TX and CA are almost same.. Long banking hours with working ATMs. Naija banks close door to customers at 4pm
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by sekzy99(m): 2:29am On Oct 21, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by magnatejay: 2:59am On Oct 21, 2014
Visit www.primezine.com for authentic news...

Visit www.myqlick.com to find friends and lots more...

Invite your friends...
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by destante(f): 3:41am On Oct 21, 2014
experimentist:
grin
Coupled with the fact that we have security issues here sha.
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by JiggamanGh: 3:55am On Oct 21, 2014
Princecalm:
Ghana isn't Nigeria and can never be Nigeria

Well, every country wants to move forward and not backwards.
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by JiggamanGh: 4:04am On Oct 21, 2014
doublewisdom:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ghana don suffer for una hand.
Back to topic, armed robbers only go where there is something valuable.

There are more money in the Swiss banks and cayman banks it they don't have as much robbery as in Nigeria. Nigerians are just born criminals.
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 21, 2014
Op,let's put it this way,the higher the population,the most likely the higher the social vices.

Ghana's population should be compared to Lagos,and not Nigeria,hence the heavy security in Nigeria Banks..

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by JiggamanGh: 5:02am On Oct 21, 2014
Yomieluv:
Op,let's put it this way,the higher the population,the most likely the higher the social vices.

Ghana's population should be compared to Lagos,and not Nigeria,hence the heavy security in Nigeria Banks..

Makes no sense USA has way larger pop than nigeria but there are no security guards in US banks.
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 21, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Makes no sense USA has way larger pop than nigeria but there are no security guards in US banks.
there's,but more of invincible.I.e- scientific policing,cctv etc.

Nigeria hasn't gotten to that level security wise,so ours is still manual policing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 21, 2014
diluminati:
what changed in Nigeria?

shut up, canada 5:00pm banks don close
Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by mlanreh: 5:34am On Oct 21, 2014
OP, y now

Re: The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria by mlanreh: 5:42am On Oct 21, 2014
adconline:

That's not true. Banks stay open in NYC till 6pm. In Midwest, they stay open till 6pm; some located inside malls and grocery stores stay open till 8. They are open on SAT till 3pm. TCF Bank is open everyday 8-8. Banking hours in TX and CA are almost same.. Long banking hours with working ATMs. Naija banks close door to customers at 4pm

Some Gtbanks branches close by 5pm.And as for banks the close the doors to their customers by 4pm the question we should ask is what time do most of them leave the building

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(clap Him) Or (clap For Him) Which One Is Correct???? / Is It Possible To Stop Purging/running Stomach By Drinking Garri / Merry Christmas Special SMS Messages 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.