Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

"Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham (2130 Views)

Ridiculously Oversized Dogs That Forgot How Big They Are[photos] / Photos: See What Those Dogs Did To Little Omonigho Abraham / Photo: Lagos State Police Parade Dogs That Attacked 4-year-old Abraham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by omanifrank(m): 7:23am On Oct 21, 2014
Omonigho Abraham, the 4-year-old boy who was attacked by two dogs in the Igando area of Lagos State, has said the police and the government must ensure that the dogs that almost took his life are killed.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-OWQRa7oXvMw/VEXJULPhvRI/AAAAAAABOUY/CnO4sCWB7E4/s280/Omonigho-Abraham.jpg[/img]

The little boy, who is in the Burns and Plastic Ward of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, told PUNCH Metro yesterday that he would not return home until the dogs were dead.

Narrating his ordeal, Omonigho, who still had a bandaged head, said he had tried to run from the dogs when they started to attack him but he was overwhelmed.
“I was playing with my brothers when the dogs entered our flat. I could not jump, so they
bit my head. I pinched Gaddafi (one of the dogs), but he did not leave me. It was when I heard the voice of my mummy that I woke up. I want them to kill the dogs; I won’t return home.”
PUNCH reports that the young boy, whose face was still marred with signs of the attack, wore a sad countenance when he saw the gory pictures of his torn head on his father’s phone. He later started playing games on the smart phone.

A worker in the ward who said the boy’s health had improved compared to when he was admitted said:
“The day they brought him here remains unforgettable for me. I couldn’t eat throughout that day because he looked horrible.”
PUNCH Metro had first reported that Omonigho’s scalp was bitten off by two dogs in their neighbourhood, while he played with his brothers. Residents of the area and some policemen who besieged the scene of the incident had done nothing to rescue him until his mother, Mrs. Abraham arrived, fought off the dogs and snatched her son from their jaws.

Omonigho’s father, Mr. Odiah, who was angry that the police claimed to have saved the boy berated the police for failing to rescue his son. According to him, the police are attempting to muddle up the investigations. He told PUNCH Metro that he even got a call from the Divisional Crime Officer of the Igando Police Station asking him to come and “order the release of the dogs to their owner”.
He said:
“She asked me to come and agree to release the dogs to the owner or else, they would release the dogs to the owner themselves. She said in the alternative, I should take the dogs to my house.

It was also learnt that the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, paid a visit to the victim at LASUTH. Odiah said:
My wife even told him that at the gate when she was about rescuing the boy, she asked one of the seven policemen to follow her inside, but the police officer said, ‘am I the one that should follow you to go and die?’. My wife said that was what gave her the courage to go inside the rescue the boy,” he added.

Odiah says since PUNCH Metro reported the matter, he has been receiving support from Nigerians. Governor of Delta State, Emmanuel Uduaghan, sent his personal medical doctor, one Dr.Ufoma, who discussed the possibility of the victim being flown abroad for further treatment. The Lagos State Government, Ministry of Health, was also said to have refunded money spent on his treatment, and promised to pay all other expenses.

The police spokesperson, Nwosu, also confirmed his visit to the hospital and promised to investigate the allegation. He said:
“I was there on Friday as part of our efforts to show concern. I told the mother that in the midst of all this, what is more important is the life of the boy. If anybody has acted in an unprofessional way, we will investigate and take the appropriate action."
He said the dogs were undergoing tests and the results would be made public.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-must-kill-dogs-that-attacked-me-boy/

.com
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by orobs93(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2014
Are the Dogs still alive?
Please come and show me d DOGS.

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by TeamSimple(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2014
Thank God you alive little one..May God heal u completeley physically n psychologicaly
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by politricks: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2014
They should Just take those dogs to Calabar and the rest would be history.

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MizMyColi(f): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm.....
What is society turning into.......

A 4 year old filled with such bitterness as to spew MUST and KILL

Oma se o.

Life is Beautiful
kiss kiss kiss
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MadCow1: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2014
Any Officer named Asuquo would be more than glad to be sent on that assignment.. grin

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Cokacola: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2014
ok
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by kreamidiva(f): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2014
The dogs tore the poor boys skull... it was a sorry sight.

