Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud (2276 Views)

Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos) / END TIME!! Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple / Why I Will Never never never Step My Foot In The Redeemed Church Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by IBRAHIMLAMOUR: 2:51am On Oct 22, 2014
A Redeemed Christian Church of God pastor has been accused of obtaining N5.1m under false pretence.
The pastor, who was arraigned before a Magistrates’ Court, sitting in Igbosere, Lagos, heads ‘Chapel of Triumph Parish, Oworoshoki, Lagos.

The accused, 50-year-old Oderinde Oluwatosin, was arrested by the operatives of the Special Fraud Unit, SFU, Milverton Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Following investigations, he was charged on a four-count charge of stealing.
The police prosecutor, Supol Olakanmi Omisope, revealed to the court that the accused committed the offence between January and October, 2013 in Lagos.

Omisope added that the accused collected the sum of N4.5m from Azumara Egonnaya and N900,000 from Emeng Igbang to invest in oil business, while promising to refund them the monies.

The prosecutor alleged that after rceiving the money from the complainants,Oderinde refused to pay them back, adding that when all efforts by the complainants to retrieve the money from the accused proved
abortive, they reported the matter to the police.

The pastor, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge and the presiding Chief Magistrate, Mrs F.O. Aigbokhaevbo granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two surties in like sum.

She subsequently adjourned the matter till October 31 for mention.

Oluwatosin has since been taken to Ikoyi Prison, Lagos, pending the time his bail conditions are met. http:///10OO7p

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 22, 2014
I know this will be what they will bring up seeing that Pastor Adeboye vouch for Pastor Ayo. Even the OP moniker tells it all. God bless the Church of God. God bless the President. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by pickabeau1: 3:09am On Oct 22, 2014
Source
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by klem93(m): 3:55am On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by 2special(m): 4:35am On Oct 22, 2014
in other news,muslims clerics supporting Boko haram.Ibrahim,O.P, Get a Life!
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Mintayo(m): 4:37am On Oct 22, 2014
Jail kwa? I didnt see any jail na? Atleast he has not been sentenced yet according to the Op!
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by podosci(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2014
2special:
People like you with sentimental archaic thinking that's dragging this county down the drain....Is it proper for a pastor to embezzle? the GOd you serv, did He direct pastors to enrich themselfs with peoples tithe?...The case is still in the court, the pastor can be found guilty or innocent but after reading the post the only thing you could make out was the name and possible religion of the OP and allowed such sentiments to cloud your reasoning....Instead of understanding the message, you started targeting the messenger......i dont know if the OP chose to create this topic because of his own sentimental views aligned along Religious lines....If so Both of you lack the intelligence to survive in the modern world, The rest of humanity is moving forward with intelligent constructive thinking,,u and your religious biased people are moving backward with your sentimental thinking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by abdulwastecx(m): 6:12am On Oct 22, 2014
GodsMercy1:
I know this will be what they will bring up seeing that Pastor Adeboye vouch for Pastor Ayo. Even the OP moniker tells it all. God bless the Church of God. God bless the President. God bless Nigeria.

SENTIMENTAL FOLKS. ..RELIGION IS A TOOL FOR MENTAL SLAVERY, INTELLIGENT PEOOLE, CAPTAIN OF INDUSTRIES, ACADEMIA S SUDDENLY BECOME FOOL WHEN RELIGION IS DISCUSSED BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE BEYOND THOSE BOOKS WRITTEN BY CAFE MEN

HAVE YOU ASK YOURSELF ABOUT HOW THESE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD MADE THEIR MONEY?

WAS ADEBOYE AN INDUSTRIALIST, BUSINESS MAN, A MECHANIZED FARMER OR W STOKE BROKERS?... WHERE DID HE MAKE HIS BILLIONS OR NAIRA FROM?...
JESUS CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND STARTED HANDLING CASH TO THOSE WEALTHY PASTORS... WAKE NIGGAS, THOSE MEN ARE RICH BECAUSE WE PAID TO BE RICH, THEY RUN BUSINESS VENTUR3 THAT WE PAID FOR BY FOOLING OURSELF ABOUT SOME MIRACLES AND ETERNAL LIFE.

