Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

House Asks Fg To Reject $3bn World Bank Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Asks Fg To Reject $3bn World Bank Loan (700 Views)

Lagos Owes $1bn Of States’ $3bn External Debts / Pomo’ Consumption Hurting Nigeria’s $3bn Hides/skin Industry / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Asks Fg To Reject $3bn World Bank Loan by iukpe: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2008
Opposition has continued to mount against the offer of a $3 billion loan for infrastructural development by World Bank, with the House of Representatives passing a resolution rejecting the facility.
The House urged the Federal Government to reject the loan describing it as a “death trap” which should be avoided considering the fact that the country had only a few years ago managed to secure partial pardon of a backlog of debts owed the London and Paris clubs of creditors.

I think we should take this loan, since we cannot see what the past loans did to our currency and we are such a good country at managing financial resources.
Re: House Asks Fg To Reject $3bn World Bank Loan by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2008
Nigerians.
of coz this is even beyong death trap. Why not investing the 3.4 billion in developing the infrastrucral materials? And why the federal Govt want to accept  the loan when excess crude oil account hit 22 billion?
I hope our govt machineries are not fakes.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Go To The White House / The Enugu-nsukka Death Trap: A Study In Broken Promises / Daniel , Obasanjo-bello Clash At Akala's Daughters Wedding .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.