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by politricks: 9:39am On Oct 21, 2014
Thats too harsh.They should Just take those dogs to Calabar so that boys can eat it.
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by dapsoneh: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2014
This is d kind of news dat shld make d frontage. The whole world shld see why these evil dogs deserve death. They bit d scalp off exposing the innocent boy's skull... this is cruel. whosoever owns those beast and stil pressing for thei releas shld be locked up as well... crazy country
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by pretydiva(f): 9:49am On Oct 21, 2014
kreamidiva:
The dogs tore the poor boys skull... it was a sorry sight.
christ shocked.those dogs almost killed d boy. so those onlookers and d police actually didn't do any fin 2 rescue dis poor child.jst imagine if d mother hadn't cm@ dat tym,it wld ve been a diff story entirely. D hrt of men is indeed wicked.get wel soon son

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Arrest the owner for starters.
Then sue him into oblivion.
Nonsense
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MadCow1: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1800439_20141021091128_jpegc384e2ebc256415f0851e8cb624a9264

I change my Mind..

Shoot them dogs dead and go sue the owner..

2 Likes

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Mprex(f): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2014
And to think that the owner of those bloody thirsty beasts is pressing for their release

What the heck is Nigeria turning into? Those dogs ought to be killed to prevent future attacks and their owner needs to be sued for not been able to keep his Godforsaken pets in check!
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by balaclava: 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
I pray this boy does nt have brain related health issues in the future (Amen). As 4 the dogs they already have brain related health problems, the owner should move to his own flat or vacate the the block of flats if he insists on keeping the maniacs.
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Afrok(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
The greatest physician Jesus Christ will grant U divine healing boy. As for the dogs, we know people that'll do eating justice to them, so they should do d needful.

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MadCow1: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Afrok:
The greatest physician Jesus Christ will grant U divine healing boy. As for the dogs, we know people that'll do eating justice to them, so they should do d needful.

Jesus is like the Nigerian Police... Only showing up after the damage has been done. grin
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Afrok(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
MadCow1:

Jesus is like the Nigerian Police... Only showing up after the damage has been done. grin
jump and pass
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1800439_20141021091128_jpegc384e2ebc256415f0851e8cb624a9264

I change my Mind..

Shoot them dogs dead and go sue the owner..

Arrest and sue the owner. As an example.there are too many eejits out there with dangerous animals they use to oppress people
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MadCow1: 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
oyb:

Arrest and sue the owner. As an example.there are too many eejits out there with dangerous animals they use to oppress people

The owner cant technically be arrested per se as I cant think of a crime the owner has commited here. Maybe negligence.

But a Animals owner is responsible for the actions of its pet and by default, the Dogs owner is responsible for the Childs medical bills and may be liable to pay some amounts in compenation to the victims family.
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
This is horrible :/
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by pretydiva(f): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2014
MadCow1:

no wonder ur name.ur rily a cow n a mad 1@dat

2 Likes

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by dynamicbuzz(f): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hmmm.....

Oma se o.

Life is Beautiful
kiss kiss kiss

If you were his mom, you won't be this judgmental. I know he's 4 years old but he was at the point of death, so pardon him that he knows the meaning of MUST and KILL
Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by MadCow1: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
pretydiva:
no wonder ur name.ur rily a cow n a mad 1@dat

No matter how many Nice names like Pretty, Diva, beauty, e.t.c. you call yourself, You would still remain an Ugly Amoeba..

PrettyDiva indeed.. Ugly Girls sure have jokes. grin

1 Like

Re: "Police Must Kill The Dogs That Attacked Me" - Omonigho Abraham by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hmmm.....

Oma se o.

Life is Beautiful
kiss kiss kiss
Tell me you are not blind.

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures From Psquare's Dad Burial In Anambra (photos) / Jibola Ajimobi,oyo State Gov Daughter Shows Off Selfie Without Makeup / Is Patience Ozokwor Telling So.some To Gerrarahia [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.