CHECK THE LIST OF RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD AND YOU WILL FIND UP TO 6 NIGERIA PASTORS IN THE TOP TEN DESPITE THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS A VERY POOR COUNTRY... AGAIN WHERE DO THESE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD MAKE THEIR MONEY FROM?

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by abdulwastecx(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2014
2special:

You are right man...Islamic scholars directly or indirectly support extremism in one way or the other.

BOTH RELIGION ARE VERY SIMILAR...ISLAM IS MORE POLITICAL WHILE CHRISTIANITY IS A BUSINESS MODEL

IT WILL DO US ALOT OF GOOD TO JUST BE A NUETRAL PERSON
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Descartes: 6:17am On Oct 22, 2014
The accused, 50-year-old Oderinde
Oluwatosin, was arrested by the
operatives of the Special Fraud Unit,
SFU, Milverton Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.-SOURCE
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by ruxton06(m): 6:19am On Oct 22, 2014
Don't we have imams and alfas who are also rich and dubious? It's everywhere abeg!
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 22, 2014
Perhaps, the business didn't go as planned. You can never tell.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Segadem(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2014
Mintayo:
Jail kwa? I didnt see any jail na? Atleast he has not been sentenced yet according to the Op!
jungle journalism.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Donfamous(m): 6:35am On Oct 22, 2014
HO̶̲̥̅ do we lknow that d blog (source) is credible.
Awon blogger yii sha
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by femicyrus(m): 6:50am On Oct 22, 2014
How I wish Daddy G.O did not comment on Ayo's case (that is if He indeed vouch for him) else such post will not come up.
I can't vouch for any pastor becos their altar life may be different from their private life
The last person I can vouch for is the present CAN president
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by omenka(m): 6:58am On Oct 22, 2014
GodsMercy1:
Errrm, what does the Moniker say
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by destante(f): 7:17am On Oct 22, 2014
Lol I hope op didn't go to deliberately pull this out from somewhere to satisfy a particular inclination.
Anyways, if the story is true, then the law should take its course.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by ratiken(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2014
There are criminals everywhere... Both in the church and mosque.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Omimah: 8:09am On Oct 22, 2014
GodsMercy1:
What is about the moniker of the OP? Your attention should be on whether or not the pastor is guilty.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by balaclava: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2014
abdulwastecx:

SENTIMENTAL FOLKS. ..RELIGION IS A TOOL FOR MENTAL SLAVERY, INTELLIGENT PEOOLE, CAPTAIN OF INDUSTRIES, ACADEMIA S SUDDENLY BECOME FOOL WHEN RELIGION IS DISCUSSED BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE BEYOND THOSE BOOKS WRITTEN BY CAFE MEN

WAS ADEBOYE AN INDUSTRIALIST, BUSINESS MAN, A MECHANIZED FARMER OR W STOKE BROKERS?... WHERE DID HE MAKE HIS BILLIONS OR NAIRA FROM?...
JESUS CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND STARTED HANDLING CASH TO THOSE WEALTHY PASTORS... WAKE NIGGAS, THOSE MEN ARE RICH BECAUSE WE PAID TO BE RICH, THEY RUN BUSINESS VENTUR3 THAT WE PAID FOR BY FOOLING OURSELF ABOUT SOME MIRACLES AND ETERNAL LIFE.

CHECK THE LIST OF RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD AND YOU WILL FIND UP TO 6 NIGERIA PASTORS IN THE TOP TEN DESPITE THE FACT THAT NIGERIA IS A VERY POOR COUNTRY... AGAIN WHERE DO THESE SO CALLED MEN OF GOD MAKE THEIR MONEY FROM?

You have said well,

But I say unto u, that every idle word that men shall speak they shall give account thereof in The day of Judgement. Matt 12:36
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2014
Well, I'm not surprised. As above, so below.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Church administration may be alien to you bro. For your information, royalties from one book by any of these men of God runs into millions of dollars. I've worked with a man of God with a congregation of over 1million across the nation and beyond and know how much one of his publications worth. Let's consider Pastor Christ with over 10 million direct and following members worldwide. Even if a copy of one of his books goes for N200 and make 100 naira net profit per copy. Use your calculator and post the total proceed from sales of just one of his books. Let's also consider the numbers of persons that may give 100 naira each Sunday in his congregation or that of any man of God. If 100,000 gives 100 naira, tell me how much will that amount to in just a Sunday. I'm very sure many well to do persons give more that that each Sunday. Let's even consider politicians and others that publish, do you know how much Obama made and still making from his publications till date? Bro, please change your mentality about men of God. If you can write, sit up and put your pen to work. Better still ask your el rufai how much he made from his recent Servant Leader. That men of God are mentioned should not ignite your hatred button. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by xtervaganza(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Op is a huge r€tard!

