Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,729 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Breaking News; Pilots Refuse To Fly #ebola Patience Again, See Their Reason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News; Pilots Refuse To Fly #ebola Patience Again, See Their Reason (609 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Eligibility Suit; Buhari Lawyers Complicates Case, Refuse To Tender Evidences. / Medview Approved To Fly Six International Routes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News; Pilots Refuse To Fly #ebola Patience Again, See Their Reason by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
According to Les Abend who is a Boeing 777 captain for a major airline with 30 years of flying experience. He is also a CNN aviation analyst and senior contributor to Flying magazine. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely his I glanced at the map display on my side of the passenger jet's instrument panel. A small blue circle within 100 miles of the magenta line that defined our course identified the airport in Gander, Newfoundland. This would be our best alternate if our medical problem became an emergency.
We were just shy of two hours into our flight from JFK to London when the flight attendant call chime sounded and I picked up the intercom handset. A woman in business class had fainted and was vomiting. A retired physician was attending. The flight attendant promised to keep me updated.
With the handset still to my ear, I contemplated the situation and asked, "Has anyone determined whether the woman has a fever?"

Silence.
"Uh -- crap. No. Good question," the flight attendant said.
A couple of months ago this would have been a matter of deciding whether we needed a diversionary landing. But this trip was flown just last weekend, and at a time of rampant Ebola paranoia. Fortunately, the story had a happy ending for all concerned. The woman had apparently over-medicated herself before the flight, and http://chinedusamuel..com/2014/10/breaking-news-pilots-refuse-to-fly.html

(1) (Reply)

Gov Orji And The Businessday States’ Competitiveness And Good Governance Award / ‘the Insanity Of The Insane; The Case Of Okwadike Ikpeazu’ / David Mark Shouldn't Be Allowed Again In The Senate-chief Mike Onoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.