Pastor was jailed according to your title

Pastor was accused according to the content of your post
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2014
IBRAHIMLAMOUR:
A Redeemed Christian Church of God pastor has been accused of obtaining N5.1m under false pretence.
The pastor, who was arraigned before a Magistrates’ Court, sitting in Igbosere, Lagos, heads ‘Chapel of Triumph Parish, Oworoshoki, Lagos.

The accused, 50-year-old Oderinde Oluwatosin, was arrested by the operatives of the Special Fraud Unit, SFU, Milverton Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Following investigations, he was charged on a four-count charge of stealing.
The police prosecutor, Supol Olakanmi Omisope, revealed to the court that the accused committed the offence between January and October, 2013 in Lagos.

Omisope added that the accused collected the sum of N4.5m from Azumara Egonnaya and N900,000 from Emeng Igbang to invest in oil business, while promising to refund them the monies.

The prosecutor alleged that after rceiving the money from the complainants,Oderinde refused to pay them back, adding that when all efforts by the complainants to retrieve the money from the accused proved
abortive, they reported the matter to the police.

The pastor, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge and the presiding Chief Magistrate, Mrs F.O. Aigbokhaevbo granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two surties in like sum.

She subsequently adjourned the matter till October 31 for mention.

Oluwatosin has since been taken to Ikoyi Prison, Lagos, pending the time his bail conditions are met. http:///10OO7p
Our Justice System is so flawed
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by fr3do(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2014
Mintayo:

Don't you know people are held in custody(sometimes jail) if they can't meet up their bail pending trial?
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by fr3do(m): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
Our Justice System is so flawed

This is bail not fine.
He will be required to pay up the money he stole.
If he can't provide it, the court will handle over his assets to a firm for liquidation.
But he will still have to face jail time or fine for fraud.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by o42austino(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2014
why all this, i cant even see a Fraud case here, d guy just borrowed moni frm 2 people to do business but could not pay back, so whats d fruad there? pls someone shld Educate me angrywhy all this, i cant even see a Fraud case here, d guy just borrowed moni frm 2 people to do business but could not pay back, so whats d fruad there? pls someone shld Educate me
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by o42austino(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2014
fr3do:

Don't you know people are held in custody(sometimes jail) if they can't meet up their bail pending trial?
that was then its now an offence to lock someone up because he cant pay.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by fr3do(m): 11:23am On Oct 22, 2014
o42austino:
why all this, i cant even see a Fraud case here, d guy just borrowed moni frm 2 people to do business but could not pay back, so whats d fruad there? pls someone shld Educate me angrywhy all this, i cant even see a Fraud case here, d guy just borrowed moni frm 2 people to do business but could not pay back, so whats d fruad there? pls someone shld Educate me

I see, the news was reported to make it look like the pastor was investing for them like an agent, though he only borrowed.
The pastor has committed no crime, the court can only declare him bankrupt and liquidate his assets, if after liquidation the money doesn't add up, it is the plaintiff's loss.
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by fr3do(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2014
o42austino:
that was then its now an offence to lock someone up because he cant pay.

^^
I have already corrected myself.

Journalism in 9ja is wack!
Re: Redeemed Church Pastor Jailed For N5million Fraud by IBRAHIMLAMOUR: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2014
2special:
. It is so painful that we have been divided along religion and ethnic line. I bear no grudges against christianity and the adherent of the religion and I also support no wrong doing among any muslims. Buh one thing is certain posterity will judge pple like u

(1) (Reply)

Happy 32nd Birthday To The PDP National Youth Leader / Gmb Today On The Streets Of Uk .picture / Report Links MTN Nigeria’s Record $5billion To Olu Falae’s Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.